2.1 Vanilla based on r6

Guest Sh4d0w940

Guest Richard_Arkless

question I want to remove and add some apk's to the rom, how would I sign it, I know this was talked about many times in the past but it is really like walking through a maze

EDIT NVM found it

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Simon O
question I want to remove and add some apk's to the rom, how would I sign it, I know this was talked about many times in the past but it is really like walking through a maze

EDIT NVM found it

It's pretty easy to sign a zip. Glad you found out how to do it anyway. I've added a custom framework to the rom along with SetCPU (which we need to fix reboots on battery).

Guest Richard_Arkless
It's pretty easy to sign a zip. Glad you found out how to do it anyway. I've added a custom framework to the rom along with SetCPU (which we need to fix reboots on battery).

Yea I agree I just created a rom with some programs removed, flashing now :rolleyes:

Question, what apps can be moved to the data partition cause I want some to be optional e.g. notepad, touchpal, etc

I will be sharing my rom on another thread

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest deadphill

God the restarts are bloody annoying. I tend to find this is something to do with the battery state, esp around the 50% mark, and towards the battery being almost depleted <10%.

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers

Phill

Guest ogiogi
God the restarts are bloody annoying. I tend to find this is something to do with the battery state, esp around the 50% mark, and towards the battery being almost depleted <10%.

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers

Phill

Do you have set cpu running?

Guest goce.nakov

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers

Phill

I don't have any restarts regarding the battery.....sense yesterday I had only one reboot at the beginning, sense then my phone is working fast and stable on r8.......

I tried Starkos ROM yesterday which most of the people claims is the most stable out here, but on my phone was s.... unstable got like 5 random reboots in 3-4 hours..... Strange isn it :rolleyes:

Guest deadphill
Do you have set cpu running?

Sorry mate dont have a clue what you mean by that so I guess not.

Im using the 23/5/10 update.

The reboots on my device get really chronic like a constant reboot cycle that can last anywhere upto an hour if there is no user interuption. I know because I hear it going off when Im driving and watch the nexus one screen keep going.

The reboots are really quite obsurd!

Cheers

Phill

Guest goce.nakov

The reboots on my device get really chronic like a constant reboot cycle that can last anywhere upto an hour if there is no user interuption. I know because I hear it going off when Im driving and watch the nexus one screen keep going.

Cheers

Phill

He meant do you have setCPU app installed and tweaked on your phone but I guess that is not the case at you :rolleyes: (some ppl in here claimed that with setting the CPU at lower regime to get MAX performance thru setCPU app gained more stability)

Guest Simon O

Cheers

Phill

You need to install SetCPU from xda-dev. Set the min to 245MHz and leave it set to "CPU Governor: ondemand". The problem seems to be that the kernel supplied with the 2.1 beta is trying to underclock the CPU too low whilst on battery, which causes instability. 245MHz is fine.

Guest ogiogi

Seems like the CPU uderclocks to save battery when it's low. And maybe this causes more reboots on low battery. With the setCPU app. you can tweak the CPU to run at max speed all the time.

Edited by ogiogi

Guest skrattinn
Yes

My phone works perfect now

It has cpu control minimum 245, i turned off 3G and running on EDGE, so there is no FC or Reboot :rolleyes: I hope, this is enough

also the phone is still working, even im calling (My phone now, has been connected for 45 minutes, and is still on)

Edited by skrattinn

Guest gusthy

hmmmm, hongkomg firmware and starkos rom seems to be very stable, no reboot since yesterday afternoon. this is a record on my pulse.

Guest goce.nakov
hmmmm, hongkomg firmware and starkos rom seems to be very stable, no reboot since yesterday afternoon. this is a record on my pulse.

Not for me.....with Starkos ROM got like 5 reboots in 4 hours...with Shadows ROM running without reboots (only 2 from day before yesterday when I'v installed and both reboots was in 7-7:30 pm)

I know its strange but it happened first time when I installed the ROM and yesterday also at same time

Guest ozren

For me, both of them rebooted during a phone call... not during every phone call, maybe one of three. Funny thing is that I did not get a single reboot or FC when I was not on the phone. I even deliberatly tried wifi, 3g every combination I could think of, I even tried running several apps that require a lot of cpu... nothing, not a single one reboot on stavros and several FCs only on shadows

Guest gusthy
For me, both of them rebooted during a phone call... not during every phone call, maybe one of three. Funny thing is that I did not get a single reboot or FC when I was not on the phone. I even deliberatly tried wifi, 3g every combination I could think of, I even tried running several apps that require a lot of cpu... nothing, not a single one reboot on stavros and several FCs only on shadows

@nakov, ozre: did it happen with the hongkong APRIL rom? I do not mean China unicom one

Guest goce.nakov
@nakov, ozre: did it happen with the hongkong APRIL rom? I do not mean China unicom one

Oh i'm not at home now so I cant verify which one is it, but I know that I googled the name from the first thread "I got vibrate on 2.1....yeah"(or something like that) and downloaded that file.

U8220V100R001C125B249SP01...this one

Edited by goce.nakov

Guest gusthy
It was the one for Sweeden 3 network I think

so you both use the february version, i am speaking of Hong Kong April version mentioned in hoooooray topic yesterday