[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Stevos

V3 is looking quite stable. No force closes so far, though one reboot, and a couple of lockups (seem to be when dealing with SMS notifications, either when the SMS is received or when the notification bar is attempted to be opened.)

cheers,

Guest shovon

Great ROM Flibblesan, thanks. :)

I'm still on beta 1. I see in the review further up the page than the guy mentions "It starts with the usual voice search error message". This happens on my install at the moment too, I just wondered if it had been fixed in the later betas you have released?

Shovon

Edited by shovon

Guest bindi
Great ROM Flibblesan, thanks. :)

I'm still on beta 1. I see in the review further up the page than the guy mentions "It starts with the usual voice search error message". This happens on my install at the moment too, I just wondered if it had been fixed in the later betas you have released?

Shovon

I am using Beta 3 and don't remember seeing this error message you have mentioned. Only two issues noticed so far...First one is I think have been discussed acore.google message which when you press 'wait' works fine when going back to home screen. Second is when using the toggle button (beautiful widget or wifi toggle or even enabling wifi from settings, it is lot slower to get the network and connect to it compare to 1.5 or 1.7 MCR. But I can live with these issues and it is a great ROM.

Guest Simon O

Yep, connecting to wifi is a little slow for some reason. It's on my list of things to improve. I've not got much free time until next week but I'll try and look into these issues soon.

Guest bindi
Yep, connecting to wifi is a little slow for some reason. It's on my list of things to improve. I've not got much free time until next week but I'll try and look into these issues soon.

No problem mate as I said its not a big issue. ROM in general is pretty fast anyway and so far everything works for me.

Guest biron_w
and a couple of lockups

I've had that with every single rom i've installed.I suspect it's a hardware problem,maybe something to do with 2.1 leaving low memory on the pulse.

Guest bounty123
I've had that with every single rom i've installed.I suspect it's a hardware problem,maybe something to do with 2.1 leaving low memory on the pulse.

Well I never had a lockup with 2.1 yet, using it since released (baked rom from Paul's kitchen).

Guest biron_w
Well I never had a lockup with 2.1 yet, using it since released (baked rom from Paul's kitchen).

I had freezes with the MCR and Zerosignulls rom as well.

Guest rrcarter

is there a way to lock the homescreen in portrait mode, because the swithcing slows down my phone alot.

especialy after unlocking with the lockscreen.

then its tryin to determine wether it should go in portrait or landscape

Guest goce.nakov
is there a way to lock the homescreen in portrait mode, because the swithcing slows down my phone alot.

especialy after unlocking with the lockscreen.

then its tryin to determine wether it should go in portrait or landscape

Go in to settings of Launcher Pro and un check screen rotation.

Guest Simon O
haha, i really feel like a idot.

thank you, i totaly forgot the menu key.

One of the first things I set is the home screen rotation. For some odd reason the orientation sensor on our phones is too sensitive when running 2.1. If I lay the phone down flat it switches to landscape.

Guest Simon O
Looks nice to me.

I agree. It sets itself up using a different ID so you can run it alongside the stock music player. If you guys want to try it out and let me know some feedback, I'll think about adding it in.

I need to do some work to the system partition of my rom as I'm running out of space also.

Guest flip360

i replaced the default music app with this one and its working beautifully :) oh and btw your rom is rock stable.

Edited by flip360

Guest Simon O
i replaced the default music app with this one and its working beautifully :) oh and btw your rom is rock stable.

I should hope it's stable :)

BTW launcherpro has been updated. Android Market will most likely tell you an upgrade is available. If you upgrade then you'll end up with two launcherpros on the system.

So head on over to http://www.launcherpro.com/ and download the latest, rename it to Launcher.apk and push it to /system/app/ using ADB or using Root Explorer. Android should unload the original from memory and load in this newer version. You will also need to delete Launcher.odex from the phone

adb shell rm /system/app/Launcher.odex

Guest petim

BTW launcherpro has been updated. Android Market will most likely tell you an upgrade is available. If you upgrade then you'll end up with two launcherpros on the system.

So head on over to http://www.launcherpro.com/ and download the latest, rename it to Launcher.apk and push it to /system/app/ using ADB or using Root Explorer. Android should unload the original from memory and load in this newer version. You will also need to delete Launcher.odex from the phone

Thx for the rom, it's my favorite. I have one issue: could you somehow run the contacts.app all the time? (when my phones sleep, close all the apps, inculding contacts too)

It's not this rom fault every of them have the same issue. it's drive me crazy, waiting 10 sec to open the contacts/call log.

Do you have any idea?

Guest Zsolabola
Thx for the rom, it's my favorite. I have one issue: could you somehow run the contacts.app all the time? (when my phones sleep, close all the apps, inculding contacts too)

It's not this rom fault every of them have the same issue. it's drive me crazy, waiting 10 sec to open the contacts/call log.

Do you have any idea?

I have the same problem with beta3. It regularly closes (not FC) the Gtalk app. The sign i n automatically is checked but when I not use it in every minute I get mail messages from conversations since I was offline. And then if I tap Gtalk it shows the logging in screen

Anybody knows why ?

Thanks

Guest bindi
I have the same problem with beta3. It regularly closes (not FC) the Gtalk app. The sign i n automatically is checked but when I not use it in every minute I get mail messages from conversations since I was offline. And then if I tap Gtalk it shows the logging in screen

Anybody knows why ?

Thanks

I have noticed this google talk issue as well but I just did a small test. I didn't use google talk for more than 20 hours. This morning then I logged in from computer (with diff id) and saw myself in 'Idle" and when I sent couple of test message it actually went through! So may be it just shows signing in but acctually already on....may be?

Guest darkdevil1

Oops, I already did that...

Can I un-do it somehow, by uninstalling launcher pro maybe?

Edited by darkdevil1

So tell me, why would this rom better than Oscilliation rom?

I just needs pros and cons to know what rom to flash. :)

Is there a swedish language pack in this rom?