Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks. So to fix networking completely you need to:

chmod 6751 /system/bin/netcfg

chmod 0644 /system/etc/dbus.conf

chmod 0644 /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks

chmod 0755 /system/xbin/tcpdump

chmod 0755 /system/bin/ping

Playing with the permissions, somehow i screwed the /system/bin/su

flibblesan! Can you please tell me what are the needed permissions for that file?

I need the superuser for the root explorer to work.

Also to test the tethering ability with the brancle tethering app.

Guest totiadrenalin

flibblesan! Can you please tell me what are the needed permissions for that file?

Or upload the su zip because somehow i delete that file from my pc.

Guest Simon O
anyone knows the answer to my question?

I don't, sorry. The U8230 is a slightly different beast to the Pulse and some kernels it doesn't like. The current test Froyo is using the Hungarian T-Mobile kernel which is a bit painful for some devices.

Guest Epic-Emodude
/system/etc/dbus.conf need the permissions rw-r-r--

EDIT:

system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-hooks also need to be set to rw-r-r-- instead of r-xr-x---

EDIT:

/system/xbin/tcpdump permissions need to be set to rwxr-xr-x

+

/system/bin/ping need the permissions to be set to rwxr-xr-x.

Thanx,

I tried this but my phone refused to boot properly (stuck on a black screen after the android thing)

I might have done something wrong, or it may have been to do with applying the sensors thing that flibblesan posted (or a mixture of the two)

Any Ideas what might have caused the problem (Ive reinstalled froyo now)

Guest Simon O
Thanx,

I tried this but my phone refused to boot properly (stuck on a black screen after the android thing)

I might have done something wrong, or it may have been to do with applying the sensors thing that flibblesan posted (or a mixture of the two)

Any Ideas what might have caused the problem (Ive reinstalled froyo now)

Try it without the sensors. If it works then the sensors probably need a matching kernel image (I used the UK 2.1). The kernel in the test Froyo is from the HU 2.1 rom so you should be able to use the sensors from that rom. Remember to delete all the current files in /hw/ first before pushing the new files.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Epic-Emodude
Try it without the sensors. If it works then the sensors probably need a matching kernel image (I used the UK 2.1). The kernel in the test Froyo is from the HU 2.1 rom so you should be able to use the sensors from that rom. Remember to delete all the current files in /hw/ first before pushing the new files.

Ok. I didnt delete the files I just replaced the Hw folder in already on the phone with your one.

with the permisisons is the correct thing to do just to go through the files in root explorer and change them by long pressing and selecting permissions?

Guest totiadrenalin

I'm using the UK 2.1 and sensors work form me.

I mean first the uk, and then flash the froyo via fastboot.

Now the network wpa works good. I can get the right network strength.

Guest Epic-Emodude
I'm using the UK 2.1 and sensors work form me.

I mean first the uk, and then flash the froyo via fastboot.

Now the network wpa works good. I can get the right network strength.

I had the UK 2.1 then FLB-mod 1.5.

I then flashed froyo in fastboot, and wi-fi protected with WPA works fine with no patching or anything.

Howver no matter which way I tilt the device, I cannot get it to rotate =(

Guest Simon O

Should be 06755 for the su binary

Guest Simon O

I then flashed froyo in fastboot, and wi-fi protected with WPA works fine with no patching or anything.

Try the sensors from any rom based on the 2.1 Hungarian like the 2.1 MCR

Home screen doesnt rotate, try with some apps like gmail or browser.

Edited by gusthy

Guest Epic-Emodude
Try the sensors from any rom based on the 2.1 Hungarian like the 2.1 MCR

So I take the Hw folder from the 2.1 MCR and put it in FroYo and it should work?

Guest Simon O
So I take the Hw folder from the 2.1 MCR and put it in FroYo and it should work?

Yep, that should work.

flip360 did you use the hw files from HU 2.1 or another rom?

Guest Epic-Emodude
Yep, that should work.

Ill try that when I get a chance.

Im restoring my FLB-mod backup because I need my phone to be fully functional when im not at home.

Hopefully I will be able to try it tomorow evening

Guest AdamBaker

Is there a reason the froyo testing is using the Hungarian kernel mixed with bits of userspace from the UK ROM. If any kernel / userspace interfaces have changed between Hungarian and UK kernels that could introduce some instability.

I still don't understand what the issue is with taking eclair libs for the camera unless it is just working out the required dependencies. If you use libcameraservice.so from froyo and libcamera.so from eclair the interface between those 2 shouldn't have changed.

libcamera.so depends on libmmcamera.so and libmm-qcamera-tgt.so which in turn depend upon libmmjpeg.so and libmmipl.so which in turn only depend on standard system shared libs.

Guest flip360
Yep, that should work.

i used files from flb 1.5 and the files you posted a few comments above, the permissions commands you posted are correct also :P

Edited by flip360

Guest Simon O
Is there a reason the froyo testing is using the Hungarian kernel mixed with bits of userspace from the UK ROM. If any kernel / userspace interfaces have changed between Hungarian and UK kernels that could introduce some instability.

The Froyo test rom is using the HU .29 kernel and most of the system has been compiled from source. Nothing major has changed between the HU kernel and the UK kernel apart from wifi, but that is easy to fix. It certainly hasn't introduced any instability for myself.

Personally I don't want the Froyo rom to be using the HU kernel as it was problematic for various people. Later 2.1 kernels from the Tre update and the UK update are pretty much identical and perform much better. The HU update was a beta. It's not wise using any part of this.

I still don't understand what the issue is with taking eclair libs for the camera unless it is just working out the required dependencies. If you use libcameraservice.so from froyo and libcamera.so from eclair the interface between those 2 shouldn't have changed.

libcamera.so depends on libmmcamera.so and libmm-qcamera-tgt.so which in turn depend upon libmmjpeg.so and libmmipl.so which in turn only depend on standard system shared libs.

Tom would be the best person to ask about this. I have read that there has been changed in the camera system which prevents the libraries from 2.1 functioning unless you do some modification. I've seen the fixes but they require access to the 2.1 source for our devices which we don't have. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=502

I don't understand any of that so it's best if I leave it to Tom or another expert. It's possible that I've also misread the post and it's not actually a fix.. who knows.

Guest Simon O
i used files from flb 1.5 and the files you posted a few comments above, the permissions commands you posted are correct also :P

Ah ok. So I guess the sensors are the same in all 2.1 Huawei roms. That makes sense and I'm glad they aren't dependant on the kernel.

Guest totiadrenalin
Should be 06755 for the su binary

Thanks.

That works.

Somehow now the tethering works.

Maybe changing the permissions do some tricksd with the tethering app.

Now there's no Nat transaction fault.

Guest flip360

so, we have the camera and a2sd to fix left? :P

i`ve read on xda about different opinions of froyo`s a2sd and the a2sd we use (flb 1.5), many say the second option as better

Guest Simon O
so, we have the camera and a2sd to fix left? :P

i`ve read on xda about different opinions of froyo`s a2sd and the a2sd we use (flb 1.5), many say the second option as better

Yes but if you leave the froyo broken then you won't be able to install any application made for 2.2 that has the ability to install to the SD. You will find over the weeks that more and more apps will have the SD support built in. Imagine not being able to update your apps!

Camera is tricky. I've replaced the camera lib and the added the libs that AdamBaker mentioned but the camera app crashes. This needs more work.

Guest flip360

hmmm, does a2sd work for you? i replaced vold from tom and gave proper permissions, is there anything i should do? add data/app functionality in kitchen?

and on the market issue also, it works but doesnt show a lot of apps especially from appbrain, FLB 1.5 works properly :P

Edited by flip360

Guest AdamBaker
Camera is tricky. I've replaced the camera lib and the added the libs that AdamBaker mentioned but the camera app crashes. This needs more work.

Is there anything interesting in logcat or dmesg when the camera app crashes? Is youtube still crashing on this config (if so it might be playing the video while you frame the shot that is crashing, not the camera itself)