swedish Tre 2.1 Vs Hungarian 2.1?

Guest sniperuk

The reason that MMS works correctly in this ROM is most likely down to it using a newer build of the kernel than the t-mobile rom which is the base for FLB. I've succeeded in getting the Tre boot.img patched for A2SD and root, and also got it working on FLB-MOD. To run the new boot.img it needed newer wifi binaries loading onto the device.

If anybody wants to test this then download this file and use fastboot to flash to your phone. I've also provided fastboot for windows in the zip.

I'd really love some Tre users to test this boot.img out please. If you want to test A2SD then please ensure you have flashed the latest version from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715116

Very important. If you are NOT running the Tre rom then you will be stuck in a boot-loop due to the wifi binaries. Once some Tre users have verified this boot.img works for them then I'll make a flashable zip which will copy the new wifi files and flash boot.img. This should work for almost all proper 2.1 rom users (RMB2, T-Mobile HU, Tre)

Oh man, this is great, I was just thinking to myself "it sure would be great to have apps2sd and root on this thing!" haha.

Could you write a little step-for-step guide on how to get this working? :)

I am on the Tre rom right now, unmodded.

Does this mean that you're maybe going to make an FLB-mod based on the tre rom?

Edited by Guest

Guest goce.nakov
:)

Tre rom users most likely won't need the flashable ZIP but it's easier for upgrading the boot image. And has the advantage of installing A2SD :D

Doing nand backup atm and I will flash it right away on top of it your ROM (doing full wipe first ofc)

Guest Simon O
Doing nand backup atm and I will flash it right away on top of it your ROM (doing full wipe first ofc)

Ooh, don't do a full wipe! That will destroy the rom. This is just a small update.

Guest goce.nakov
Ooh, don't do a full wipe! That will destroy the rom. This is just a small update.

hahaha now you tell me :) OK doing nandrestore then I will flash it

Guest Daniel Williamson
Thanks! And how do i remove those apps now?:)

There are many ways to remove the system apps.

1. Download root explorer from the market then go to system/apps and mount in R/W mode then delete the apps.

2. Download android commander - a handy program that lets you do alot of things from your computer.

There are also alot more apps and programs out there, these are the ones that i use.

Dan

Guest Simon O
Oh man, this is great, I was just thinking to myself "it sure would be great to have apps2sd and root on this thing!" haha.

Could you write a little step-for-step guide on how to get this working? :)

Does this mean that you're maybe going to make an FLB-mod based on the tre rom?

Nope. 99% of the tre rom is the same as the other roms. I'm just going to use the newer kernel to see if it solves the issues some people have been having with MMS, 3G etc.

The boot.img needed extracting. Then init.rc edited as follows:

In the init.rc, find a line called class_start default. Add the following two lines right before that line:

start userinit
on property:cm.filesystem.ready=1[/code] Then add this to the bottom of the file:
[code]# Execute files in /etc/init.d before booting
service userinit /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
disabled
oneshot
The Tre rom has this missing from init.rc so I had to add it. Other roms just needed 'disabled' adding. Then the boot.img needed rebuilding with the command
mkbootimg --cmdline "mem=128M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0" --kernel ./zImage --ramdisk ./ramdisk.cpio.gz -o ./newBoot.img

Guest Andy Veliz
Ok. Flashable ZIP here

This will upgrade Darktremor A2SD to 2.7.5 Preview Fix 2, add updated wifi binaries (no change for Tre users, required for other rom users), and finally flashes the updated boot.img.

This is a test update. I'd like Tre users and other rom users to test this and report back.

Even if it works for you, please report back. Also mention what rom you are using. This is important. :)

Using FLB 5.1 on a U8220-6 Wifi is not working

Guest Simon O
Using FLB 5.1 on a U8220-6 Wifi is not working

Have you tried running the Tre rom on your device at all? What happens when you try to enable wi-fi, do you receive the error "Unable to start wifi" ?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest whackster
The reason that MMS works correctly in this ROM is most likely down to it using a newer build of the kernel than the t-mobile rom which is the base for FLB. I've succeeded in getting the Tre boot.img patched for A2SD and root, and also got it working on FLB-MOD. To run the new boot.img it needed newer wifi binaries loading onto the device.

If anybody wants to test this then download this file and use fastboot to flash to your phone. I've also provided fastboot for windows in the zip.

I'd really love some Tre users to test this boot.img out please. If you want to test A2SD then please ensure you have flashed the latest version from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715116

Very important. If you are NOT running the Tre rom then you will be stuck in a boot-loop due to the wifi binaries. Once some Tre users have verified this boot.img works for them then I'll make a flashable zip which will copy the new wifi files and flash boot.img. This should work for almost all proper 2.1 rom users (RMB2, T-Mobile HU, Tre)

NO WIPING! THIS UPDATE WILL DELETE FILES THAT ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED AND INSTALL. NO WIPE PLEASE

I can't get it to boot... :S I re-flashed the previous boot image and it works fine, don't know what could be the problem??

Also tried with the update.zip, I hope my case is unique :)

I'm re-flashing the tre update from scratch, and trying it again.

Guest Simon O
Who drives ah?

请使用中文如果英语是你很难。我会用谷歌翻译。

Guest Simon O
I can't get it to boot... :S I re-flashed the previous boot image and it works fine, don't know what could be the problem??

Also tried with the update.zip, I hope my case is unique :)

I'm re-flashing the tre update from scratch, and trying it again.

What is your device? Standard pulse or U8220-6?

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
T-mobile Pulse (U8220) :D

Sorry, saw it on your profile :)

Flashing just the boot.img doesn't work for Pulse owners (I found that out the hard way). You will need to use the flashable zip I uploaded.

Guest whackster

Flashing just the boot.img doesn't work for Pulse owners (I found that out the hard way). You will need to use the flashable zip I uploaded.

Yeah, tried that too, with same results... why wouldn't flashing it by fastboot work?

Just a thought, it might be because I already rooted it, but still no idea why that would cause any trouble... I'll re-flash from start and we'll see :D

Edited by whackster

Guest Simon O
Yeah, tried that too, with same results... why wouldn't flashing it by fastboot work?

The pulse needs newer wifi binaries. Flashing the boot.img alone causes bootloops whilst the kernel tries to initialise the wifi hardware.

Guest goce.nakov

I've reinstalled your ROM from scratch (then 5.1 update then tre update) is still booting and I think now it need f*** long time to boot (it stays on android logo for 10 minutes now)

Guest whackster
The pulse needs newer wifi binaries. Flashing the boot.img alone causes bootloops whilst the kernel tries to initialise the wifi hardware.

Weird, I thought that the tre update already had the binaries?

Guest Simon O
I've reinstalled your ROM from scratch (then 5.1 update then tre update) is still booting and I think now it need f*** long time to boot (it stays on android logo for 10 minutes now)

10 minutes is too long. It's most likely stuck in a boot loop. Are you able to run ddms and try to see the problem?

Guest Simon O
Weird, I thought that the tre update already had the binaries?

The tre update does have them, the flb doesn't. Sorry I'm getting a bit mixed up with people. You are running the tre rom already yes?

Guest whackster
The tre update does have them, the flb doesn't. Sorry I'm getting a bit mixed up with people. You are running the tre rom already yes?

Yeah, this is getting too erratic... I was on the tre update, and I rooted it using su-2.1-e-signed, and the boot image that was posted by jonuwz. Still no idea why that would cause problems, but I already re-flashed the tre update, and I'll try your boot update.zip, and see if it works.

Guest Andy Veliz
Have you tried running the Tre rom on your device at all? What happens when you try to enable wi-fi, do you receive the error "Unable to start wifi" ?

I haven't tried Tre..

when i try to enable wifi from power control widget, it does't throw any errors, just "profile updated" or something like that (my rom is in spanish)

if i try to enable wifi from setting it says something about the wifi service...

i'm not at home right now, i'll report back with more details soon...

Guest goce.nakov
10 minutes is too long. It's most likely stuck in a boot loop. Are you able to run ddms and try to see the problem?

I think SD is the prob I formated and re partitioned again and installing ALL from scratch

I will post results

Guest whackster

There's definitely something wrong with the boot.img, flibblesan can you please pull the one that is in your phone now and compare it to the one you uploaded, or even better post it here??

Guest Simon O
There's definitely something wrong with the boot.img, flibblesan can you please pull the one that is in your phone now and compare it to the one you uploaded, or even better post it here??

Try this one: boot.zip

this boots on my pulse. I've made no changes apart from rooting and a2sd support.

Edited by flibblesan