[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
I've had 3 lockups using the first release since installing it last night (I was having the same issue with R6 Oscillation too, but not on 1.5).

Twice when typing in Twitter (using HTC keyboard & clicker which I then disabled) and once just now when browsing updates in the Facebook app.

All 3 have required a battery-out reset.

Lockups are hard to diagnose as you can't get logs. Only thing you can do is hook your phone up and monitor with ddms until it locks up.

Anyway I'm working on fixing Contacts and learned a good lesson. Never push replacement Contacts files to the phone whilst booted. All hell breaks loose! lol

Guest goce.nakov
Lockups are hard to diagnose as you can't get logs. Only thing you can do is hook your phone up and monitor with ddms until it locks up.

Anyway I'm working on fixing Contacts and learned a good lesson. Never push replacement Contacts files to the phone whilst booted. All hell breaks loose! lol

Just do wipe data/factory reset and all will be fine :),that is in case you are replacing contact and dialer app...yea it is a tricky thing :)

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
Thx. Will give it a try.

Will report later.

Not working. I get an error.

"E:Syntax error in update script"

"Installation aborted"

Update:

Installed the Dutch.apk directly from the .ZIP file by browsing with ASTRO to the APK location.

After a reboot I also have Dutch Dictionary.

Edited by Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Guest Simon O
Not working. I get an error.

"E:Syntax error in update script"

"Installation aborted"

Thanks. I'll look into why that isn't working. But in the meantime you can extract the zip and manually copy the apk files to your phone and install.

Guest Simon O

I've been trying to fix the problem with the Contacts.apk that is causing the force close for some people. I've tried a few different files which don't play nicely with the framework in these roms so my only options are to have a dialler with contacts sorted incorrectly, or using the red bull dialer.

So for the moment I've added the red bull dialer back in. When I have some more time I'll be customizing this to make it look a little better.

Update coming soon.

Guest goce.nakov
I've been trying to fix the problem with the Contacts.apk that is causing the force close for some people. I've tried a few different files which don't play nicely with the framework in these roms so my only options are to have a dialler with contacts sorted incorrectly, or using the red bull dialer.

So for the moment I've added the red bull dialer back in. When I have some more time I'll be customizing this to make it look a little better.

Update coming soon.

AFAIK red bull dialer is the best :)....T9 FTW

Guest Simon O
AFAIK red bull dialer is the best :)....T9 FTW

I do like it myself, but I want to change the look slightly. Too much green!

Guest igor_anta
I do like it myself, but I want to change the look slightly. Too much green!

Well it's not THAT green :) Plus it really looks and works miles better than any other of the inbuilt dialers we have to work with, even better than Dialer One for me (also if you don't include the RBM Dialer you could include Dialer One, it's free after all). Cheers!

Guest Zsolabola

I'm sorry but I've failed to provide you the logs

I've downloaded the latest version of the SDK but I can't see any log

I can see the processes and so but no logs to export

I've red that it's no so important anymore since you know the cause

I'm running on beta2

Cheers, thats awesome :)

BTW I like the RMB dialer

1 vote for that

with or without green :)

Edited by Zsolabola

Guest Zsolabola

I have a quite interesting bug :)

My screen is blank and black and I cannot get any picture on it although if I push the buttons they lit up

I've connected the phone to ddms and I can see the screenshots through it

I'ts weird I was doing nothing while it "locked up"

Actually it is working almost perfect but without the screen

Maybe this is the bug we are looking for ?

Im on beta2 for about an hour ago

The first thing on the screen i saw trough the ddms screen capture was android voice search FC

Guest michlaustn

Would you be able to update the browser and email icons to use the stock 2.1 icons? If not how can I achieve this myself? Also how can I add back the stock 2.1 launcher as found in RBM rom?

Thanks

Guest Franky1927

First of all thanks to flibblesan, for putting so much effort in this ROM, which seems to be really good. :)

I get alot of FC with my r7 though i did a full wipe. Can anyone tell me if this ROM will give me less FC?

Edited by Franky1927

Guest michlaustn
First of all thanks to flibblesan, for putting so much effort in this mod, which seems to be real good. :)

I get alot of FC with my r7 though i did a full wipe. Can anyone tell me if this ROM will give me less FC?

Its the best rom yet in terms of fc. I have not encountered any so far.

Guest Triq

Great rom Simon, fast and responsive! I can live with the contacts issue. Everything else works just the way I like it :)

Thanks for sharing

Guest Simon O

Sorry if you are waiting for another release tonight. I've got a lot of work to do this evening and I'm also implenting some tweaks to the rom before releasing. It will probably be some time tomorrow that I upload it.

Guest Simon O

Working on another update

Benchmarks:

Linpack: 2.323

Neocore: 24.8fps (unchanged)

Still quick-ish!

Free space on /data is lower than expected due to G.Maps and language packs for Touchpal. These can be removed easily using the file manager.

(removed screengrabs as I've kept vanilla theme, due to popular demand!)

Edited by flibblesan

Guest de_shepherd

Quick question ... does this ROM fix the issues with downloading from the market (plus I seem to have something similar trying to set up a second googlemail account to sync contacts with - i.e. tries to connect but never succeeds)

Guest Simon O
Quick question ... does this ROM fix the issues with downloading from the market (plus I seem to have something similar trying to set up a second googlemail account to sync contacts with - i.e. tries to connect but never succeeds)

I believe so, yes. Basically it works for me and it's using the Eris market fix fingerprint so most market items are showing. Syncing works too.

Guest michlaustn

I see from the screenshots posted that it is using the espresso framework. Will this be the case when you rel ease beta3? If it is would you be able to put a copy of the current framework up. I personaly like the look of stock android.

Thanks this is the best rom I have used so far.

Guest Simon O
I see from the screenshots posted that it is using the espresso framework. Will this be the case when you rel ease beta3? If it is would you be able to put a copy of the current framework up. I personaly like the look of stock android.

Thanks this is the best rom I have used so far.

Yes, definitely. I'll produce a flashable update for those that want the white notification bar back.

Changed back to vanilla framework due to popular demand. Black framework can be flashed using the update I'll provide. More on that later.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Dave Blencowe

Just installed this, ready for a play later on, sleep time now.

I was just beginning to think I was learning how all this works and you go and ruin it! lol. Installed it, which I believed was a wipe, and I still have my custom wallpaper. Cool, but still want to look in to creating a theme for it.

Nice work, and I'll be sure to keep up to date with your progress.