2.1 for U8230

Guest angryland

Guest Richard_Arkless
How to do that?

um move lib to the data folder and name is system-lib then go into meta-inf/com/google/android and open update-script in a text editor and add

symlink /data/system-lib SYSTEM:lib

I got this from pauls previous 2.1 rom, dunno if theres more to it than that

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest SoundSurfer
Does the switzerland ROM work on other u8230 phones? For example on the TMN A1?

Deve dar, mas deve ser melhor esperar que a Huawei lance a ROM para o A1... não deve faltar muito. Pelo menos agora há a certeza que vai haver upgrade.

Guest Tom G
um move lib to the data folder and name is system-lib then go into meta-inf/com/google/android and open update-script in a text editor and add

symlink /data/system-lib SYSTEM:lib

I got this from pauls previous 2.1 rom, dunno if theres more to it than that

Moving lib isn't enough. I initially moved lib and media, but then ran out of space on /data at first boot (its generates a heap of stuff for things like dalvik-cache).

Move lib to /data

Delete /data/cdrom/autorun.iso

Delete apps from /system/app until you get system down under 85MB. I deleted things like roadsync that I knew I wouldn't want.

My rom is currently uploading. ETA is 15 minutes so I will wait for it to finish and post the link.

Upload complete

Link

So I uploaded it to rapidshare, and it looks like it can only be downloaded 10 times. If there is any interest I will upload a mirror somewhere else tomorrow or someone else can mirror it.

It is partition images, not an update.zip, so install it with fastboot

fastboot flash boot boot.img

fastboot flash system system.img

fastboot flash userdata data.img

It has the changes mention above plus rooted, additional default apns, busybox.

Edited by Tom G

Guest arlindo.costa
Deve dar, mas deve ser melhor esperar que a Huawei lance a ROM para o A1... não deve faltar muito. Pelo menos agora há a certeza que vai haver upgrade.

Não é altura para inventar! :( :( :o

Guest joanorsky
Não é altura para inventar! :( :( :o

Well.. i am flashing it (TMN A1)! My heart already stopped 3 times... as it seemed to have been on loop.. wait just a few more minutes and i'll give some feedback 2 you guys..

Guest arlindo.costa
Well.. i am flashing it (TMN A1)! My heart already stopped 3 times... as it seemed to have been on loop.. wait just a few more minutes and i'll give some feedback 2 you guys..

:( :( Good Luck!

Guest joanorsky

Holly... crepe!!! (no.. it's not a typo!! :( )

It seems to be working! It even has Portuguese.. (I'll test it now further more)

Well... keypad vibrates..

Sound is ok!

Camera Works!

Wifi Works...

I haven't tested in calls yet as i have no network inside the building. I'll test it in a while..

..oh.. and Market works also!

Guest UrbanRider
Holly... crepe!!! (no.. it's not a typo!! :( )

It seems to be working! It even has Portuguese.. (I'll test it now further more)

Well... keypad vibrates..

Sound is ok!

Camera Works!

Wifi Works...

I haven't tested in calls yet as i have no network inside the building. I'll test it in a while..

..oh.. and Market works also!

Nice :(

It works out of the box without patches?

Guest joanorsky
Nice :(

It works out of the box without patches?

Well i can't promise you that.. cause i've patched my 1.5 version earlier with root access from Hectic. But.. i think so. I don't see why not. But.. i'm no expert on Android platform.. (pure old Nokia flashing is my deal.. on this.. well.. this is completely a new world to me also)

Of course the phone will be rebranded to Red Bull Mobile... i personally.. kinda like it! :(

And as usual on all stock roms.. there is a lot of "trash" (to say the least) that most power users such as us don't need/want.. so.. think twice before upgrading (also.. warranty will be void.. for whatever that means anyway.. eheh)

Also note that this is a heavier Operating System.. not as 2.2 which as been optimized well.

Guest arlindo.costa
Well i can't promise you that.. cause i've patched my 1.5 version earlier with root access from Hectic. But.. i think so. I don't see why not. But.. i'm no expert on Android platform.. (pure old Nokia flashing is my deal.. on this.. well.. this is completely a new world to me also)

Of course the phone will be rebranded to Red Bull Mobile... i personally.. kinda like it! :(

And as usual on all stock roms.. there is a lot of "trash" (to say the least) that most power users such as us don't need/want.. so.. think twice before upgrading (also.. warranty will be void.. for whatever that means anyway.. eheh)

Also note that this is a heavier Operating System.. not as 2.2 which as been optimized well.

Do you find it a lot slower?

Guest UrbanRider

I also have root on 1.5 branded by TMN (Sapo/TMN apps were all gone :()

If i install this 2.1 rom will I keep the root?

Guest Tspike

Yeah it works out of the box on the A1 :(, but I don't seem to have Portuguese as an option.

Did anything special to get it joanorsky?

Guest tempero
I also have root on 1.5 branded by TMN (Sapo/TMN apps were all gone :()

If i install this 2.1 rom will I keep the root?

How do you deleted the Sapo/TMN apps?

Guest UrbanRider
How do you deleted the Sapo/TMN apps?

install adb drivers

connect the usb cable

enter Command line in windows (CMD)

type: adb remount

type: adb shell

(now the now line starts with #)

type rm -r /system/app/pt.sapo.mobile.android.dezoitovinte-1.0.1.apk

(do that for all apps)

then type: reboot

Done :(

Guest joanorsky
install adb drivers

connect the usb cable

(do that for all apps)

Yeah.. i did that as well.. :( Abd shell.. works like a charm.

If you don't know what drivers he is mentioning .. just use the "adb-windows.exe" on AmonRA or SuperBoot (it's the same thing actually)

With that.. just do this :

(on command line prompt)

adb-windows shell

mount -o rw, remount /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system (to obtain writing priveledged)

ls <- listing

cd system <- Enter on "system" directory

cd app <- Enter on "app" directory

ls <- List again

rm -r xxxxxxxxxxxxx.apk <- Remove desired file from list

... well.. is actually the same thing as Urban said.. but.. here goes another perspective.. eheh.

Regarding the languages... well.. i did nothing.. just installed the sucker right in! It worked with Portuguese as well!

I haven't tested it as for network issues yet. Please wait a few more minutes before installing. I will need to go to the postal office now.. but if i get network there i'll connect from there and post the results.

See you all in a while..

(there is no root yet on this rom.. Hetic is working on it now)

Guest tempero
install adb drivers

connect the usb cable

(do that for all apps)

Thx

Now I have more free memory =D

Guest joanorsky

Ok.. i have tested it well now! It seemed a little slow but i just didn't wiped the cache on recovery menu. So .. remember.. after flashing you'll need to wipe it all at recovery menu. :(

Now it works great.. actually fast.

I managed to have about 130MB to 14xMB free on RAM. With correct software like auto-kill you can even make it work smoother..

The flash has almost full support in Portuguese so.. my thumb is up on this one (i say "almost" cause i have not checked it 100% yet).

The only thing i think haven't tested yet is the data support on 3G and 2G connections.. but that is just because i had not inserted the APN's.. so my guess is that is working well as well.

Call's, Vibration, Menus, Smoothness is ok by me.. but that is just my personal opinion.. I like it! And i bet that ROOT is already coming on her way.. :(

A Happy duck here... :o

donald.jpg

Edited by joanorsky

Guest Wotix

Then I'm pressing ''next'' my phone nothing's doing. Could anyone to tell my what should to do? :( Also it's U8230 V100R001C123B819SP01(Switzerland Sunrise) ROM.

post-707247-1275074877_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wotix

Guest xarxiusxiii

Do you think U8220 users will be able to flash this if we have already flashed the Hungary T-Mobile Pulse 2.1 update? Or is the /system partition still too small?

Guest Jan M
Then I'm pressing ''next'' my phone nothing's doing. Could anyone to tell my what should to do? :( Also it's U8230 V100R001C123B819SP01(Switzerland Sunrise) ROM.

touchscreen isn't working? did you install any updates previously?