[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest sv0911
the JE2's chome is meant for 6.5 not 6.5.x, i have already tried, got same problem as u did. it reqiures aq hardreset. :angry:

Hi Lancez,

i just installed je1 chome from twu2´s thread and it works perfect...!

Thanks for youre´s and shadowangels advice...!!

Guest shadowangel
the JE2's chome is meant for 6.5 not 6.5.x, i have already tried, got same problem as u did. it reqiures aq hardreset. :angry:

Thanks ;)

The lock screen .cab you in your folder didn't work, you said you would look into it.

No success yet... have you tried this one? It's almost the same :(

i'm very satisfied with RC3 6.5 21908, i think i'lll just skip this one for now. have tried 6.5.5 and still found that RC3 is by far the best of your masterpiece. waiting for future 6.5 release :D thank u shadow as always.

You are welcome :D

Guest Lancez
Hi Lancez,

i just installed je1 chome from twu2´s thread and it works perfect...!

Thanks for youre´s and shadowangels advice...!!

u r welcome, how's ur full screen weather working out on this ROM? thinking about give it a shot later.

Guest AndyCarroll

Thanks shadowangel, this is the best ROM I've seen so far.

Agreed that Samsung dialer is better. Then this "people thing"...it's not very handy because it dials right away when we accidentally touch a button. I've seen somewhere same "speed dial" but pressing these buttons gave me option to call (to several numbers if exists) or send SMS.

Then these white backgrounds...not very friendly for battery. As we know "white" consumes much more energy than "black" in AMOLED. For LCD there's no matter but AMOLED is different animal. Tried different "black themes" without success.

Then...can you include "disable 3sec delay" in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0 change from av0pw3r to av0pr) as caller waits too long before my phone starts to ring.

Guest sv0911
u r welcome, how's ur full screen weather working out on this ROM? thinking about give it a shot later.

I just activaded the full screen weather and it is working without any problems...! :angry:

Guest shadowangel
Thanks shadowangel, this is the best ROM I've seen so far.

Agreed that Samsung dialer is better. Then this "people thing"...it's not very handy because it dials right away when we accidentally touch a button. I've seen somewhere same "speed dial" but pressing these buttons gave me option to call (to several numbers if exists) or send SMS.

Then these white backgrounds...not very friendly for battery. As we know "white" consumes much more energy than "black" in AMOLED. For LCD there's no matter but AMOLED is different animal. Tried different "black themes" without success.

Then...can you include "disable 3sec delay" in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0 change from av0pw3r to av0pr) as caller waits too long before my phone starts to ring.

One more on Samsung's side on this matter :D

Thanks for your tip about the 3 sec delay! I'll do that :angry:

Guest Lancez

i would vote for HTC dialer, but how about just WM default dialer and everyone can install whatever they want? just an idea, so u don't get exhausted by a lot of requests. but do provide CAB for HTC dialer, as for samsung, we all know where to get samsung OEMs ;)

Guest voyteckst
i would vote for HTC dialer, but how about just WM default dialer and everyone can install whatever they want? just an idea, so u don't get exhausted by a lot of requests. but do provide CAB for HTC dialer, as for samsung, we all know where to get samsung OEMs :angry:

Or maybe both dialers can be installed side by side, so we can switch them via registry? For now I vote for Samsung dialer because of mentioned earlier problems.

Guest Andrey G.

This tip didn't work... I've tried it before & now - nothing changes...

+1 for Samsung apps

Edited by Andrey G.

Guest shadowangel
Or maybe both dialers can be installed side by side, so we can switch them via registry? For now I vote for Samsung dialer because of mentioned earlier problems.

It is possible and Enrico988 has already done an app that does the change for you :angry:

Guest AndyCarroll
i would vote for HTC dialer, but how about just WM default dialer and everyone can install whatever they want? just an idea, so u don't get exhausted by a lot of requests. but do provide CAB for HTC dialer, as for samsung, we all know where to get samsung OEMs ;)

Good idea :D

Samsung dialer and phonebook as separate CABs thanks to twu2: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100514/

(phonebook takes 3,6MB RAM in my phone but there's 60MB still left, so no problems I think)

How about GarminXT, does anybody use this? It works well but uses only half screen in landscape mode. With previous ROMs everything was OK. I use "rotate screen" with button2. I'm using Garmin very often thats why I ask.. :angry:

Guest AndyCarroll
This tip didn't work... I've tried it before & now - nothing changes...

+1 for Samsung apps

It worked for me. Previously took 3...4 "signals" before phone ringed now only 1 "signal".

There's another thing to check: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneNetSelMode

"Timeout"=dword:0

(credits to twu2)

Edited by AndyCarroll

Guest jebise

i kida like the htc dialer and the way it intergrates with the default winmo, i also like samsung and phonebook but it was not so good at the intregation. I agree have either both and let us decide or have default wm and cabs.

Guest Zlovred

Hi. Today install your ROM "JF5 23127 2016 Beta" very good. All evening using. Find little bug - WiFi button in manila setings is grey, but wifi started from main menu :D . I liked this ROM, realy stable. Wait final build :angry: . Sorry for my bad english.

Guest speedfrog

-1 for samsung apps in the rom :angry:

BTV: you have still not updated the first post with the rapidshare mirror for the 6.5 version :D

and in future versions you could remove these apps to make the rom more lite, since there are cab files for these.

* FM Radio

* GPRS Counter (dont know if there are cabs for this one)

* Office 2010

* Power Calculator

in the windwos folder i found the exe file for the task manager you had in the previous 6.5 version, can you remove that to? :D

But that's just my two cents ;)

Edited by speedfrog

Guest Lancez
-1 for samsung apps in the rom :angry:

- 2, plus we can install every single samsung app in the storage if we want. there is no point to make a "heavy" ROM.

Guest jmsmartins

i also give my vote for wm default apps instead of samsung ones :angry: but imho, at least clock and calendar have to be HTC for better intgration of sense, right?

Guest Andrey G.
- 2, plus we can install every single samsung app in the storage if we want. there is no point to make a "heavy" ROM.

What about, for example, samsung sms? We can't install it with a cab, the HTC-one is laggy and ugly. Plus there is a problem with localization of htc sms app (for localization of samsung sms app all we need is copy to win folder right MUI for our language).

Maybe the best choice is to leave such apps wm default.

Edited by Andrey G.

Guest Lancez
What about, for example, samsung sms? We can't install it with a cab, the HTC-one is laggy and ugly. Plus there is a problem with localization of htc sms app (for localization of samsung sms app all we need is copy to win folder right MUI for our language).

Maybe the best choice is to leave such apps wm default.

i dont use sms-mms myself, so im not aware of that problem. if WM default sms-mms works out for your, then keep it. but i'm sure that shadow will take it into consideration.

Guest gogicar

:angry: I'm smiling :D ...

best to remove everything ... even PHONE ... just leave CLOCK and WEATHER ;) that would be FULL LITE ROM :D :(

Hm ... i have this ERROR

post-454458-1279146862_thumb.png

post-454458-1279146870_thumb.png

ROM: 6.5.3 (23127 JF5 Beta)

Edited by gogicar

Guest shadowangel
:angry: I'm smiling :D ...

best to remove everything ... even PHONE ... just leave CLOCK and WEATHER ;) that would be FULL LITE ROM :D :(

Hm ... i have this ERROR

ROM: 6.5.3 (23127 JF5 Beta)

That error may be because I removed SQLMobileCe from the ROM since there are only a few apps that uses it.

Try the Cab attached.

Microsoft_SQLMobileCe.cab

Guest jebise

shadow the clock files you added don't do anything, when i copied them to the windows folder it did not ask to over write or anything do you think they are in a different location with 6.5? because coping them to the windows folder had no effect

Edited by jebise

Guest shadowangel
shadow the clock files you added don't do anything, when i copied them to the windows folder it did not ask to over write or anything do you think they are in a different location with 6.5? because coping them to the windows folder had no effect

Have you soft reseted?

Windows Mobile has the terrible problem that ALL files when it is flashed go to the Windows folder and them are copied to their expecific folder (copied, not moved) so even if the file isn't started from there, if has to be there...

Guest gogicar
That error may be because I removed SQLMobileCe from the ROM since there are only a few apps that uses it.

Try the Cab attached.

It Works! Tnx! :angry: