WHOOOO MY PULSE IS ARIVING IN A WEEK! - i need to revise!!

Guest AnDroidNooB

Guest Adam.S

thanks, I don't believe it's there.

About my other query, I'm concerned flb rom didn't install on my Pulse as I've got lots of t-mobile apps. Also, my screen looks a bit different to the ones above (icons and stuff). When I go to Seetings | About Phone | Firmware version says 2.1-update1, Baseband version 6383, kernel 2.6.29-perf, huawei@localhost #2 - is that correct for flb?

Guest AnDroidNooB
Thanks AnDroidNooB, I feel like you've asked questions I wanted to ask.

Hope you've got nothing against me chipping in. I'm a noob as well, got my Pulse couple of days ago, flashed what I think is a flb rom.

My question is: how do I know what I've got? Which rom? I followed instructions, got Hungarian 2.1 and then I think I did flb one, but can't be sure.

Also, how can I change that analoque clock on the home screen to the 'flip up' one, please? You know, the one made of couple of squarish digits that flip up or down when changing.

Again, AnDroidNooB, please tell me off and I'll start a new topic, I just thought it would follow up nicely on your questions.

DUDE!! no problem man, none at all, im actually glad you chipped in i thought people were getting tired of me asking so many noobie questions. please feel free to use this topic to your advantage!

Guest SaladOA

Been lurking for a while and decided to make an account so I can post in this thread.

2.1 has been mighty tempting, but it seems it's still very much under development. Is there a list anywhere of all the bugs or all the features that don't work properly? Every time I read up on a ROM and it seems promising, I come across things like vibration not working, which is a big deal to me.

thanks, I don't believe it's there.

About my other query, I'm concerned flb rom didn't install on my Pulse as I've got lots of t-mobile apps. Also, my screen looks a bit different to the ones above (icons and stuff). When I go to Seetings | About Phone | Firmware version says 2.1-update1, Baseband version 6383, kernel 2.6.29-perf, huawei@localhost #2 - is that correct for flb?

The dev probably got an angry letter from HTC. Almost all of the Flipclocks on the android market get cease and desist letters because HTC apparently invented the flipclock and no one else is allowed to make them at all ever.

Guest AnDroidNooB
It's FancyWidgets. Should still be on the market.

fibblesan.. lol sorry im such a fan and u commented in my post :)

Guest solongmarriane
Been lurking for a while and decided to make an account so I can post in this thread.

2.1 has been mighty tempting, but it seems it's still very much under development. Is there a list anywhere of all the bugs or all the features that don't work properly? Every time I read up on a ROM and it seems promising, I come across things like vibration not working, which is a big deal to me.

I think there are some lists of known problems, but they don't effect all phones the same. I have FLB-ROM V5 and don't have any issues with things working. I'm pretty sure the vibration problems are solved. And I think SMS issues are too. Everything works OK, I just get the occasional reboot or freeze. Not sure what causes the problems other people have, but maybe its the other ROMs they've installed before or the order they installed stuff. Or maybe its apps that they use.

It might work for you, it might not. Theres only one way to find out :)

Guest SaladOA
I think there are some lists of known problems, but they don't effect all phones the same. I have FLB-ROM V5 and don't have any issues with things working. I'm pretty sure the vibration problems are solved. And I think SMS issues are too. Everything works OK, I just get the occasional reboot or freeze. Not sure what causes the problems other people have, but maybe its the other ROMs they've installed before or the order they installed stuff. Or maybe its apps that they use.

It might work for you, it might not. Theres only one way to find out :)

I'm reluctant because my Pulse is my primary device that I use literally every hour I'm awake, both for personal and business matters and I suffer when it's out of action (left it too close to the edge of my desk the other day while it was charging. Someone called me and it fell off the desk and the USB port came loose. I had to put up with my old Motorazr v1 for two weeks; not pleasant).

The odd crash every few days I can put up with, but losing basic functionality like vibrate and having issues with 3G and SMS turns me right off upgrading.

Also, how simple is it to downgrade back to the stock 1.5 ROM? I ask because T-mobile refuse to service anything without stock ROMs (heard mixed things about this; thinking it could just be a couple of my local shops that employ this rule).

Guest gusthy
I'm reluctant because my Pulse is my primary device that I use literally every hour I'm awake, both for personal and business matters and I suffer when it's out of action (left it too close to the edge of my desk the other day while it was charging. Someone called me and it fell off the desk and the USB port came loose. I had to put up with my old Motorazr v1 for two weeks; not pleasant).

The odd crash every few days I can put up with, but losing basic functionality like vibrate and having issues with 3G and SMS turns me right off upgrading.

Also, how simple is it to downgrade back to the stock 1.5 ROM? I ask because T-mobile refuse to service anything without stock ROMs (heard mixed things about this; thinking it could just be a couple of my local shops that employ this rule).

I have a Pulse with FLB 5.1 update 1, and this problems never occured to me. 3G works, phone vibrates, SMS problem didnt occur to me with this FLB version.

It is very simple to downgrade to stock 1.5, just flash Time Machine (this is an UPDATA.APP similar to the official ROMs, you find it here in this forum, or if you need it, anyone will send it to you), then you flash December Update, the official T-Mobile stock rom. Thats all. Takes ten minutes.

Guest Azurren

I think vibrate works perfectly now..

SmS is still a problem, 3g should work if you have a T-Mobile Pulse / U8220.

As for force closes and freezes they are very rare and should never happen while the phone is sleeping (Alarm should be fine)

Guest AnDroidNooB
I think vibrate works perfectly now..

SmS is still a problem, 3g should work if you have a T-Mobile Pulse / U8220.

As for force closes and freezes they are very rare and should never happen while the phone is sleeping (Alarm should be fine)

so whats the problem with sms that people keep talking about?.. you can't not receive text messages? :)

Guest solongmarriane
so whats the problem with sms that people keep talking about?.. you can't not receive text messages? :)

I only had problems with SMS receiving with R3 of FLB-MOD, but, yes, back then it was incoming messages goign missing I think. Now it seems fine for me with both with standard SMS app and Handcent.

Now when I don't get messages its just because I have no friends :D

Guest AnDroidNooB
I only had problems with SMS receiving with R3 of FLB-MOD, but, yes, back then it was incoming messages goign missing I think. Now it seems fine for me with both with standard SMS app and Handcent.

Now when I don't get messages its just because I have no friends :)

so the 2.1 FLB MOD R5 that you now have has no problem with incoming messages? so what problems does it have... be honest :D :P

Guest solongmarriane
so the 2.1 FLB MOD R5 that you now have has no problem with incoming messages? so what problems does it have... be honest :) :D

Everything I need works fine on 2.1 FLB MOD R5. The only issue I have is every now and then (once every day or two) the phone will either reboot or freeze. When it freezes the screen is blank, but buttons seem to be working (leds still light up). Only way out is to pop it open and pull battery out and back in.

Guest SaladOA
Everything I need works fine on 2.1 FLB MOD R5. The only issue I have is every now and then (once every day or two) the phone will either reboot or freeze. When it freezes the screen is blank, but buttons seem to be working (leds still light up). Only way out is to pop it open and pull battery out and back in.

So what's repairing the Dalvik cache like? A2SD would be a necessity for me, so if the Dalvik repair is as simple as pressing a button every time I boot up the phone after a lockup, I may well take the plunge. However, if I need to boot in to recovery, go through a bunch of commands etc, I might still give it a miss.

Guest Sh4d0w940
So what's repairing the Dalvik cache like? A2SD would be a necessity for me, so if the Dalvik repair is as simple as pressing a button every time I boot up the phone after a lockup, I may well take the plunge. However, if I need to boot in to recovery, go through a bunch of commands etc, I might still give it a miss.

You don't need to go into recovery, the 2.1 roms repair the cache at boot.

However, if I read this post:

I wouldn't recommend an 2.1 rom for you, I've used most of them and with your usage pattern it won't be a nice experience.

The more you use it, the more fc's/reboots you will have and you will have problems with sms for sure.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Azurren

Note that if you use and 2.1 rom (Official update included) you will NOT receive all text messages sent to you :)

That is the SmS problem :D

Guest AnDroidNooB
Note that if you use and 2.1 rom (Official update included) you will NOT receive all text messages sent to you :)

That is the SmS problem :D

what about the official 2.1 software?

and whats the best software out then? isnt there some kind of i.5 that has 2.1 features or something?

Guest gusthy
what about the official 2.1 software?

and whats the best software out then? isnt there some kind of i.5 that has 2.1 features or something?

Hi, noom!

The best rom is defimitely flb.

for me with that rom sms problem did not occur yet.

Guest solongmarriane
Hi, noom!

The best rom is defimitely flb.

for me with that rom sms problem did not occur yet.

Same here. SMS working fine. No probs.

Guest Azurren
Same here. SMS working fine. No probs.

Well, the only way you find out otherwise is when your better half has a go at you for not doing what she asked :)

Guest BigBearMDC
Well, the only way you find out otherwise is when your better half has a go at you for not doing what she asked :D

Wow, so that's why she was angry at me :)

I have to say I never had problems with receiving SMSs, but its difficult to say because how do you realise you missed a SMS...

Guest solongmarriane
Wow, so that's why she was angry at me :P

I have to say I never had problems with receiving SMSs, but its difficult to say because how do you realise you missed a SMS...

LOL That's exactly what I was thinking this morning when I posted. :P

because there was a problem with SMS I've been careful to check with anyone likely to txt me and made sure I haven't missed any. I was expecting 2 replies at the weeknd and when I didn't get them I immediately blamed the phone. :D Turns out one didn't bother to reply and the other forgot to press send and left it in his drafts folder B)

So nothing missing (that I know about :) )

Guest DanWilson
guys what is an AMON recovery?

Amon-RA custom recovery image? It seems we have a lot to drill into your skull...

Na, it's just a little menu thing that lets you flash signed zips, do a backup of the entire phone, wipe the phones memory, partition the SD card, and mess with me by pressing the damn trackball button twice! Seriously it's so hard to confirm things!

Guest AnDroidNooB
Amon-RA custom recovery image? It seems we have a lot to drill into your skull...

Na, it's just a little menu thing that lets you flash signed zips, do a backup of the entire phone, wipe the phones memory, partition the SD card, and mess with me by pressing the damn trackball button twice! Seriously it's so hard to confirm things!

oooh i think i no what your talking about its that black and red screen with white writing right?