Vanilla Vs Sense

Guest Winston69

Guest paulsmith

I've been using vanilla eclair for a couple of days now.

A2DP does indeed work pretty well.

I could not get my apple bluetooth keyboard to work - it pairs via bluetooth but doesn't seem to connect.

Anyone had bad battery life with this ROM?

Guest Winston69
You would be best of with a Sense ROM i.e ChocolateEclair, MCR, Villain etc and using a "Home Theme" such as Panda Home, Home ++ etc.

Yeah I'm using chocolateEclair at the moment with launcherpro and it seems the business! Just wondered if VanillaEclair with some themes or something installed could achieve a similar look but faster?

I've been using vanilla eclair for a couple of days now. I could not get my apple bluetooth keyboard to work - it pairs via bluetooth but doesn't seem to connect.

Have you had it working with any other 2.1 ROMs? Paul's WIP works with a Freedom Pro & its own drivers, but I've yet to test it with VE. If you know it works with a 2.1 Sense ROM such as WIP & haven't yet, perhaps you could add your report to the Vanilla Eclair thread?

Guest masterpfa
But doesn't PandaHome Theme supports only 1.5 & 1.6, I don't know about Home ++ themes.

Before discovering VanillaEclair I used to use cyanogenMOD for Hero and I used Panda Home with this.

CynaogenMOD for hero is a 2.1 ROM

I've been using vanilla eclair for a couple of days now.

Anyone had bad battery life with this ROM?

Not at all, the exact opposite. For me one of the best thing about this ROM is the Battery life

Edited by masterpfa

Guest Al the Pal
HTC widgets

7 homescreens

The look of it

Some Hero stuff seems to rely on it (eg Bluetooth audio)

(etc)

whether any of those are actually important is another matter, and down to the individual! For me the open stuff on the market has largely caught up in terms of the first three (well, I don't need 7 homescreens anyway, I have a nice 3 screen setup in LauncherPro).

VanillaElair 4.0 now has WORKING bluetooth ;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=704974

and even with my Pioneer Car radio . i'm so happy.

i wish Paul could look into that BT problem and mayby put that BT stack into MCR 4.0 ?

Would be so nice :(

Regards Alex

Edited by Al the Pal