MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Co.Ag.05
If you have a custom recovery (and I don't know an easy way to install MCR without one), the original OTA update will fail when you try to apply it.

The above is actually the key here. If you go ahead and try to apply the update to MCR r21 with a custom recovery, the update will fail and not bother you again. At least that worked for me.

HTH,

lcg

I tried the update when I posted the above question (knowing it wouldn't install since it is a custom ROM) and you are right, so far, no update notifications. hope it lasts. Thanks!

Guest Big-A-Rob

I am having an issue with the wifi hotspot functionality. I worked fine on stock 2.2 and CM 6.0, but is not working on the Desire port. When I try to turn it on, it attempts it and then gets an error. Looking at the log I am getting these errors:

SoftapController-->Softap set - failed: -1

WifiService-->Exception in startAccessPoint()

dnsmasq-->failed to load names from /etc/hosts: No such file or directory

When I go to the /etc/hosts file it exists but it is empty. Can anyone help me with resolving this issue? What is supposed to be in this file? I could post the full log if needed.

Thanks,

Austin

Guest Big-A-Rob
I am having an issue with the wifi hotspot functionality. I worked fine on stock 2.2 and CM 6.0, but is not working on the Desire port. When I try to turn it on, it attempts it and then gets an error. Looking at the log I am getting these errors:

SoftapController-->Softap set - failed: -1

WifiService-->Exception in startAccessPoint()

dnsmasq-->failed to load names from /etc/hosts: No such file or directory

When I go to the /etc/hosts file it exists but it is empty. Can anyone help me with resolving this issue? What is supposed to be in this file? I could post the full log if needed.

Thanks,

Austin

So I looked in the Hosts file that was included in the Desire ROM and it contained "127.0.0.1 localhost". So I added this to the file and now I just get the first 2 errors above. Does anyone know what the "Exception in startAccessPoint()" could be or where I should look for this?

I, too, thought the update notification would go away if I went ahead and let it fail, but that is not happening. I get repeated notices about a 2-part system update that will be necessary for an upcoming android update. Hmmmmm. Has anyone figure out what this is about and how to make it stop?

Guest ofiaich

Hi everyone!

I feel that I followed the steps carefully!

but my Nexus One is stuck and shows the colourful animation.

Not sure what to do and have been reading back through this thread!

Any advice much appreciated..

second attempt ---

I am trying to install a new rom again... installed from the zip file, and now have the screen with formatting cache:...

and the green menu above... so not sure whethther to choose the menu item - Reboot system now... or just wait...

waited for 10 minutes with no new activity.. so tried Reboot system now...

report back soon..

success this time! I can see in system settings, Android 2.2 and in Build nunber - Modaco Custom Rom etc...!

Now to set up the screens as I like them!

Ofiaich

Edited by ofiaich