Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest Simon O
not true, I had the vibration fix and this installed without any problems. Maybe you copied something at the wrong location, repeat the steps. Cheers!

Update to 2.1 works. I originally used the Swedish vibration fix rom, not the Chinese one.

Guest Stevos

Can anyone (uk) who has done this upgrade confirm if it is possible to recover to 1.5 or MCR?

I'm wondering if installing this will interfere with an official tmob UK 2.1 release if/when it happens.

Guest Blake Loring

Recovery works. New fastboot lists partitions and sizes. A note, to access the system partition without root to edit stuff you can mount it from a recovery shell using the commands

mkdir /sysdir

mount /dev/block/mtdblock1 /sysdir

cd /sysdir

EDIT: By recovery shell I mean Amon Ra recovery

Edited by Blake Loring

Guest igor_anta
Recovery works. New fastboot lists partitions and sizes. A note, to access the system partition without root to edit stuff you can mount it from a recovery shell using the commands

mkdir /sysdir

mount /dev/block/mtdblock1 /sysdir

cd /sysdir

EDIT: By recovery shell I mean Amon Ra recovery

So AmonRa Recovery works with this? I didn't try it out yet. Cause superboot obviously doesn't. Cheers!

Guest Blake Loring
So AmonRa Recovery works with this? I didn't try it out yet. Cause superboot obviously doesn't. Cheers!

Yeah, AmonRa Recovery flashes the recovery partition. superboot overwrites the boot partition with android 1.5s archaic .27 kernel which... crashes 2.1.

Guest Simon O

Yes, AmonRa recovery works. Superboot does NOT work.

Guest kamikase

stupid question but will there be 2 MCR's?

cause all the people installing the official rom right now have a changed partition table and they can't use a MCR version like the Paul/Bobo r6 or any previous Rom cause it can't be restored. i know now that 2.1 is finally released who cares about 1.5 but there can't be any change after that or am i thinking wrong

kase

ps: bobo this would be good news for you - this update is installable on your "brick" is it not :(

Guest marcox1987

I'm sorry, but I can not install. someone who really has to help me!

i the Lama, I am not a programmer

Edited by marcox1987

Guest GDanii
does anyone else notice that the unlock slider and mute slider appear on topp of each other when you reboot the phone

Yeah :( Funny bug... :(

Guest goce.nakov

There is nothing to programe mate....just download...unzip...put "dload" folder on your SD card...power off the phone.....push volume up+red button and then type power button...there you go

Guest marcox1987

update failed!!!!

panic! panic!

There is nothing to programe mate....just download...unzip...put "dload" folder on your SD card...power off the phone.....push volume up+red button and then type power button...there you go

Guest DarrellK

All working fine on UK Pulse (previously running Modaco 1.7 Vanilla). But there is no voice search/navigation - is this something that can be added into the forthcoming MCR? (I notice it was added in v4 of the ROM based on the leaked beta).

Guest goce.nakov
update failed!!!!

panic! panic!

Are you putting the DLOAD folder on your SD card....not just the UPDATA file.......UPDATA file need to be in DLOAD folder

Guest marcox1987
Are you putting the DLOAD folder on your SD card....not just the UPDATA file.......UPDATA file need to be in DLOAD folder

yes yes i do!

this problem anno a fixed vibration..... and now update official rom is not working, no update

Guest David Roper

"I would just like to say that I think its a shame that engadget contains no coverage of the t-mobile pulse. Thats to a community effort a 2.1 android rom has been put onto the pulse (mainly thanks to Paul And BigBear at android.modaco.com). T-mobile hungary has just released an official rom for this device and i think it would be nice if you could

a) Identify Paul and BigBear's achievments

:o Cover the t-mobile pulse story

It seems that only more high profile android devices get coverage. I love engadget for the less heard about gadgets and development projects that appear on the site everyday, and i feel the t-mobile pulse deserves a place amongst them.

Thanks for your time,

David"

just sent that off to engadget :( hopefully bigbear and paul will get some applause, and the story will get covered :o

i know there are countless misstakes in the email- but hey, i'm revising for exams, time is short :(

Edited by David Roper

Guest ozren
yes yes i do!

this problem anno a fixed vibration..... and now update official rom is not working, no update

You probably used chinese update and not the one from sweden!

Guest tido

Ha jól látom magyar vagy. Ott van a T-mobil oldalon a leírás, teljesen jól le van írva, mit, hogyan csinálj... Hajrá!

Guest sunnnny

well, after some playing around:

The shortcut problem can be solved by installing the 2nd Customisation UPDATA.APP

No problems so far... installed some apps, also WeatherClock from U8230 ROM, it's a nice touching for the desktop.

anyone knows how to *create* a news yaffs filesystem I could flash?

It's easy to unyaffs the u8230 system.img and remove some Stuff to make it smaller, but how to put it back into a yaffs image of this version? On my ubuntu I cannot loop-mount the image....