2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest goce.nakov
And woot ill do with this... Sorry, i never done this.... :rolleyes:

Flash it thry flash/recovery mode.....(like you are flashing any other ROM)

Guest MarcusHenrique

Thanks, update 8 is the fastest! At least until now.. =P

I have a pretty serious bug report to make:

- I can't get the camera to record. FC each time I try, since up7. =/

Guest MarcusHenrique
Its true, my phone also cant record.... But thats not a big problem for me....

That wasn't a problem for me to, until today when a couple decided to get married in the middle OF THE BUS STATION! With priest, guests, red carpet...

Man, I'd rule youtube with that if I was able to record it =/

Guest Rem1x
That wasn't a problem for me to, until today when a couple decided to get married in the middle OF THE BUS STATION! With priest, guests, red carpet...

Man, I'd rule youtube with that if I was able to record it =/

Whoa, that's pretty awesome, I'd love to have seen that!

Guest sbadger
So are we saying that video recording doesn't work if you have installed the vibration fix?

I haven't flashed the Chinese/Swedish UPDATA.APP and my recording doesn't work, using Vanilla r8.

Guest igor_anta
So are we saying that video recording doesn't work if you have installed the vibration fix?

I'm on the starkos rom with vibrations fixed and recording is OK, no FC.

Guest rimmer74

No, it still works for me using Starkos ROM from post 90 of this thread, with the chinese rom vibration fix! But it didn't when I had Sh4d0w940's update 7 installed yesterday... so the error seems to be from update7 onwards...

EDIT - Sorry igor_anta beat me to it...

Edited by rimmer74

Guest MarcusHenrique

What! update 8 with no lock screen? And green button doesn't take you anywhere? =S

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest Simon O
What! update 8 with no lock screen? And green button doesn't take you anywhere? =S

What do you mean? Update8 works fine for me. Did you remember to wipe before installing?

Guest Sh4d0w940
Thanks, update 8 is the fastest! At least until now.. =P

I have a pretty serious bug report to make:

- I can't get the camera to record. FC each time I try, since up7. =/

I've added it to known issues and will try to fix it.

Sh4d0w940

Guest MarcusHenrique
What do you mean? Update8 works fine for me. Did you remember to wipe before installing?

Update 8 works fine, but I don't have the lockscreen! =S

And I've wiped everything

EDIT: Weird, I've rebooted and lockscreen is back! =S

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest Simon O
Update 8 works fine, but I don't have the lockscreen! =S

And I've wiped everything

EDIT: Weird, I've rebooted and lockscreen is back! =S

Phew, glad it's working for you. I had lockscreen as soon as it was installed so I'm not sure what the problem was for you.

Guest SonMauri

I installed the Update7, a couple of restarts and some FC, no vibration but what is probably pushing me back to 1.5 is the fact that the data services doesn't work as they should. For example, almost all the time i got no data coverage but when i do then of all the apps i installed the only ones that works are facebook for android and the stock browser, all else (market and gtalk included) will simply not work (although market WILL search and find but not install any of those).

Is strange... phone calls works ok, speed is ok.

NOTE. Installing now update8.

Thanks

Guest nxsfan

Updated baseband, installed recovery image, booted to it (end call + menu), wiped the device, flashed the image.

I've been watching the "Fake bios post + ascii android" video cycle for 10 minutes.

I have rewiped and reflashed, same result.

Does anyone know what i've done wrong? Could the zip image have been corrupt? The amon recovery image states "verifying zip" so I assumed there was some sort of checksum.

Guest DarrellK
Updated baseband, installed recovery image, booted to it (end call + menu), wiped the device, flashed the image.

I've been watching the "Fake bios post + ascii android" video cycle for 10 minutes.

I have rewiped and reflashed, same result.

Does anyone know what i've done wrong? Could the zip image have been corrupt? The amon recovery image states "verifying zip" so I assumed there was some sort of checksum.

Same for me. With other 2.1 roms I've had to reboot into recovery after flashing in order to repair ext partition, but that didn't help in this case.

Guest goce.nakov
Same for me. With other 2.1 roms I've had to reboot into recovery after flashing in order to repair ext partition, but that didn't help in this case.

Format your SD card under PC operating system, then partition your SD card under phone boot/recovery, then again take of your SD card from the phone and put it in to PC, copy the image file to SD card, put it back in the phone, wipe the phone and flash the image.....

Guest nxsfan

I tried ejecting the microsd card mid boot with no effect. I powered on the phone without the sd card inserted and it booted.

Guest DanWilson
I tried ejecting the microsd card mid boot with no effect. I powered on the phone without the sd card inserted and it booted.

Did you wipe the ext partition before flash?

Apparently wiping after flash screws it up... :rolleyes:

Guest nxsfan
Did you wipe the ext partition before flash?

Apparently wiping after flash screws it up... :rolleyes:

I wiped it after the flash.

Guest DanWilson
I wiped it after the flash.

Try wiping everything then flash. It should work, but even at that, it takes me many attempts. Just keep trying!

Guest Simon O

r8 seems ok apart from a force close on boot regarding Voice Search com.google.android.voicesearch

I removed the widget but the error keeps happening on boot

Update: Disabled wifi to force my phone into using 3G. No reboots. Happy so far :rolleyes:

BTW, BEST...STARTUP...ANIMATION...EVER!

Edited by flibblesan