[EN][ROM][24/09/2010] Sense 2.5.2018

Guest shadowangel

Guest redzone321
All opinions are welcome :angry:

What I said is that phonebook and call log are part of the People Tab on Sense and are needed for: Home (without it the quicklinks doesn't show), People (obvious xD), Messages tab, Internet... Damn! (I tried to remove it and it's prereqs). Thinkin'...

i woudl say leave in people tab as it is very usefull and works well with htc dialer. imo your rom was very close to perfect just needed to get rid of htc notifications and remove memory leak (by useing 6.5 if possible) seems like we are stuck with 55mb of ram free no matter what so might as well use a good dialer / people tab

Guest dpspcdrgn

Sorry if somebody has already touched on this subject, but how do I fix the problem with this thing dialing the last number I called instead of the number I'm trying to call?

If the answer is to install Samsung Dialer, don't my contacts disappear then?

Guest shadowangel
Sorry if somebody has already touched on this subject, but how do I fix the problem with this thing dialing the last number I called instead of the number I'm trying to call?

If the answer is to install Samsung Dialer, don't my contacts disappear then?

That is an issue between HTC DIaler / WM 6.5.x / Omnia 2... tried different dialers with the same result :D

Your own answer wasn't tested by me but I don't see why installing Samsung Dialer/phonebook/calllog won't solve the problem :angry:

Guest Dj_suca

hello

i've tryed 2 versions of the cooked roms but 7zip gives me error on unziping...

"crompession metod no valid to (name of the rom)"

Edited:

Resolved with 7-Zip 9.04 Beta

Edited by Dj_suca

Guest jebise

first problem i encountered with the beta version. |If you have heavy apps open such as opera 10 and s2p. Not only dose the phone lag at times and closes s2p randomly even with chainfire auto close fix (which happens with most sense ROM's), it messes up the dialer keypad. This is again because of low RAM in the beta and the fact it drops to 15MB or so with just those 2 apps open and nothing else and poor winmo management.

What happens is when you press the phone button you see the contacts and are able to select and scroll threw them and make calls it just you do not see the htc dialer keypad so you cannot dial any numbers and dose not fix even after closing all apps and forced to soft reset. I think i will have to go back to 6.5.5 personal, it was a bit slower but at least everything worked or at least until a better version comes out.

Edited by jebise

Guest jkgtan
10M YaHei font, works great for me and better than samsung sunfon. i'm using RC3 6.5

I m totally disorientated and stressed.

Tried your 10M Yahei font cab and still cannot read Chinese.

Whack all 3 cab, Reading Chinese (HTC), JE2 Sun Font, and YaHei font still cannot read.

Reconfigure with *#1546792*# to set Singapore / Singtel, also cannot help.

Reflashed & reflashed, hard reset again and again to no avail. :angry:

My config as follows:

ROM: Shadow's JF5_6.5.3 Shadow sense_23127_2016

PDA:I8000NXXJF5

CSC:I8000XSOJE5

Phone:I8000XXJF1

Don't know where went wrong.

Like this ROM.

Will try another csc JE1 lite.

Help needed.

Thank you.

Guest baniyang

Whack all 3 cab, Reading Chinese (HTC), JE2 Sun Font, and YaHei font still cannot read.

My config as follows:

Like this ROM.

Help needed.

Thank you.

just the sense cannot display chinese or the whole rom?

Guest Lancez

My config as follows:

Like this ROM.

Help needed.

Thank you.

the problem is YaHei font dose not work on any 6.5.3 ROMs, i have tried this on kydkylin's JE1 sense, but didnt work. only samsung sunfon works on 6.5.3. but on 6.5 and 6.5.5 YaHei works fine. in your case, i have no idea why sunfon dose not work either. maybe flash back to 6.5 or 6.5.5?

Edited by Lancez

Guest jkgtan
the problem is YaHei font dose not work on any 6.5.3 ROMs, i have tried this on kydkylin's JE1 sense, but didnt work. only samsung sunfon works on 6.5.3. but on 6.5 and 6.5.5 YaHei works fine. in your case, i have no idea why sunfon dose not work either. maybe flash back to 6.5 or 6.5.5?

Migrate to shadow's JE3 23569 Ulite 2016.

Installed JE2 Sunfont and ok, can read Chinese.

Will hide here for a while.

Thank you for all help rendered.

Guest shadowangel
am still waiting for 21911 WWE, buddy :angry:

Oh... you mean my ptbr build? rs

This weekend I'll think about a Final 6.5... got another build of Sense and will take a while to study it... new HTC Messaging (hope it fixes the "a lot of messages" errors...

Guest Lancez
Oh... you mean my ptbr build? rs

This weekend I'll think about a Final 6.5... got another build of Sense and will take a while to study it... new HTC Messaging (hope it fixes the "a lot of messages" errors...

sure thing, buddy

Guest sv0911

shadowangel,

just a short feedback..

I flashed your f5 beta.. Installed samsung dialer, Chome je1 fr. twu2 and some other

stuff.. The rom is very smooth and fast..!! Everything works absolutly brilliant for me...!!!!!

Great job..!!! Thanks for sharing..!!!!!!!

Gr. sv0911

Guest shadowangel
waiting for rom without htc dialer and messaging :D

I got my greed hands on Manila 2.6 2017 package - with sense 2016/17) with HTC Messaging 1.8... they say it seems to be dealing well with lots of messages :D

I'll take a serious look this weekend on my final 6.5 :angry:

Don't even know if it works as they said it to have some hardware restrictions but... who knows our device is better then theirs ;)

Edited by shadowangel

Guest jkgtan
The lockscreen does work, however I'm unable to change the lockscreen picture, it sticking to a grey background ( Start -> Pictures/videos -> Selected background).

PS: Nvm, after a restart it worked, lol.

Can someone guide me or direct me on how to set the wallpaper for lockscreen and Main Home Page (with clock & weather).

Thank you.

Guest mlabarra
Can someone guide me or direct me on how to set the wallpaper for lockscreen and Main Home Page (with clock & weather).

Thank you.

In the last tap "configuration" you can chose which wallpaper you want to change.

Guest speedfrog
I got my greed hands on Manila 2.6 2017 package - with sense 2016/17) with HTC Messaging 1.8... they say it seems to be dealing well with lots of messages ;)

I'll take a serious look this weekend on my final 6.5 :D

Don't even know if it works as they said it to have some hardware restrictions but... who knows our device is better then theirs :D

thanks Shadow :angry:

Guest n4m3less
I got my greed hands on Manila 2.6 2017 package - with sense 2016/17) with HTC Messaging 1.8... they say it seems to be dealing well with lots of messages :D

I'll take a serious look this weekend on my final 6.5 :angry:

Don't even know if it works as they said it to have some hardware restrictions but... who knows our device is better then theirs ;)

very good shadow!

I can not wait to try this new rom which you are working!

look confident. good job

Guest HominusNocturna
waiting for rom without htc dialer and messaging :angry:

Waiting for ROM without samsung stuff, only the start menu Samsung Settings xD

Personally, HTC Sense is much appealing than Samsung. =)

Great Work Shadowangel

Guest dpspcdrgn

Curious as to why you are cooking in the htc dialer if it has the "dial the last number called" bug.

Only other problem I found is on previous roms pressing the power button would return you home pretty much no matter where you were; I like that. Now if you are in messaging where you can see your chat log with the other person not only does power not take you out anymore but you actually have to click on the slider tab, pick the icon on either the left or the right of the envelope icon, then select 'Back' in the lower left hand corner, when before you could just press one button to take you out. Alternatively one could just enter task manager and shut down messaging but that is a bit of a pain as well.

Other than that this ROM is the best!

Edited by dpspcdrgn