MCR r8 development archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Attitudes
The main goal (for me) to use Android contacts app, is to view and sort contacts by FAMILY name. It is NOT working here. Still sortting by first name. Can you please look around why? We are (in my country) using names as Family name first, given name 2nd.

Other: How can I get Titanium Backup enhanced version?

Go to the "Plus Lounge" there u can get your free license, also a free license for WaveSecure (stupid me payed for both of them before i saw we got it for free )

Guest tk1978
Go to the "Plus Lounge" there u can get your free license, also a free license for WaveSecure (stupid me payed for both of them before i saw we got it for free )

ok...stupid question, where the hell is the plus lounge??

thx!

Guest Attitudes
ok...stupid question, where the hell is the plus lounge??

thx!

Go to the bottom of the page in the "roll down" menu and pick under "Modaco" -- The Plus Lounge :(

Guest dezmo

:( Thanks!

Guest Diggedy

ive found a bug.

from a fresh install when going through the setup process, as you get to the part where you enter your google email you get a force close message for com.htc.bgp. I dont know what this is and I havent noticed anything not working yet but I tried another wipe and it came up again the second time

Guest Attitudes

After a short while of testing, I have only run'ed into one minor issue on R6:

- "Reboot into Recovery" from Rom Manager failes, need to do it several times before it reboots in to recovery. (more likely a problem with Rom Manager than R6 tho :( )

Everything runs smooth so far!

Greate job as always Paul!

Guest le_lutin
what about hebrew fonts?

are they always included or there are none for froyo?

This has been asked and answered. Do a search.

Guest FatherD

Excellent work as always Paul, I think the trackball wake is missing .. or something, but no great problems. I did a full wipe before installing r6, this seems to have solved the 'usb choose' issue over on the r5 post. Only other option I would like to see is the circle battery mod, but I always keep a zip backed up :(

My gorgeous woman commented that battery life seems a bit worse for her, she has moved up from r21 :(

Guest vvaleta28
Excellent work as always Paul, I think the trackball wake is missing .. or something, but no great problems. I did a full wipe before installing r6, this seems to have solved the 'usb choose' issue over on the r5 post. Only other option I would like to see is the circle battery mod, but I always keep a zip backed up :(

My gorgeous woman commented that battery life seems a bit worse for her, she has moved up from r21 :(

i did no wipe cming from r5 and mine its not solved :P seems u need it to fix usb choose problem

Guest Stefan4711
Go to the bottom of the page in the "roll down" menu and pick under "Modaco" -- The Plus Lounge :(

Hmm.. Were do you mean? In the Titanium Backup application or on this website???? Ca you please be a little more precise?

Guest Attitudes
It is not true, no HTC sync

From the latest R5 releases and now with this R6 i have HTC Sync on my phone......... Anyone else not having HTC sync??

Guest Attitudes
Hmm.. Were do you mean? In the Titanium Backup application or on this website???? Ca you please be a little more precise?

On this site, down on your right u have a "pull down" menu where u can chose The Plus Lounge.

Hope it helped? :(

Guest crisdo98

Unless you're a Plus member you won't be able to use the lounge. I believe it's another £20 per year on top of the AdFree member account.

Edited by crisdo98

Guest Attitudes
Unless you're a Plus member you won't be able to use the lounge. I believe it's another £20 per year on top of the AdFree member account.

True, I also said that in my first comment about the license :(

Guest Stefan4711
On this site, down on your right u have a "pull down" menu where u can chose The Plus Lounge.

Hope it helped? :(

Thanks. That helped.

Guest nirrub

No auto-sync for more than one gmail account.

As in r5, multiple gmail accounts don't get auto-synced (only the default gmail you enter during setup does). Manual sync works.

btw, I tried several other roms out there(all of them that are Froyo-sense based) and all of them have this bug. Maybe a bug in the froyo-sense leak? Haven't tried non-sense froyo roms (as I love sense :( ) but its a real problem for us gmail-work-and-private-mail guys.