Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.4

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Good question, another like this is - what if author updates the version of the pulse mini image, would it matter, or we would need to rename the image we have to fit the name of official file?

You can update ROM Manager. Hopefully when the Pulse Mini image is updated there will be an official Pulse image also. I've told the author what he needs to do to make the pulse mini recovery work on our pulses.

Flibble, I just installed Clockwork Recovery it looks good, but just to be clear, It's the same thing as Amon-RA right but from inside Android?

Could this thing do OTA updates?

Guest Simon O
Flibble, I just installed Clockwork Recovery it looks good, but just to be clear, It's the same thing as Amon-RA right but from inside Android?

Could this thing do OTA updates?

It is pretty similar to amon_ra but easier to use. I can do OTA updates but I need to have this enabled by the author.

It is pretty similar to amon_ra but easier to use. I can do OTA updates but I need to have this enabled by the author.

Is this something we can look forward to in the near future? :(

Guest Simon O
when i use rom manager do i back up then wipe ? also wat happens to ap2sd and my music and images in my memcard

Anything stored on the SD will stay on the SD. If you tell rommanager to backup then wipe it'll backup everything including a2sd.

Yesterday i tried installing this recovery, but ran into some problems namely the RomManager app downloaded the pulse mini recovery (i think) and flashed that one which stopped touchpad from working and probably some other things aswell. Which prevented me from trying to reflash it again cause without touchpad apps tend to be harder to use :(

So i flashed the amon-ra recovery and reapplied the rom, this made everything work again.

then I fixed the clockwork recovery by installing the new version of RomManager from the market, and unzipping the recovery provided by fibble to the map "clockworkmod" aswell as extracting it to the root dir.

So in short i had on the root of my sdcard a dir: "download" a file "report.log" and a dir clockworkmod which contained the download and report file. One of them must be wrong but it's working now so i'll let it be :( Nor do i know if installing the other app from the market did the trick but this is how it worked for me.

I hope i helps someone..

scratch that it still does not work... ;< touchpad messes up after reboot

Edited by Xeli

Guest Simon O
Yesterday i tried installing this recovery, but ran into some problems namely the RomManager app downloaded the pulse mini recovery (i think) and flashed that one which stopped touchpad from working and probably some other things aswell. Which prevented me from trying to reflash it again cause without touchpad apps tend to be harder to use :(

So i flashed the amon-ra recovery and reapplied the rom, this made everything work again.

then I fixed the clockwork recovery by installing the new version of RomManager from the market, and unzipping the recovery provided by fibble to the map "clockworkmod" aswell as extracting it to the root dir.

So in short i had on the root of my sdcard a dir: "download" a file "report.log" and a dir clockworkmod which contained the download and report file. One of them must be wrong but it's working now so i'll let it be :( Nor do i know if installing the other app from the market did the trick but this is how it worked for me.

I hope i helps someone..

scratch that it still does not work... ;< touchpad messes up after reboot

it's not the recovery causing the problem. Did you install the Tre version of the rom or the TMO version?

Guest biron_w

I installed this with the instructions but now I can't boot into recovery. I just get stuck on the t-mobile logo screen :(

Edit. I just unzipped the folder and then installed it and it worked :(

Edited by biron_w

Guest harrise

After installing clockwork recovery and 1.2., Amon-ra recovery doesn't work. It just freeze on t-mobile logo.

Any clue what is the reason ?

Thank you

Guest rikkiej

Because you tried to install the clockwork recovery amon ra offcoarse will be gone witch was the purpose of the new recovery!

I had a similar problem, it was resolved by making sure the recovery image was in the right directory as stated by fibblesan. After reflasing the recovery trough ROM manager pressing menu + red end key got me to the clockwork recovery

Guest naniteboy

No answer in section for problems, so I reflashed 1.2 TRE version - but before that I flashed Clockwork Recovery (no problems here) and flashed ROM via ROM Manager.

Now I only have one question - there is an option Fix permissions in CR - is it wise/needed to start it or not? :(

Guest Simon O
No answer in section for problems, so I reflashed 1.2 TRE version - but before that I flashed Clockwork Recovery (no problems here) and flashed ROM via ROM Manager.

Now I only have one question - there is an option Fix permissions in CR - is it wise/needed to start it or not? :(

probably not wise to use it unless you have constant force closes due to incorrect permissions. I've had it lose my installed apps once by running the fix permissions.

Guest Pakatus

Hi,

I'm following your work arround here...and specially this one.

Clockwork recovery seems nice and all...but i have just a little question.

1 - From what i heard, this works way better than Amon-RA cause it automatizes the backup-flash-wipe process and it can flash directly from Android, without need to go through recovery.

However, Amon-ra provides a safety when phone isnt able to boot into Android. The 3 button press and we're ok to restore/flash/wipe process.

With Clockwork Recovery we have a similar procedure? Going to recovery without booting to Android? Its the same button presses?

Sorry about the noobish questions, but i'm still quite new to Android.

BTW: Have a u8230 with your FLB 1.2 Tre ....

Thank you.

Guest DanWilson
Hi,

I'm following your work arround here...and specially this one.

Clockwork recovery seems nice and all...but i have just a little question.

1 - From what i heard, this works way better than Amon-RA cause it automatizes the backup-flash-wipe process and it can flash directly from Android, without need to go through recovery.

However, Amon-ra provides a safety when phone isnt able to boot into Android. The 3 button press and we're ok to restore/flash/wipe process.

With Clockwork Recovery we have a similar procedure? Going to recovery without booting to Android? Its the same button presses?

Sorry about the noobish questions, but i'm still quite new to Android.

BTW: Have a u8230 with your FLB 1.2 Tre ....

Thank you.

Yup, if there was any other recoveries on the Pulse at all (not that there are alternatives to AMON-RA and Clockwork) it'd be the same button press. The button combo just boots whatever is in the recovery partition.

Random but - do you think you could do this?

Real boot partition contents =(to)= Recovery partition

Real recovery partition contents =(to)= Boot partition.

So when we hold the key combo, the phone boots and when you don't, the phone boots into recovery. Thieve protection!

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Pakatus

I followed instructions and i have the folders

clockworkmod/download/

clockworkmod/report.log

however when i press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it returns "Error while downloadinng from server...."

It seems he isnt "seeing" the "download" folder and it requires a connection to make a new download.

Can i connect it?

Is it safe?

PS: Apn is obviously disconnected.

Guest Simon O
I followed instructions and i have the folders

clockworkmod/download/

clockworkmod/report.log

however when i press "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" it returns "Error while downloadinng from server...."

It seems he isnt "seeing" the "download" folder and it requires a connection to make a new download.

Can i connect it?

Is it safe?

PS: Apn is obviously disconnected.

Yes, it needs to connect to internet first to download the list of recoveries. it will then flash the image already on SD.

Guest fredewis

hi i got a problem using this i followed the steps it work fine but then i tried using the flashing 1.2 tre and it went to the tmobile logo then booted up normaly but never install the rom and went back to 1.0 like it was befor i then click on rom manager it said (broken) recovery . so i tryed again and same

Guest fredewis

lol flb i have a huge problem wel dont know wa to do i followed the steps like you said to do the clockwork recovery i tryed installing the 1.2 tre and it when from the tmob logo then it when on it again and started normaly and got no update as i when back to rom manager it said "recovery failure .recovery mode is "broken" rom manager dosent reboot" other"?dont know wats wrong hope you can help.

Guest Simon O

ClockWorkMod Recovery 2.5.0.4 officially released for the Pulse! Download ROMManager and click "Install Recovery" and select "Huawei Pulse" from the list.

Guest Simon O
lol flb i have a huge problem wel dont know wa to do i followed the steps like you said to do the clockwork recovery i tryed installing the 1.2 tre and it when from the tmob logo then it when on it again and started normaly and got no update as i when back to rom manager it said "recovery failure .recovery mode is "broken" rom manager dosent reboot" other"?dont know wats wrong hope you can help.

Allow ROMManager to check for updates and flash the Huawei Pulse recovery that it provides to you.

ClockWorkMod Recovery 2.5.0.4 officially released for the Pulse! Download ROMManager and click "Install Recovery" and select "Huawei Pulse" from the list.

So what does this mean?

What can we do with this?

Excuse my noobness! :)

Edited by Guest