MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Docmjldds
Awesome Paul.. :(

Question.. Any suffering from fast battery drain? I mean like 10% in under 30 min at times.. :(

On standby I am losing approx 1%/hr. Was a little more with stock kernel. I am running Raven's last Froyo specific kernel which is undervolted, but no overclock. CFS 925mv.

2.6.34_AVS-925mV_CFS_20100523_1351.zip

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=653598

Guest mamoulian

Yup same problem for me, the A2SD+ build kept looping round the boot animation.

This was after doing all the wipes I could find - main, dalvik-cache and sd:ext.

I do have the partitions set up correctly, previously they've worked fine with CM 5.

Baked one without A2SD and it's fine!

Thanks Paul! :-)

Guest pjcforpres2020
Yes to A2SD. I am unclear by your post what my fix would be. You first state I have to have ext2/3/4 on my SD. I have AMon recovery 1.7 and I used that to partition my SD card prior to installing kangorama 7 final, on the XDA Developers site. I upgraded from Ext2 to ext4 using the app on the recovery. So, what is the fix as it is right now. My Nandroid backup of Pauls initial 24 May Froyo release installed without a hitch. I can see a slew of other users here reporting the same issues, so your point you are making needs to be addressed in a readme, prior to installing this. I read the readme stuff, and didn't see anything regarding the A2SD. I did see a post over on XDA about forcing all apps on Froyo to install to the sd card. I used a2sd and not the a2sd+ only because I hade partitioned with the older method initially, prior to installing the Kang with CM 5.7.0.1 update. Hope I made this clear on where I am now. And specifically, not sure from your post what my fix would be.

It sounds like the A2SD itself is broken... but what I was saying is exactly what I said. If you use the community made A2SD, you have to have an ext2/3/4 partition on your SD card, and when coming from another ROM series you have to wipe your ext2/3/4 partition. IIRC, Nandroid backs up your ext partitions as well, not 100% on that though since I don't use Nandroid a whole lot (my only nandroid on my SD card is from ere27)... anyways, I was as clear as I could be, while not the root of the problem this time, 99% of the time people have a boot loop on an A2SD ROM it is because they don't have their ext partitions, or didn't wipe their ext partitions.

Guest mamoulian

@pjcforpres2020

Nope my sd partitioning is fine, used it on cm. Definitely wiped the sd: ext before flashing this one.

Guest joninatl

The cache partition is where OTA updates are downloaded to. Since rooted phones don't get OTAs, it's fine to use it.

-only system dalvik is moved to cache. would it be a problem if i moved data dalvik too??

-the included busybox is writing out ls improperly, maybe because of the color coding. can it be fixed?

-build.prop needs the following added:

Edit:

i have moved all dalvik (data,system,mnt) to /cache no problem thus far.

this filled ~45% of my /cache partition. will it cause no problems? i don't really know what is stored in /cache....

Guest hks18psigst

ok.. so i have some minor metamorph's that worked on Paul's and Cyanogen's other Froyo builds now my Metamorh is saying "this phone doesn't have root, can't find SU file." but i can use rooted apps and i can type SU in terminal and get # sign... SOOO confused. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks hks!

Guest rgbc
ok.. so i have some minor metamorph's that worked on Paul's and Cyanogen's other Froyo builds now my Metamorh is saying "this phone doesn't have root, can't find SU file." but i can use rooted apps and i can type SU in terminal and get # sign... SOOO confused. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks hks!

Did you install the froyo version in this thread or the original posted here http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...online-kitchen/

With the original rom I got the same error as you with metamorph, fixed it by flashing Cyanogen's quick rooter http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686627

I did a clean install of Paul's r16 rom and metamorph is working fine.

Guest hks18psigst
Did you install the froyo version in this thread or the original posted here http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...online-kitchen/

With the original rom I got the same error as you with metamorph, fixed it by flashing Cyanogen's quick rooter http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=686627

I did a clean install of Paul's r16 rom and metamorph is working fine.

I currently have r16 and metamorph is not working for me. and quick rooter puts r16 into a bootloop and i did a full wipe coming to r16 but maybe i'll try to wipe again :(

Guest Docmjldds
It sounds like the A2SD itself is broken... but what I was saying is exactly what I said. If you use the community made A2SD, you have to have an ext2/3/4 partition on your SD card, and when coming from another ROM series you have to wipe your ext2/3/4 partition. IIRC, Nandroid backs up your ext partitions as well, not 100% on that though since I don't use Nandroid a whole lot (my only nandroid on my SD card is from ere27)... anyways, I was as clear as I could be, while not the root of the problem this time, 99% of the time people have a boot loop on an A2SD ROM it is because they don't have their ext partitions, or didn't wipe their ext partitions.

What I was saying is that I had APS2SD installed from a prior Kitchen ROM.I had previously installed Paul's First Froyo, but no APS2SD at that time. Prior to installing this version of Froyo, I had installed Kangorama from XDA site which is basically based on CM 5.0.7.1 I had used AmonRecovery 1.7 to create a Fat32 as well as upgrading to EXT4. I did use the option of APS2SD in the kitchen build of this ROM, but that seems to be the issue, since building another kitchen without APS2SD or AP2SD+ works. I never changed my partition scheming. I wiped everything prior to installing, including wipe:ext. So, that said, I believe I still had Partitions setup and all was wiped. Others here seem to have the same issues. IOW Froyo doesn't appear to play nice for whatever reason with app2sd. But I also posted a thread reference on XDA using commandline to simply force installs to SD card. I guess I should basically copy my SD card, then reformat to all FAT32. Then rewipe for safety, everything. Install, and then use commandline to install apps to card using references to that XDA thread. BTW...Nandroid does offer backing up as is, or backing up with EXT included. I hope I have this correct, since it's a lot of work to basically start over, but would rather have this setup right to begin with. I would think I am wasting space...approx1.4GB I used for ext4 (16GB card) if I stay with Froyo which isn't using that ext partition.

OK...Just was browsing around and saw this basic article which really gives a good writeup on this subject. And yes, this article agrees that with the new apps2d method with Froyo, just having a single Fat32 is the way to go.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/05/22/froyo-f...nexus-one-user/

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest stepinmyworld

wiped from froyo (Paul's version), flashed new froyo rom with the radio via the kitchen and both times i tried, I don't move any further than the nexus one initial boot animation. Can someone let me know what I can do? Until then, imma run a different rom. Thanks so much yall

Edited by stepinmyworld

Guest eyespunker
wiped from froyo (Paul's version), flashed new froyo rom with the radio via the kitchen and both times i tried, I don't move any further than the nexus one initial boot animation. Can someone let me know what I can do? Until then, imma run a different rom. Thanks so much yall

Try it with no apps2sd and double wipe:)

Guest stevenz
is this only for premium members?

Your eyes. Use them.

From post #2 above:

The online kitchen is currently only available to my MoDaCo premium members (those who have signed up to MoDaCo Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus) as it is not yet running on an infrastructure that can support a huge number of users. This will be the case for the foreseeable future as the kitchen system is developed.
Edited by stevenz

Guest Docmjldds
I can confirm that i am also missing Google Voice, not a complaint though as i don't use it.

On another note, i would love to see Trackball Wake on this, i am suffering from sticky power button syndrome!

For those missing Google Voice (I wasn't BTW), it is a market app.

Guest Docmjldds

Do NOT install any version of apps2sd. Recook and reflash and it will work.

Guest Deathwish238

Flashed w/o Apps2SD to be safe from FRF50 w/o wiping. Don't have time to mess with things right now. Feels a bit snappier so far.

I'm looking for the Dropbear SSH password. It's supposed to be under Settings -> About phone but I'm not seeing it? What does this password look like and/or what is the field called?

Yup running it here.

lol guess my ninja edit wasn't fast enough!

Edited by Deathwish238

Guest Deathwish238

lol so that's why it said Reboot Required...

Edit: Are sigs not working?

Edited by Deathwish238

flashed this rom, and it doesn't work. remain stuck up on nexus logo. wiped again, but useless. I always got stuck on nexus boot logo. need some help.

Edited by Guest

flashed this rom, and it doesn't work. remain stuck up on nexus logo. wiped again, but useless. I always got stuck on nexus boot logo. need some help.

problem solved.... wipe again, format SD card only FAT32, flashed rom....and finaly working . Thanks Paul! Great work, the rom runs amazing !