Android 2.1 for Pulse - from T-Mobile Hungary

Guest jegkrem

Guest dabelie
Re- Download the update. Maybe there was a corrupt download, maybe you mistakingly used the old link (the Mini rom). Don't give up:D

Cheers!

Thanks for the support,I won't give up! And apparently I am not the only one having issues in updating to 2.1 official so I am sure this will be solved!

:(

Re downloading at the moment...

Guest mr.a

since the installation of superboot screwed my phone up,

i reinstalled this rom 3 times. but everytime i finish setting my gmail account up,

the wizard force closes. is ts normal or is it just me??

also the unlock and mute slider are on top of each other after every reboot

can somebody please help....

also every time i restart it says "preparing sd card " in notifications bar. is this normal as well or not.

PLEASE ANSWER....... i think i f****d my phone up by using superboot

Guest DarkBytePH

I have a big problem guys.

I had MCR 1.7 with App2SD installed. Other people flashed straight from this version, so i thought i will do it also.

I've copied the update to the SD and the used the key combination to start flashing. I saw "Preparing for update..." for a sort time, then phone switched off. I've powered it back on, MCR 1.7 started to boot.. but for now the touch screen isn't working anymore. :(

I still have the AmonRA, and i can access it. I've reformatted the SD card and placed the new Eclair ROM on it, tried to flash with the key combination, but still nothing. I've tried to reapply the december update, but i get "update failed" with flashing LEDs :(

What can i do? Am i locked out myself from the phone? :o

I get this when i try to reapply december update:

**** SD download log ****

Failure: OEMSBL version unmatched.

Failure: operation did not succeed.  

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

So i guess something changed, but Eclair update can't succeed somehow :o

Hmm, i have my old december update nandroid somewhere, maybe it could help so the eclair update could finish.

Edited by DarkBytePH

Guest Jan M
since the installation of superboot screwed my phone up,

i reinstalled this rom 3 times. but everytime i finish setting my gmail account up,

the wizard force closes. is ts normal or is it just me??

did you try skipping the initial wizard and setting it up later?

also the unlock and mute slider are on top of each other after every reboot

known bug.

also every time i restart it says "preparing sd card " in notifications bar. is this normal as well or not.

don't restart :( it's normal if the message goes away after 10-20 seconds...otherwise your card could be faulty

i think i f****d my phone up by using superboot

I doubt it.

Guest Epic-Emodude
have a little, patience :(

its working now after all

Hi,

Ive been at school all day so i havent been able to follow this. If I install the hungarian update will it be in hungarian or in english. Also is there a way to install it or do i just follow the directions on the Hungarian T-mobile website

Thanx

Aaron

Guest bindi

Let me get this right...Currently I have MCR 1.7 with Apps2SD. For upgrading to this Hungarian ROM, I would first need to format my SD card as well? What about Wiping? Then copy dload folder to formatted SD card and update either from Settings SD card and storage and update or through Vol up and Red button with Power? Is there any difference between these?

What about storage and other apps? As currently it is not rooted, Titanium backup won't work?

Thanks

Guest darkdevil1

Very nice, but I'll wait for a MCR so it's rooted and A2SD will work :(

Edit: And Vanilla :(

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest dodge-167
Im installing it right now..... :(

Update failed..... -.- Any help?

Before i used 2.1 Vanilla r8.... DO i need to go back to 1.5 first?

Guest Alsajosora

OK,

For all u UK pulse users.

1) Upgraded from MDC1.7 rom

2) This rom IS english language by default.

3) DID need to flash the customised_HU to sort out my icons on the bottom of the screen.

This is on an unlocked pulse using an O2 simplicity sim.

Reloaded all my apps from the market and set everything up ok. NO FC's or reboots so far, I have made loads of calls with no issues.

Wifi works,

Bluetooth works,

Satnav works.

Web on 3g is fine.

Me happy bunny!!! ;O)

post-694550-1275079815_thumb.jpg

post-694550-1275079626_thumb.jpg

post-694550-1275079655_thumb.jpg

Using starfield LIVE wallpaper.

post-694550-1275079599_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alsajosora

Guest DarkBytePH

Okay, i have solved the problem.

Restored to december nandroid (i guess this was not required), then from the menu i could start the update. Lucky that i can access the Settings from only the hardware buttons.

Guest de_shepherd
Yes, English is included as well into this T-Mobile Hungary 2.1 ROM.

( It was discussed several times before :( )

When the "new" tmobile firmware arrived at the huawei site earlier this week I downloaded it and qickly saw it was still 1.5, but I had a read of the accompanying documents. From one of them it was clear that all the 8220 firmwares were basically the same - there were a small number of different coutnry versions but the only difference in those were extra bundled software (e.g. I think the UK version as the CoPilot trial version), or country specific emergency number support. I'd assume its the same with this ... i.e. the version in Hungrary has the same underlying version as would be used anywhere else with potentially a small number of minor customizations layers on top of this.

Guest holybear
Nederlands

Whoa.

And only 4 days after I got my Pulse.

I'm going to wait for a few more comments on it, but this would be very sweet indeed.

Guest jackwooly

Installed 2.1 and can't now boot the pulse properly. It gets to the t-mobile or android screen then keeps rebooting. Only made it to the initial setup twice. Any help?

Guest mr.a
Whoa.

And only 4 days after I got my Pulse.

I'm going to wait for a few more comments on it, but this would be very sweet indeed.

Het klopt inderdaad. Deze Rom geeft je de optie om de systeem-taal naar Nederlands te veranderen. Het werkt heel goed :(

Guest YusufP

Hmm, awesome, just updated now.

Everything seems perfect, not having any of the few known bugs and I didn't even have to install the second update.

Just to confirm, everything is sorted for Pulse UK users, the rom is in English and the data settings are applied correctly (Not sure if that's standard any ways)

The Pulse seems to run alot smoother on the 2.1 update as opposed to the 1.5 Rom, however, if running live wallpapers, I did notice a slight drop in performance, but I think that's to be expected.

Few bugs that have been fixed since 1.5:

1. The speaker always on issue has definitely been resolved for me, hopefully, this may enable a longer battery life. :(

2. Another thing, although this may be subjective, is the increase of photo quality, still not awesome, but I feel it is alot better.

Guest holybear
Het klopt inderdaad. Deze Rom geeft je de optie om de systeem-taal naar Nederlands te veranderen. Het werkt heel goed :(

Geweldig; je koopt een telefoon met de gedachte: ach geinig en goedkoop, al zal er nooit een update voor zijn, en dan gebeurt dit! Bedankt voor de terugkoppeling, trouwens.

translation: Wonderful; you buy a phone thinking: oh well it's fun and cheap, even though it'll never be updated, an then this happens! Thanks for the feedback, by the way.

Guest prci
OK,

For all u UK pulse users.

1) Upgraded from MDC1.7 rom

2) This rom IS english language by default.

3) DID need to flash the customised_HU to sort out my icons on the bottom of the screen.

This is on an unlocked pulse using an O2 simplicity sim.

Reloaded all my apps from the market and set everything up ok. NO FC's or reboots so far, I have made loads of calls with no issues.

Wifi works,

Bluetooth works,

Satnav works.

Web on 3g is fine.

Me happy bunny!!! ;O)

post-694550-1275079815_thumb.jpg

post-694550-1275079626_thumb.jpg

post-694550-1275079655_thumb.jpg

Using starfield LIVE wallpaper.

Newbish question which buggs me :(

What is this clock+calendar which is on your home screen?

Guest Lord_Shaithis
Newbish question which buggs me :(

What is this clock+calendar which is on your home screen?

Looks like beautiful widgets.....cheap to buy from the market and well worth it.