Android 2.2 Development

Guest eckengucker1

Can someone tell me how to install the froyo.Becouse every time i try to install it in the Android system recovery i get this:

Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:No signature (3 files)

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

If you dont know how to flash it (you flashed the .zip via recovery) you dont need the ALPHA FROYO FOR DEVS!

Guest Epic-Emodude
Can someone tell me how to install the froyo.Becouse every time i try to install it in the Android system recovery i get this:

Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E:No signature (3 files)

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

Its not a flashable zip, its a series of images that have to be flashed through fastboot (like with the amonra recovery)

thanks a lot guys!

i got my pulse a few weeks ago, just to play around with android. and really impressed me totaly! i even dont touch my iphone4 no longer.

thanks fibblesan for them FLB Rom!

thanks to TomG and all others that work on 2.2!

Guys. please test this method to fix market:

I tried it 3 times, and its working everytime.

Download zip and extract to sd.

Copy the Build.prop to /system

Install MarketEnabler.apk and enable the US market. Go to market and exit.

Go to /system/app/ and install the existing vending.apk. (now the market is on the data partition)

Go to Root Explorer, and delete the System/App/Vending.apk and VendingUpdater.apk

Go to settings, applications, search for the "Market" and clear cache, clear data.

Delete /data/data/com.android.vending and .com.android.vendingupdater directories.

Restart phone.

Go to settings, applications and uninstall the Market.

Now install Vending_patched_plus_features_froyo_1.82.apk

And start the market. Its work for my 2 pulse. (i type sometimes the *#*#CHECKIN#*#* during the method. I try the checkin without this modifications, and its not work.)

Now, the download not working.... Copy the com.android.vending from /data/app to /system/app and delete the original in /data. Restart phone.

http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/38134521/file.html

Edited by hungary

Guest thesinger
Its not a flashable zip, its a series of images that have to be flashed through fastboot (like with the amonra recovery)

Thanks but is there any guide for this or example how to do it? :P

Guest Epic-Emodude
Thanks but is there any guide for this or example how to do it? :P

Download the attached rar folder along with the thing that TOM G uploaded.

Unzip the rar, then unzip the rom from TOM G into the same folder (there should be 3 images)

Then put your phone into fastboot and then click on froyo install.

When its finnished it will reboot into froyo.

When 0.5 is released you can download it and use the images to replace the previous ones and do it again =)

recovery_clockwork_2.5.0.4_pulse.rar

Guest Totyasrác

Unzip the rar, then unzip the rom from TOM G into the same folder (there should be 3 images)

When 0.5 is released you can download it and use the images to replace the previous ones and do it again =)

Worked. Nice and smooth - however without any app to use up memory in the background (sync, push mail etc.)

But extremely nice to see this workin' on my Pulse - cheers to all (mainly Tom of course) for the tremendous work!

Keep it up guys - heard that 2.1 source is gonna be available VERY soon :P

Edit: Played around with this one now - working nicely! Multitask okay (listening to music while browsing on the net for example without memory issues).

WPA2 secured wifi can be accessed and used smoothly.

Rotation sensor (gyro?) works with browser and gallery (but with gallery the pictures are distorted when is landscape mode :-o)

Calls can be made and received on 3G nicely.

Need to check APN settings to figure out why I don't have data functionality.

That's all so far, pretty damn impressive!!!

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest thesinger

Thanks men i don't have words you are great! :P thanks to all who are working on this project.

Edited by thesinger

Worked. Nice and smooth - however without any app to use up memory in the background (sync, push mail etc.)

Even with Whatsapp messenger, gtalk and gmail sync in the background. stuff like launcher, sms in memory the phone is smooth. Using it now 3 days without clearing the caches or rebooting, still smooth!

Need to check APN settings to figure out why I don't have data functionality.

There is a problem with ril data. A fix is to run 'chmod 6751 /system/bin/netcfg', but on the 0.45 rom that will be a bit harder since it isn't rooted.

I don't want to change the permissions in the rom as it really isn't a good solution to the problem.

I don't have the market app here. Are these inculded with Gapps?

Gapps is proprietary code owned by Google. It cannot be redistributed without Googles permission (and a license fee), so it isn't included in the rom. If you look around you will find it. (hint: look here.)

Edited by Tom G

New is rom up. Froyo-Pulse-0.50

This one is built on the T-Mo UK libraries and kernel (actually FLB-MOD 1.5 since I don't have the T-Mo update).

Its an eng build, so is rooted. Nothing new is fixed, but it has a few new features.

BusyBox included.

Bash included.

I tried to add the Superuser app, but it won't compile. Maybe I can get it working later.

I'm sure there is a few other changes, but I can't remember what.

Gays is there going to be a multitouch or dual touch in the 2.2 version?

The kernel needs to support multitouch before android can. Huawei and all of the networks selling the U8220/U8230 have so far refused to follow the GPL and release the kernel source.

Guest Holograph
The kernel needs to support multitouch before android can. Huawei and all of the networks selling the U8220/U8230 have so far refused to follow the GPL and release the kernel source.

But Huawei said on their forum that they are releasing the sources within a week :P

Guest Cazomino05

This one is built on the T-Mo UK libraries and kernel (actually FLB-MOD 1.5 since I don't have the T-Mo update).

Its an eng build, so is rooted. Nothing new is fixed, but it has a few new features.

BusyBox included.

Bash included.

I tried to add the Superuser app, but it won't compile. Maybe I can get it working later.

Oops! (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Guest thesinger

Thanks for the info. :P

Guest Epic-Emodude

BusyBox included.

Bash included.

I know you said that not all the fixes have been included caus you couldnt find them all in the thread.

Do you know what still doesnt work appart from camera?

Thanx

Aaron

Guest totiadrenalin

Edited by totiadrenalin

The reason for the multitouch isn't the kernel.

Here we are talking about drivers, and firmware.

The touchcontroller's firmware doesn't support multitouch

And second. Even if we flash the firmware to support multitouch-(dualtouch), the drivers won't support it.

Even if u patch them, even overpatch them.

Pulse's touchscreen work only with Synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c, and this drivers are the only singletouch synaptics drivers in the kernel.

So maybe instead of searching a way to patch the drivers, we need to find a way to switch the drivers wit Synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1167.c, or Synaptics_i2c_rmi.c. TM G1 use the Synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm.c drivers.

Just read this line in the non patched drivers from G1

/* int z2 = buf[1+6]; */
/* int w2 = buf[0+6] >> 4; */
/* int finger2 = buf[0+6] & 7; */[/code] And you will get the picture. There isn't any finger2 in the non patched Synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1319.c even Synaptics_i2c_rmi_tm1167.c we have the same lines
[code]/* int z2 = buf[1+6]; */
/* int w2 = buf[0+6] >> 4; */
/* int finger2 = buf[0+6] & 7; */

well almost the same.

So, what I'm trying to tell you?

That the problem isn't in the multitouch kernel.

Not even in the firmware.

But in the drivers.

You can patch broken MT driver to be fixed and working.

But how can you patch non MT, but Singletouch drivers to become a MT drivers?

Can you fix Audi TT to become BMW?

Toti any chance you could move all your discussion about multitouch to the existing multitouch thread please? Really this thread should be left for discussion about the Froyo rom and nothing else.