Systematic cleanup of errors in 2.1Vanilla

Guest gusthy

Guest starkos

Could some upload the alternative sqlite files in a zip archive please? I'm at hospital so downloading a 75mb rom on my phone is a bit of a challenge lol!

Guest Sh4d0w940
we will do our best, but now i dont use wifi.

strange, i got a reboot.

my long rebootless period was when I only updated sqlite3 and used original libsqlite.so.

now i will recheck it. unfortunately it takes time.

How long have you been using the rom?

Because I think you are reaching the ~15 hour limit, after that time the fc's and reboots will increase.

Strangely this happened to alot of people using the rom.

Guest gusthy
How long have you been using the rom?

Because I think you are reaching the ~15 hour limit, after that time the fc's and reboots will increase.

Strangely this happened to alot of people using the rom.

this is not the case.

I used it for around 12 hours, stable.

then i reflashed, made some changes, wipe everything, made lotts of reboots and flashes and wipes changes and so, and now an hour ago after clean flash and wipe pushed both sqlite3 and libsqlite.so.

and now rebooted.

Guest gusthy
Could some upload the alternative sqlite files in a zip archive please? I'm at hospital so downloading a 75mb rom on my phone is a bit of a challenge lol!

now i am walkin on the street, simeone else?

start w sqlite3 first:)

thx, looks interesting!!

otherwise did the patches work?

I think they work, the market seems responsive.

I don't really know how to check, I have only just wiped & reinstalled the rom again so I can't really see if the random reboots are still going for another like 12hours.

The only error that occurs when the phone is idle (just sitting charging plugged into usb) is:

ERROR/QC-DSS-LIB(1086): unrecognized ifindex 6

The Wifi error is intresting as the wifi seems to work fine!

Guest Simon O
I think they work, the market seems responsive.

I don't really know how to check, I have only just wiped & reinstalled the rom again so I can't really see if the random reboots are still going for another like 12hours.

The only error that occurs when the phone is idle (just sitting charging plugged into usb) is:

ERROR/QC-DSS-LIB(1086): unrecognized ifindex 6

The Wifi error is intresting as the wifi seems to work fine!

I've been looking into the Wifi files in the rom and I can see a lot of configuration files for each locale that t-mobile operate in. I wonder if it's something to do with that?

I can't do any hardware testing until I get my pulse.

Guest starkos
now i am walkin on the street, simeone else?

start w sqlite3 first:)

No worries, cheers anyway

I've attached the files I used.

Nice one mate, appreciate it

Edited by starkos

Guest Sh4d0w940
I've been looking into the Wifi files in the rom and I can see a lot of configuration files for each locale that t-mobile operate in. I wonder if it's something to do with that?

I can't do any hardware testing until I get my pulse.

You can change ro.product.brand=T-Mobile to ro.product.brand=hw, the rom will then load the files in system\cust\hw instead of all different locales from T-Mobile.

Guest gusthy
You can change ro.product.brand=T-Mobile to ro.product.brand=hw, the rom will then load the files in system\cust\hw instead of all different locales from T-Mobile.

we may change it in the upcoming build, but someone should test it before

Guest Sh4d0w940
we may change it in the upcoming build, but someone should test it before

I will, but I'm just saying as it is a simple fix and you don't have to change all the locale files with this method.

Sh4d0w940

Guest gusthy
I will, but I'm just saying as it is a simple fix and you don't have to change all the locale files with this method.

Sh4d0w940

fiine.

hmm. It runs now with G1 sqlite3 and pulse libsqlite.so and seems to be rock stable again.

next steps: fix crashing gtalk service and crashing media server.

Guest Sh4d0w940

Has anyone tried using logcat while the phone is supposed to vibrate? i.e. when you set it to vibrate only and you get an incoming call?

If so, are there any errors related to the vibration showing up?

Sh4d0w940

Guest Spooke

Would it be possible for someone to upload the Rom with the fixes applied, gusthy?? I dont really have a clue how to do it myself

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Keep up the work

Edited by Spooke

Guest Simon O
fiine.

hmm. It runs now with G1 sqlite3 and pulse libsqlite.so and seems to be rock stable again.

next steps: fix crashing gtalk service and crashing media server.

gtalkservice.apk is larger in the G1 2.1 roms I downloaded (Eclair 2.1 v1.5, and OpenEclair v1.3.0.1). Maybe try replacing it?

What's the importance of the .odex files in the rom folders? If we are replacing files, do these need to be re-generated somehow?

And why do G1 2.1 roms have most applications installed in Data rather than System?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Sh4d0w940
Would it be possible for someone to upload the Rom with the fixes applied, gusthy?? I dont really have a clue how to do it myself

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Keep up the work

I'm currently applying these fixes in my rom, i hope gusthy doesn't mind :D

gtalkservice.apk is larger in the G1 2.1 roms I downloaded (Eclair 2.1 v1.5, and OpenEclair v1.3.0.1). Maybe try replacing it?

What's the importance of the .odex files in the rom folders? If we are replacing files, do these need to be re-generated somehow?

The gtalkservice doesn't give problems so there is no need to replace it.

The odex files are not necessary and if they are not in the rom the phone will generate them in data folder at first boot.

*Edit*

And why do G1 2.1 roms have most applications installed in Data rather than System?

I think that's just because the system partition doesn't have enough space, in our rom Paul did the same with system\lib.

With this update the partitions changed, Bobo has all folders in correct location but different partitions because he used the updata.app.

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest Simon O
I'm currently applying these fixes in my rom, i hope gusthy doesn't mind :rolleyes:

The odex files are not necessary and if they are not in the rom the phone will generate them in data folder at first boot.

Sh4d0w940

Ok. I'm just worried that if we are replacing files, the odex files won't match and cause problems.

Guest Spooke
I'm currently applying these fixes in my rom, i hope gusthy doesn't mind :rolleyes:

Sh4d0w940

Cool, will it be up soon? I cant wait to try it out :D

Ty

Guest Sh4d0w940
Ok. I'm just worried that if we are replacing files, the odex files won't match and cause problems.

That's true, you should delete them if you replace files. I meant to say that the odex files aren't necessary so you can delete them safely.

Cool, will it be up soon? I cant wait to try it out :D

Ty

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...la-based-on-r6/

Keep up the error reporting :rolleyes:

Sh4d0w940

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest Sh4d0w940
Downloading now, looking forward to testing it for you :rolleyes:, Im guessing its just a Wipe Data, flash update.zip and it should work?

Yes, just wipe the other options from recovery also.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Spooke
Yes, just wipe the other options from recovery also.

Sh4d0w940

Ok, my phone doesnt let me do Dalvik cache, says I need to do it through ADB? Although I used the offical 2.1 with it no problem

Guest Sh4d0w940
Ok, my phone doesnt let me do Dalvik cache, says I need to do it through ADB? Although I used the offical 2.1 with it no problem

Connecting the phone with usb seems to solve the problem most of the time.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Spooke
Connecting the phone with usb seems to solve the problem most of the time.

Sh4d0w940

Will try that :rolleyes:, copying Rom onto my SD card now, will flash and tell u what happens

Guest starkos

Installed the sqlite files a few hours ago & unfortunately can't say I've noticed any changes in performance as had been mentioned in this thread what so ever. It seems that they're both version 3.5.9 so I don't why there would be? How is the sqlite files obtained in the first place, are they compiled in someway that could differ from user to user?