[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest Prometheus5061
do you have a stock rom I can play with?

ummmm....yeah...nahhhhh

did the absolute noob thing and flashed without backingup :lol:... was just to excited to try out the sense rom.. will try to look for a stock rom :D

cheers

Guest amdzero
ummmm....yeah...nahhhhh

did the absolute noob thing and flashed without backingup :lol:... was just to excited to try out the sense rom.. will try to look for a stock rom :D

cheers

I would say do an official samsung update, and then post your dumped rom, but I'm sure someone else has already done this. Just don't know where to look.

Guest Prometheus5061
I would say do an official samsung update, and then post your dumped rom, but I'm sure someone else has already done this. Just don't know where to look.

i do have an ultralite one if that helps.... ill try to take a dump from my mate's i8000.. cheers

Guest amdzero
i do have an ultralite one if that helps.... ill try to take a dump from my mate's i8000.. cheers

I'm really worried about the drivers, the sys and xip are standard its the OEM folder that I really need.

Guest maldonj1

just flashed the 1.5, awesome as usual but any idea why backlight is set to default as always on for both battery and charging as well as brightest setting, seems like for an over clocked rom you would want these set to their lowest and auto settings to save the battery.

Guest amdzero
just flashed the 1.5, awesome as usual but any idea why backlight is set to default as always on for both battery and charging as well as brightest setting, seems like for an over clocked rom you would want these set to their lowest and auto settings to save the battery.

um thats a good question, I haven't changed the setting at all, so that probably means I erased some settings that changed it from stock.

Anyone have any ideas?

Guest airreak

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\backlight]

"ACBacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001

"ACTimeout"=dword:0000003C

"ACTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000

"ALCMode"=dword:00000000

"BacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001

"BatteryTimeout"=dword:0000000F

"BatteryTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000

"Brightness"=dword:00000008

the settings for backlight for you to cook in

Guest amdzero
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\backlight]

"ACBacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001

"ACTimeout"=dword:0000003C

"ACTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000

"ALCMode"=dword:00000000

"BacklightOnTap"=dword:00000001

"BatteryTimeout"=dword:0000000F

"BatteryTimeoutUnchecked"=dword:00000000

"Brightness"=dword:00000008

the settings for backlight for you to cook in

NICE! this will be in my next rom!

Guest maldonj1
NICE! this will be in my next rom!

sweet thanks!, there was one other setting that was whacky, ill see if i can dig through them all again to find it before your next release, i have two other people here that are letting me flash their phones today so i should be able to play more., also just a suggestion of two things i install immediately following a flash is the Uzard browser and slacker radio since Pandora's Omnia support sux and slackers audio quality is way better.

so anyways not to ramble on, if i make a Directoy called XDA_UC and SD on my PC then before flashing i copy it to my phone with all my programs, would that install once reflashed?

Guest wahoolakeshow

Ok, so the My Location weather is now showing my city (no longer just showing the number "5". BUT now my phone won't charge when it is on; I have to power down my phone and keep it off for it to charge. Anyone have this issue and does anyone know how to fix it? I might try flashing back to the original rom to make sure it's not a hardware issue. Thanks!

Guest amdzero
sweet thanks!, there was one other setting that was whacky, ill see if i can dig through them all again to find it before your next release, i have two other people here that are letting me flash their phones today so i should be able to play more., also just a suggestion of two things i install immediately following a flash is the Uzard browser and slacker radio since Pandora's Omnia support sux and slackers audio quality is way better.

so anyways not to ramble on, if i make a Directoy called XDA_UC and SD on my PC then before flashing i copy it to my phone with all my programs, would that install once reflashed?

on your SD card it should look like this:

\Storage Card\XDA_UC\

add all the programs (cabs) you want installed silently, which will default to the Main Memory

\Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD\

all the programs (cabs) you want installed with a prompt that will ask where to install

If there is nothing in these directories than they will be skipped.

I use Uzard, but am not sure I'd cook it in, as it is still being worked on. I like a finished product, and if I do put it in, you can't take it out. So if there is another browser more awesomer (its a word look it up, truuuust me) that comes along, you are stuck with uzard installed and cannot uninstall.

I need to look at Slacker radio, as I've been using nanogroove and it works, but it is sometimes slow.

Guest maldonj1
on your SD card it should look like this:

\Storage Card\XDA_UC\

add all the programs (cabs) you want installed silently, which will default to the Main Memory

\Storage Card\XDA_UC\SD\

all the programs (cabs) you want installed with a prompt that will ask where to install

If there is nothing in these directories than they will be skipped.

I use Uzard, but am not sure I'd cook it in, as it is still being worked on. I like a finished product, and if I do put it in, you can't take it out. So if there is another browser more awesomer (its a word look it up, truuuust me) that comes along, you are stuck with uzard installed and cannot uninstall.

I need to look at Slacker radio, as I've been using nanogroove and it works, but it is sometimes slow.

ok so if i take a completely stock i920 and make those directories with programs, when i flash and XDA_UC first exists, would it go ahead and install?

Guest amdzero
ok so if i take a completely stock i920 and make those directories with programs, when i flash and XDA_UC first exists, would it go ahead and install?

yes

you can even have an sd card for flashing that has all your programs if you want that way you don't put the cabs on their phone.

just put the microsd card in the phone you want to flash with those folders/cabs and flash any XDA_UC enabled custom rom and you are gtg.

Guest maldonj1
yes

you can even have an sd card for flashing that has all your programs if you want that way you don't put the cabs on their phone.

just put the microsd card in the phone you want to flash with those folders/cabs and flash any XDA_UC enabled custom rom and you are gtg.

ThATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT! :lol:

Edited by maldonj1

Guest maldonj1
I found this utility a few weeks ago for adjusting backlight settings. The AutoBacklightSteps app toggles between 10%, 50% and 100% brightness setting. I use it so much that I even mapped the <hold> OK button to it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

yea the only reason i made a point of it is because it could be a few days before anyone figure out those settings are maxed and by that time they are crying about poor battery life on a new ROM especially since those are set it and forget it settings.

Guest spannville

Hey Zero, I wanted to give you major props for this rom, I've been using it for a few hours and it has already seemed to bring new life to my phone. Thanks man for the great work!

Guest batch519

Sorry in advance for the newb question but speaking of saving battery, does turning off GPS to '911 only' when you don't need help battery life? Should I just leave it set to "Location On" and let the GPS apps wake up the GPS connection as needed?

Guest amdzero
Sorry in advance for the newb question but speaking of saving battery, does turning off GPS to '911 only' when you don't need help battery life? Should I just leave it set to "Location On" and let the GPS apps wake up the GPS connection as needed?

This is what I do. I always use location on so I just leave it.

I'm not THAT concerned with battery life as I just charge it up to full everynight when I go to sleep (yeah right not much sleep these days!)

seems to last about a day and a half for me, but I do flash my phone multiple times a day.

Guest amdzero
Hey Zero, I wanted to give you major props for this rom, I've been using it for a few hours and it has already seemed to bring new life to my phone. Thanks man for the great work!

thanks for the props! I'm working on button remapping with steel now.

Guest Prometheus5061
I'm really worried about the drivers, the sys and xip are standard its the OEM folder that I really need.

hey amd... how u going alright? :lol:

just got the official JF1 rom... so do u just want the OEM folder coz the nb0 file is about 200 megs

cheers :D

Guest amdzero
hey amd... how u going alright? :lol:

just got the official JF1 rom... so do u just want the OEM folder coz the nb0 file is about 200 megs

cheers :D

yeah just dump the whole OEM folder for me and 4shared it