Pulse 2.1 Lite ROM

Guest flip360
Did it work then? I tried it with linsign I couldnt make any sense of it =( Glad to be of help tho =)

yes it worked just without the first two switches :( i am running my custom ROM now, THANKS!!!

Guest Epic-Emodude
To Confirm

Remove HuaweiSyncClient?

Remove HWDrmApp?

Remove HWTheme_Work?

Remove/replace Music?

Prune system sounds?

Swap out Launcher for something else?

Edit build.prop to fix market issues?

Edit local.prop to fix slow loading of home screen?

Hi,

I have deleted Launcher.apk from this ROM and put in launcherpro. It seemed a bit laggy at first (I had a force close on LatinIME.apk) but now its running fine =)

I will test the deleting of launcherdb.apk and report back

Aaron

Edit: I have not been able to test deleting launcherdb.apk as I seem to have lost the ablility to flash ROMS. (when i click flash it goes to opening update.zip and then returns to the recovery mode screen, anyone got any ideas?)

Edited by Epic-Emodude

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hi,

I have deleted Launcher.apk from this ROM and put in launcherpro. It seemed a bit laggy at first (I had a force close on LatinIME.apk) but now its running fine =)

I will test the deleting of launcherdb.apk and report back

Aaron

Edit: I have not been able to test deleting launcherdb.apk as I seem to have lost the ablility to flash ROMS. (when i click flash it goes to opening update.zip and then returns to the recovery mode screen, anyone got any ideas?)

make sure there is no capital letters and is it signed cause it would be update-signed.zip by default or have you renamed it that

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Epic-Emodude
make sure there is no capital letters and is it signed cause it would be update-signed.zip by default or have you renamed it that

I used the work area thing from this forum which created an update-signed.zip. I copied this to my SD card but now it doesn't work. I have used the same process for the other ROMs that I have. installed today so I don't know what has gone wrong.

Guest Richard_Arkless
I used the work area thing from this forum which created an update-signed.zip. I copied this to my SD card but now it doesn't work. I have used the same process for the other ROMs that I have. installed today so I don't know what has gone wrong.

strange it always works for me, have you tried re-downloading the work area zip file again

Guest Epic-Emodude
strange it always works for me, have you tried re-downloading the work area zip file again

I will try that later. When im using this ROM my wifi keeps dropping out. Anyone else having this problem?

Guest Epic-Emodude

Hi,

Another possible change for v2. Change the gallery to the one I have attached. (It is .rar because that is how i orriginally downloaded it and I am not permited to upload .apks)

It takes up less room as looks much cooler.

Aaron

Gallery_1.1.30682__2_.rar

Hi,

Another possible change for v2. Change the gallery to the one I have attached. (It is .rar because that is how i orriginally downloaded it and I am not permited to upload .apks)

Aaron

Do you know where I could get an APK of it? I don't have access to linux in the short term (and would like to get a new version uploaded today if possible), and don't know how to create apks on Windows.

Guest zerosignull
Hi,

Aaron

screenshots ???

Guest Epic-Emodude
Do you know where I could get an APK of it? I don't have access to linux in the short term (and would like to get a new version uploaded today if possible), and don't know how to create apks on Windows.

Just unrar it in windows (you might need to download winrar)

I will upload screenshots in a minute =)

Just unrar it in windows (you might need to download winrar)

I will upload screenshots in a minute =)

Oh, I see - the apk is inside the rar. Okay, thanks.

Guest Epic-Emodude

Here are the screenshots of the gallery I uploaded:

post-696897-1275651968_thumb.pngpost-696897-1275651978_thumb.png

Aaron

Edit: Not entirely sure why but screenshots taken with phone on side dont work =/

Edit 2: Dave_w, did you see my post that said you can remove launcher.apk and replace it with launcher pro? I have attached Launcher Pro. It needs unzipping and then there will a folder called launcher pro. In there is the .apk

Launcher_Pro.zip

Edited by Epic-Emodude

v2's just gone up - we're now up to 75MB free space on a fresh install, which is 150% of the free space in the original MCR build. There are still a good few apps in the system folder, so for v3 my plan is to do a bit more research on some of the more obscure ones, to see if they can be deleted/swapped out. I'm not convinced I'm going to find much, though, so unless there's anything here that requires fixing I'll probably hold off on v3 until the custom graphics (if any) are done.

Aaron - I was always intending to use Launcher Pro. It's excellent, and smaller than the stock launcher. I pulled the updated .apk from my phone earlier today. Have also switched to your Gallery, so thanks for that.

Guest Epic-Emodude
v2's just gone up - we're now up to 75MB free space on a fresh install, which is 150% of the free space in the original MCR build. There are still a good few apps in the system folder, so for v3 my plan is to do a bit more research on some of the more obscure ones, to see if they can be deleted/swapped out. I'm not convinced I'm going to find much, though, so unless there's anything here that requires fixing I'll probably hold off on v3 until the custom graphics (if any) are done.

Aaron - I was always intending to use Launcher Pro. It's excellent, and smaller than the stock launcher. I pulled the updated .apk from my phone earlier today. Have also switched to your Gallery, so thanks for that.

Thanx, Can I just point out that in the known issues you have said that one of the icons in the launcher points to an app that itsnt there. With the introduction of launcher pro this is no longer an issue =)

Guest Epic-Emodude
Fixed, thanks.

I am going to test deleting HwTheme_work HWDrmAPP and HuaweiSyncClien .apks

Do you know what these do so i can look for anything going wrong?

Thanx

Aaron

Guest Epic-Emodude
Just wondering what peoples comments are on the stability of this ROM

I found v1 to be very fast and stable. I havent been able to flash v2. E: Can't open /sdcard/PulseLite v2.zip (bad) Installation aborted. problem with My device or the ROM?

Aaron

I havent been able to flash v2. E: Can't open /sdcard/PulseLite v2.zip (bad) Installation aborted. problem with My device or the ROM?

I think that's the error message you get if the ROM isn't signed, bizarrely. I have just re-signed it - download again, see if it works?

Guest Epic-Emodude
I think that's the error message you get if the ROM isn't signed, bizarrely. I have just re-signed it - download again, see if it works?

I unziped it and resigned it myself. It seems to be working now. Thanx anyway. I will get back to you about those apks when ive tried them out, although it may not be untill sunday because im out this evening and 2moro.

Aaron

Guest peanut_rvm

hi,

I made my own rom based on your v1, but added youtube and filemanager and the galery 3d (wich are all odexed) and i used ADW launcher, wich is the best launcher for our phone!

i'm making one that's based on your v2 now.. (testing it at as i type ;p)

as for performace....

it is much better then with the original 2.1 :(

edit: tested and workin!

here is a link

http://rapidshare.com/files/395237629/upd2...1-lite.zip.html

Edited by peanut_rvm

Guest Stevos

Just installed v2 to test it out. Installed fine as per instructions with no issues.

Unfortunately after hooking up my market account, installing titanium backup and restoring my data (then rebooting), it's stuck in an almost continual cycle of acore force closes (one about every 10 seconds), and Android keyboard not responding mesages, and the messaging app closes a second after opening it with no error message.

Unfortunately after hooking up my market account, installing titanium backup and restoring my data (then rebooting), it's stuck in an almost continual cycle of acore force closes (one about every 10 seconds), and Android keyboard not responding mesages, and the messaging app closes a second after opening it with no error message.

Yikes! I've been using the ROM all afternoon with plenty of apps installed and no issues, but I deliberately stay away from Titanium because I've always found it to be quite buggy. Not on that scale, though.

My guess is that something that you've restored from your backup is looking for something that's no longer in the system, but I guess it's possible that I'm the odd one out here and everyone else is having the same problems as you? If anyone else is running the ROM (either with our without problems) I'd appreciate any feedback on this.

Guest Stevos

I've reflashed it and it's running fine at the moment, but I haven't tried restoring yet as I need my phone to go out tonight.

I'll test it again when I can to see if it's repeatable.

cheers

Guest Epic-Emodude

Wallpaper problem solved. The deletion of launcher.apk (canvas) means that know when selecting a wallpaper, canvas wallpapers dont show up, but only the ones from launcher pro. This means that the whole HW_images folder can be removed, and most people will probably select a wallpaper from their SD card.