Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Guest rikkiej
Fix for rotaton and other sensors: sensors.zip ( 25.06K ) Number of downloads: 33

extract and replace /system/lib/hw/ with the contents of the zip and fix permissions.

edit: these might need a specific kernel image to work. I'm using the UK 2.1 kernel with Froyo.

Used this and my phone froze with a boot loop as result! Nandroid and retrying now.. What are the correct permissions for these files?

Guest Simon O
Used this and my phone froze with a boot loop as result! Nandroid and retrying now.. What are the correct permissions for these files?

755 on my phone with ownership set to 0:0

Guest rikkiej
Ok I'm testing this now. Waiting for 14:52 when snooze ends

Update: That worked fine. Try replacing the DeskClock.app with this one: DeskClock.zip

Unzip it and push to the phone /system/app/

I did replace a lot of the system apps with FRF91 apps from Cyanogen as they were a bit smaller. Had absolutely no issues with any of them.

Tested it 2x with 2 snoozes, works for me to.

Fixing rotatation froze my phone AGAIN! I'm using root explorer to change the files. Will using the following code make it work?

adb remount rw

adb push C:\android\hw\*** system/lib/hw/***

with *** being the different files ofc.

edit: IT WORKED! I'll report tomorow if it still works, since some people seem to be having problems. (i'm also using UK)

Edited by rikkiej

Guest rulerofkaos
Tested it 2x with 2 snoozes, works for me to.

Fixing rotatation froze my phone AGAIN! I'm using root explorer to change the files. Will using the following code make it work?

adb remount rw

adb push C:\android\hw\*** system/lib/hw/***

with *** being the different files ofc.

I just did it with adb like you wrote, but you can push the complete folder. I didn't need to change permissions.

Guest starkos
can anyone comfirm the market works when converting the images to a update.zip? I've allready changed the vold, permissions and what not. This really bugs me!

What exactly do u mean by works though?

Guest BenIsaacs

I'm new but have been following this thread.

In Froyo, you can move your apps onto the SD card through the applications system menu. Is this possible in this version of Froyo were working on?

:P

Fantastic work so far,

Ben

I'm new but have been following this thread.

In Froyo, you can move your apps onto the SD card through the applications system menu. Is this possible in this version of Froyo were working on?

:P

Fantastic work so far,

Ben

Not yet, afaik!

Guest flip360

well the market works but doesnt show a lot of apps and its the same like in 2.1.

I saw other peoples market on youtube and it looks quite different from mine.

btw, how did you manage to get a2sd working? :P

Edited by flip360

Guest rikkiej

Well atm I can't install apps trough appbrain, any game I install trough titanium back up or market doesn't work. Flib posted he got it fixed.

Guest Letterbox115

I have a bug:

When I'm on 2G network, the phone sometimes suddenly drops the connection, and won't get it back. To get it back, I have to restart the phone

I also have an another question:

Can somebody make a fastboot image to flash with all of the new changes for us halfnoobs who doesn't use adb. Adb is just giving me "Access denied" when I'm trying to replace files myself :/

Thanks for your great work :P

Edited by Letterbox115

Guest starkos
well the market works but doesnt show a lot of apps and its the same like in 2.1.

I saw other peoples market on youtube and it looks quite different from mine.

btw, how did you manage to get a2sd working? :)

Oh right, I didn't play with it too long so only noticed that paid apps wern't showing (except for just one on the home screen :P ).

A2SD was done the same as on all other roms; editing the init.rc found in the boot.img and adding some scripts in an init.d folder placed in /system/etc/

Note: Only traditional a2sd was working not the Froyo version, so as flibblesan stated you can't install some apps that require SD installation

Edited by starkos

Guest daveycarter
I have a bug:

When I'm on 2G network, the phone sometimes suddenly drops the connection, and won't get it back. To get it back, I have to restart the phone

I also have an another question:

Can somebody make a fastboot image to flash with all of the new changes for us halfnoobs who doesn't use adb. Adb is just giving me "Access denied" when I'm trying to replace files myself :/

Thanks for your great work :P

Its been said a number of times in this thread that, Tom G, Fibble & the others developing the 2.2 rom won't post any zips for general use, as there are so many bugs. If your able to use ADB and have knowledge of ADB and Android development, there are links earlier on in this thread. However, for the time bing the majority of forum members will need to just keep up to date with developments as they unfold.

A2SD, camera and the market seem to be the final hurdles and things have really gone on a pace over the last week, great work guys, your now within touching distance of getting a useable rom.

Dave :-)

Guest Letterbox115
Its been said a number of times in this thread that, Tom G, Fibble & the others developing the 2.2 rom won't post any zips for general use, as there are so many bugs. If your able to use ADB and have knowledge of ADB and Android development, there are links earlier on in this thread. However, for the time bing the majority of forum members will need to just keep up to date with developments as they unfold.

A2SD, camera and the market seem to be the final hurdles and things have really gone on a pace over the last week, great work guys, your now within touching distance of getting a useable rom.

Dave :-)

Not even fastboot images? :P

It will soon be my time to go back to 2.1 :/

Guest rulerofkaos
Oh right, I didn't play with it too long so only noticed that paid apps wern't showing (except for just one on the home screen :P ).

A2SD was done the same as on all other roms; editing the init.rc found in the boot.img and adding some scripts in an init.d folder placed in /system/etc/

Note: Only traditional a2sd was working not the Froyo version, so as flibblesan stated you can't install some apps that require SD installation

If you get access denied, just type adb remount before you type adb shell. So the system partition is mounted. Or do it in clockwork recovery, there you can mount /system, too.

Guest starkos
If you get access denied, just type adb remount before you type adb shell. So the system partition is mounted. Or do it in clockwork recovery, there you can mount /system, too.

Huh :P ? Did u quote the wrong person lol?

Guest Simon O

I'm surprised a few people are reporting that rotation freezes the phone. I've had absolutely no issues. It could be a kernel issue (I'm running a newer kernel on Froyo)

If you want to try the UK kernel then download this and flash it through recovery. It'll replace the wifi binaries to newer versions which work with the UK kernel.

The boot.img has a couple of changes from the one Tom used. It will boot Android with loglevel 3 instead of 8, and will give you the graphical Android logo instead of the text based one. It's mostly the same but the layout has been tidied up a bit.

Tom, feel free to use this in any updates.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest totiadrenalin
I'm surprised a few people are reporting that rotation freezes the phone. I've had absolutely no issues. It could be a kernel issue (I'm running a newer kernel on Froyo)

three times till now. to be exact.

Once in the settings app, and twice in the root explorer.

And Now I upgrade the UK 2.1 updata.app, flash the clockworkmod recovery, and then flash FLB mod 1.5 and then flash the froyo via fast boot and fix the fixable bugs.

Until no problems yet. with rotations

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

If you want to try the UK kernel then download this and flash it through recovery. It'll replace the wifi binaries to newer versions which work with the UK kernel.

The boot.img has a couple of changes from the one Tom used. It will boot Android with loglevel 3 instead of 8, and will give you the graphical Android logo instead of the text based one. It's mostly the same but the layout has been tidied up a bit.

Tom, feel free to use this in any updates.

Thanks.

Is this UK based "froyo" kernel?

Guest MikeRame

Just wondering....what happens if you install a2sd, and after that, in the setting menu unmount the SD card. I'm not sure if that thing unmounts the ext2 partition.