Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest Simon O
I'm not sure if it was necessary before, but the wpa_supp conf on mine has it for a wpa ap.

Also check the ownership of wpa_supplicant.conf. If you pushed it with adb it will be wrong and you need to chown it. It should be system.wifi

I just did some googling about the SD problem and it looks like all froyo devices have issues with partitioned cards (its not just me configuring it wrong).

That explains why A2SD doesn't work with Cyanogenmod 6 also then.

Still can't get the Froyo A2SD working. Any luck with this yourself?

Update: Did the switch to disable installing apps to SD and I get this error when trying to install Angry Birds:

09-03 17:45:01.755: DEBUG/VoldCmdListener(1068): asec list

09-03 17:45:01.773: INFO/PackageHelper(1631): Size of container 13 MB 11961313 bytes

09-03 17:45:01.876: DEBUG/VoldCmdListener(1068): asec create smdl2tmp1 13 fat {} 10011

09-03 17:45:04.293: ERROR/Vold(1068): Error opening devmapper (No such file or directory)

09-03 17:45:04.293: ERROR/Vold(1068): ASEC device mapping failed (No such file or directory)

09-03 17:45:05.563: ERROR/PackageHelper(1631): Failed to create secure container smdl2tmp1

09-03 17:45:05.563: ERROR/DefContainer(1631): Failed to create container smdl2tmp1

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
This is probably stupid... But you people all seem to have either the hungarian or the UK 2.1 releases... Would the portuguese 2.1 (for the 8230) be helpful in any way?

Wouldn't make any difference really.

Guest Csöpi
Android 2.2 FroYo test video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9JaQhLGlj8

Watch the browser :P

badword yeah:D i want that on my pulse:D

So if im right the know bugs are:

-not working camera

-no working rotation

-sd card mount problem

-some problem with signal strength is not showen up correctly

-not able to change provider manually

Amazing work you have done:)

Guest Simon O
badword yeah:D i want that on my pulse:D

So if im right the know bugs are:

-not working camera

-no working rotation

-sd card mount problem

-some problem with signal strength is not showen up correctly

-not able to change provider manually

Amazing work you have done:)

SD card does mount if there is only one partition. It's a bug affecting other Froyo roms. The issue with SD at the moment is that any protected apps that want to install to the SD card are failing.

Personally I'd love the SD issues fixed first then rotation. Everything else isn't totally important.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
I can get iGoogle full version with about 25 widgets or whatever you want to call them and zoom right out and in, scroll around, and it's smooth. Do like.

I like it too. Froyo rocks.

Guest totiadrenalin

Hey Guys!

First let me apologize to you for this post, but I really need your help.

Me and BigBear are working on pulse multitouch. But untill now I only manage to extract the Pulse i2c rmi touchcontroller hexdecimal code.

I can do the same with any other phone which use the same synaptics_rmi_tochscreen celarpad 2000, and flash mine. But that wouldn't be something very clever, because only i will have pulse with multitouch.

That's why we need your help!

If somebody provide mi the name of the synaptics touchcontroller firmware.

It needs to be in .ihex format.

I only need the name, I'll make my own .ihex and put the hexdec code inside from hero's touchcontroller for example.

Or just copy paste it from the kernel source and then with BigBears help, who also have the patched MT drivers, build the new kernel image with the patched drivers and the new rmi touchcontroller firmware inside.

Anything else should be easy.

Via the project menu, upgrade the firmware and that's it!! PULSE WITH MULTITOUCH !!!!

But until now I only have the hexdecimal code of the synaptics touchcontroller from my pulse.

I have the Appliances and tools to extract any chip binary from any phone, and flash it whit new, of course.

Thanks you anyway.

And it would be great if somebody else support me in this project.

Maybe we could be able to port the multitouch functionality in froyo to.

Keep the god work.

Who wants Pulse with multitouch, let forth his hand!

HEHE!

Pulse Multitouch Modaco

We (well mostly totiadrenalin) are working on getting the Hero's touchscreen controller firmware flashed onto our Pulse. If that works we might maybe end up with multitouch (for Android 1.5 only at the moment) in the coming days :P

Thanks for the hint anyway, flashing a firmware from Huawei might be better, once its released :)

Best regards,

BB

Best regards

Toti

Guest hungary
SD card does mount if there is only one partition. It's a bug affecting other Froyo roms. The issue with SD at the moment is that any protected apps that want to install to the SD card are failing.

GPS doesn't work either.

Personally I'd love the SD issues fixed first then rotation, then GPS. Everything else isn't totally important.

GSP working correctly. I navigate today to Budapest without any problem. (Using iGo)

Edited by hungary

Guest Simon O
GSP working correctly. I navigate today to Budapest without any problem. (Using iGo)

Interesting. It does work in the maps app and navigation (which I didn't test). And it works in Latitude now.. didn't work yesterday :P

Edited by flibblesan

Guest SimonNgou
Hey Guys!

Me and BigBear are working on pulse multitouch. But untill now I only manage to extract the Pulse i2c rmi touchcontroller hexdecimal code.

I can do the same with any other phone which use the same synaptics_rmi_tochscreen celarpad 2000, and flash mine. But that wouldn't be something very clever, because only i will have pulse with multitouch.

I only need the name, I'll make my own .ihex and put the hexdec code inside from hero's touchcontroller for example.

Or just copy paste it from the kernel source and then with BigBears help, who also have the patched MT drivers, build the new kernel image with the patched drivers and the new rmi touchcontroller firmware inside.

Via the project menu, upgrade the firmware and that's it!! PULSE WITH MULTITOUCH !!!!

But until now I only have the hexdecimal code of the synaptics touchcontroller from my pulse.

I have the Appliances and tools to extract any chip binary from any phone, and flash it whit new, of course.

Thanks you anyway.

Keep the god work.

HEHE!

Pulse Multitouch Modaco

Best regards

Toti

Can we ask Huawei directly at their forum?

Guest Simon O
Hey Guys!

Thanks you anyway.

Keep the god work.

HEHE!

Pulse Multitouch Modaco

Best regards

Toti

I understand now. BigBear is explaining to me :P

Edited by flibblesan

Guest totiadrenalin
I don't really understand. What do you need from us? Is this something we have to extract from our phones?

No. Only somehow to find the name of the firmware.

I'll do the rest.

It should be located in the firmware folder in the source.

But we did copy paste any firmware from hero. And no progress yet.

I'll extract it from hero, or dream or any other phone with the same clearpad 2000 touchcontroller and put it in .hex binary file. But I just don't know what should be the name of that firmware.

Guest Simon O

Tom, when you are building Froyo are you working on editing a vendor config or are you making manual changes to the source once downloaded? I'm trying to work out how easy it would be to get other people on-board to help you out.

Guest flip360

@ flibblesan: i support your idea of not making a flashable update.zip, but would you guys care to package froyo like that in the next alpha stage? testing purpose wise its better to have a wide testing audience than 2-3 guys flashing the hell out of their device :P i`m not saying it should be available public though...

cheers

Guest igor_anta
@ flibblesan: i support your idea of not making a flashable update.zip, but would you guys care to package froyo like that in the next alpha stage? testing purpose wise its better to have a wide testing audience than 2-3 guys flashing the hell out of their device :P i`m not saying it should be available public though...

cheers

I actually think that it's time to release it for wider testing, if you remember well Paul released the WIP of the 2.1 beta as a flashable rom to the community. It's really not that bad as it is now, the bugs are not show stopping and it works as a phone, if I understood even better than the 2.1 versions.

So a WIP release with a TON of disclaimers and AT YOUR OWN RISK warnings sounds about right. All brave enough to give it a whirl will contribute with bug reports and such. Just packaged with the essential apps. Just my thought, I'm supportive even if you don't think this is a good idea.

Keep up the fantastic work by the way, really didn't expect things to start moving so fast. Cheers!

Guest totiadrenalin
very nice :P THANKS

About the LiveWallpapers.

The bug isn't in the android.

Because any other LiveWallpaper downloaded from marked works with no problem.

There for the bug should be in the livewallpaper_picker. or in the LiveWallpaper.apk