04/Jun - Official HTC 2.1 (3.31.751.1 Chungwa Taiwan) multiple repacks + online kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dan Mullen

I've been looking forward to this as much as anyone, but I don't think I'll be installing MCR4.0 tomorrow... too many people reporting problems and bugs for my liking with this Taiwanese version. I'd rather wait until Paul has an official, stable, English ROM to build on.

Guest dduk
I've been looking forward to this as much as anyone, but I don't think I'll be installing MCR4.0 tomorrow... too many people reporting problems and bugs for my liking with this Taiwanese version. I'd rather wait until Paul has an official, stable, English ROM to build on.

Agreed. I'm been running the new rom since it became availabe on Friday and whilst I was considering going for MCR 4.0 tomorrow too, I'm going to jump back to 3.2 until the UK/EU version has landed.

Guest dduk
What bugs? The only things i've seen so far was a radio problem that seems to be network related.

Ok, my issues aren't bugs I suppose. I just don't like to be running a rom loaded with items relevant only to a Taiwanese market. I'm fastidious like that.

To give the rom credit where it's due, I haven't seen a single crash and I've been playing with it for most of the weekend. I do however notice the occasional lag that it's obvious a new MCR would fix :)

Guest bunt83
What bugs? The only things i've seen so far was a radio problem that seems to be network related.

There are a few issues with this ROM that I think will be fixed once an official UK version comes out i.e.

- SIM contacts show in the dialer, even when they have been unchecked from the 'view contacts' menu

- Taiwanese version of the HTC Widgets only available

- No Live Wallpaper

- No Friendstream

- No 3D gallery

- No way to use contact pictures if the contact is linked to Facebook

Not sure if some of the 'issues' are intentional or not, however, hopefully these issues will be sorted when the official UK ROM is released SOON.

Overall the ROM is awesome, but I'm happy to wait a few more days for the official UK ROM to come out...

Guest knudsen81

I have download chompsms and when i get a mms i get two message one from contact and one what says hidden adresse sender and i get a force close

Guest Andy1984UK
I have download chompsms and when i get a mms i get two message one from contact and one what says hidden adresse sender and i get a force close

Have you removed the settings in 'Messages' and set chompsms as your default? I'm running it without any issues

Guest knudsen81
Have you removed the settings in 'Messages' and set chompsms as your default? I'm running it without any issues

Yes i have

Edit. now it works, i had to untrick the settings for auto recive mms to get no force close in chompsms

Edited by knudsen81

Guest Makkar1

that's my first rom from original 1.5

works fine,even if i had to reflash to have my google account (gmail-market) working fine :)

hope next releases will include Italian,because I tried MoreLocale and CustomLocale,and there's no way to obtain any other language except english :)

Guest kd0t
There are a few issues with this ROM that I think will be fixed once an official UK version comes out i.e.

- SIM contacts show in the dialer, even when they have been unchecked from the 'view contacts' menu

- Taiwanese version of the HTC Widgets only available

- No Live Wallpaper

- No Friendstream

- No 3D gallery

- No way to use contact pictures if the contact is linked to Facebook

Not sure if some of the 'issues' are intentional or not, however, hopefully these issues will be sorted when the official UK ROM is released SOON.

Overall the ROM is awesome, but I'm happy to wait a few more days for the official UK ROM to come out...

I would doubt that live wallpaper / friendstream / 3d gallery will be in an official release if they werent in the ROM at this point I would presume that only work that will be done is localization for example the correct link to the Euro HTC Widgets.

I deleted most of the asian widget. But I don't know the name of one widget so I can't remove that one.

It is a strange ball with stars in it and when you click on it you have one widget style with the letter M (it contains an arrow). I really don't know what it is :)

Guest _Mazza_

Mostly running fine on my T-Mobile G2 Touch. My only issue is no 3G/HSDPA. I've tried the new and old radio, as well as manually entering APN settings and switching from GSM to WCDMA to auto switch and can only get GPRS at most.

Only thing I can think of is I don't have the correct APN settings, but I've tried a few combinations and nothing works :S

Guest Andy1984UK
Mostly running fine on my T-Mobile G2 Touch. My only issue is no 3G/HSDPA. I've tried the new and old radio, as well as manually entering APN settings and switching from GSM to WCDMA to auto switch and can only get GPRS at most.

Only thing I can think of is I don't have the correct APN settings, but I've tried a few combinations and nothing works :S

dduk provided the tmobile settings earlier in the thread. They worked for me and I can get HSDPA

Name: T-Mobile UK

APN: general.t-mobile.uk

Proxy:

Port:

Username: t-mobile

Password: **

Server: *

MMSC: http://mmsc.t-mobile.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy: 149.254.201.135

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 30

APN type:

Guest Colin B

After rooting and loading this new rom will the Market remeber the apps I have purchased ? or will I have to purchase them again ?

Sorry for the newby question

Thanks in advance

After rooting and loading this new rom will the Market remeber the apps I have purchased ? or will I have to purchase them again ?

Sorry for the newby question

Thanks in advance

Any purchases you make are yours to use and redownload, even if you get a completely new phone.

Guest jbrizz

My battery life seems to be fairly poor with this too. And when long pressing a link in the browser quite often there is no option to open in a new window, if I try again it may or may not be available.

Hi,

I installed this new ROM on friday (Paul's Recommended), and here's my "report" (coming from MCR 3.2) :

Pros:

- hey it's 2.1 !!!

- it's fast !!

- GPS fix is much much faster !

cons:

- FC on com.htc.bgp,

- no contact facebook syc,

- battery life s*cks,

- had to manually enter APN,

- partially translated (French).

I'm keeping it for the moment and eagerly waiting for MCR 4.0.

cheers,

Guest paulsmith

"I'll be posting a first cut of MCR 4.0 probably Monday (in kitchen form initially) with de-odex, optimisation, a2sd, cachedalvikcache and a bunch of other bits and bobs. "

Paul,

Please also add SSH daemon like the other MCR if you can.

Guest nickbw
Just to clarify, this update can be flashed by any user and not those who are under Chungwa Telecom Taiwan?

I tried this and though things seemed to go OK, when phone rebooted it came up asking for "sim network unlock code" then after told me to call customer service. Phone seemed to be working in background but could not access screen etc.

Did a nandroid restore and got back to previous state, relief! But what did I do wrong.

Guest mifran
has anyone managed to use bluetooth to transfer a file to another phone i am having difficulties getting it to work any ideas cheers

I asked this question a few posts up and what you do is select the photo music/ringtone ect then press menu and share there is an option to share with bluetooth

mifran

Guest dduk
I tried this and though things seemed to go OK, when phone rebooted it came up asking for "sim network unlock code" then after told me to call customer service. Phone seemed to be working in background but could not access screen etc.

Did a nandroid restore and got back to previous state, relief! But what did I do wrong.

See post #26 on this thread.

Guest milko9000
Any purchases you make are yours to use and redownload, even if you get a completely new phone.

unless they're by Gameloft, apparently!