FLB-Mod 1.1 & 1.2 problems

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
i have no lockscreen...

Hm, strange. If you press the power button once so the screen goes off, then press any key, do you get lockscreen?

Guest stealthstealer
Hm, strange. If you press the power button once so the screen goes off, then press any key, do you get lockscreen?

no, the screen just unlocks. It's a strange problem, i think it's only affecting me :( don't think i can be bothered to reflash to solve for now. Weeeeird haha

Edited by stealthstealer

Guest Simon O
after import of stored contacts via contact manager -> from SD card, they no appear under 'contacts'

Where do they appear, or do they just not show at all? Have you checked the display options on the "menu" key to make sure the groups are showing?

1) Phone type: T-mobile pulse

2) Which Official 2.1 ROM did you flash (T-Mobile, Tre, other)

T-Mobile

edit> oh I forgot> FLB-mod 1.2 (TRE) ->worked great and wouldn't change it even if that was the problem :(

2a) If flashed T-Mobile did you flash custom_hu

Don't remember actually.

3) Did you do a full wipe before installing? (yes/no)

Yep.

4) Did you use any restore apps like Titanium Backup? (yes/no)

Nope.

5) Are you using A2SD? (yes/no)

Yep.

5a) If yes, do you have dalvik on SD?

Yep.

6) Problem with the rom in detail:

The touch goes fuzzy. Pressing on 1 point and it gives me as pressed the opposite.

After a restart it gave me the same thing.

Killing all the apps, again the same thing.

After leaving it for a while the problem goes away.

But after another while :( it comes back... And so on.

Edited by D-D-

Guest milun

1) Phone type: T-mobile pulse

T-Mobile hu, 1.2 tre

Don't remember actually.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

why didn't put rmb2 dialer

Guest Simon O

why didn't put rmb2 dialer

It's available on the first page. Flash after you flash the rom. If you have already booted then flashing it will cause boot loops.

Guest goce.nakov
It's available on the first page. Flash after you flash the rom. If you have already booted then flashing it will cause boot loops.

He can do buy manually pushing apk's to the phone...then launch "dialer.apk" from the inside (wait for the install),reboot in recovery, wipe dalvik, reboot phone....done

Guest Simon O
He can do buy manually pushing apk's to the phone...then launch "dialer.apk" from the inside (wait for the install),reboot in recovery, wipe dalvik, reboot phone....done

No dialer.apk though. It's Contacts, ContactsProvider and Phone. The app needed is Contacts but if you push this to the phone it will cause constant force closes. Tried it myself.

Guest goce.nakov
No dialer.apk though. It's Contacts, ContactsProvider and Phone. The app needed is Contacts but if you push this to the phone it will cause constant force closes. Tried it myself.

miss typo...I mean Phone.apk.......I know about force closes.....reboot the phone in to recovery and wipe only Dalvik then when phone boot's up...run Phone.apk from the system/aps and wait for the install then it should work.. at least it worked back in the days.

Guest Simon O
miss typo...I mean Phone.apk.......I know about force closes.....reboot the phone in to recovery and wipe only Dalvik then when phone boot's up...run Phone.apk from the system/aps and wait for the install then it should work.. at least it worked back in the days.

Oh, didn't know that :(

Guest jekin77
Where do they appear, or do they just not show at all? Have you checked the display options on the "menu" key to make sure the groups are showing?

"they just not show at all"

in display options i don't have any choice of groups , only "Phone contacts" and "SIM contacts" to check. By chose all of them or one - no difference

and i can add any new contacts too :(

Edited by jekin77

Guest Simon O

Ok a few people having issues with contacts (why do I never see these myself? Maybe I'm a crap tester...)

Flash the "HuaweiContacts.zip" to your phone from recovery then reboot. The boot will take time to rebuild caches. This is needed due to the different Contacts applications using different data files and a straight copy will cause boot loops. Thanks to goce.nakov for the information.

UPDATE: contacts sorting is broken if you do this.. looking for fix.

UPDATE 2: Fixed. Flash as normal. Contacts will need to be synced or added again.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Azurren

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse

Tmobile Hungary

No

Yes

No

No

No

Google Talk keeps shutting down / strange crash. Appears as offline to everyone, when you start the app it displays your friend list grayed out with some messed up graphics at the top. Happens a lot after using the browser (The talk service shouldn't be ended)

Not the same as being offline

:(

Edited by Azurren

Guest Stevos

1) Phone type:

T-Mobile Pulse UK

Tmobile Hungary

No

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Using FLB 1.2 (tre) & Clockwork +Rom manager - Looking generally very good, however the logging / logcat is still disabled by default in the kernel. It needs to be enabled with the following to be useful to app developers:

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/logger/log_main/enable

echo 2 >/sys/kernel/logger/log_main/priority

Would it be possible to add these to appropriate scripts so it's done on install? I'm not sure if there is much of a downside to enabling logging, I wouldn't have thought there would be much performance / resource hit.

Guest meinnit
]Would it be possible to add these to appropriate scripts so it's done on install? I'm not sure if there is much of a downside to enabling logging, I wouldn't have thought there would be much performance / resource hit.

Are you sure about this? Debug logging does usually affect performance. Is this normally enabled by default?

Guest Stevos
Are you sure about this? Debug logging does usually affect performance. Is this normally enabled by default?

No I'm not absolutely sure about the performance issues, but it is a standard feature of the platform, and in all pre-2.1 official and community ROMs it was enabled as far as I know, and should be by default.

I haven't heard of it being considerd a problem for performance. It's used somewhat for system events, but mainly for application tracing and debugging (which probably shouldn't make it into production software except for events that need to be logged.)

Since the leaked 2.1 and the Hungarian one, the kernel has had logging disabled for unknown reasons. Personally I suspect the logging was turned off by Huawei to hide all the memory panic errors being logged :), and since the same kernel has been reused since then it has perpetuated. I don't know though. Disabled logging does not appear to be normal or desirable, especially on a beta / WIP rom.

At any rate, perhaps a custom script can be added so people can more easily add it without having to fiddle with adb and remember how to enable it. Without it being enabled, logcat just fails silently with no clue as to what's wrong.

Guest jekin77
Ok a few people having issues with contacts (why do I never see these myself? Maybe I'm a crap tester...)

Flash the "HuaweiContacts.zip" to your phone from recovery then reboot. The boot will take time to rebuild caches. This is needed due to the different Contacts applications using different data files and a straight copy will cause boot loops. Thanks to goce.nakov for the information.

UPDATE: contacts sorting is broken if you do this.. looking for fix.

UPDATE 2: Fixed. Flash as normal. Contacts will need to be synced or added again.

@flibblesan

It's impossible to flash "HuaweiContacts.zip", got the error message - can't open "HuaweiContacts.zip"(bad) :)

used Clockwork Recovery

i have checked the ZIP file - so CRC Checksum error -> "META-INF\MANIFEST.MF" is corupted

can you rebuild package and and reupload , thanks

Edited by jekin77

Guest Simon O
@flibblesan

It's impossible to flash "HuaweiContacts.zip", got the error message - can't open "HuaweiContacts.zip"(bad) :)

used Clockwork Recovery

i have checked the ZIP file - so CRC Checksum error -> "META-INF\MANIFEST.MF" is corupted

can you rebuild package and and reupload , thanks

I upload again. Maybe it become corrupt somehow.

Guest Gonçalo Silva

Using FLB 2.1, I find that ADW reloads very frequently, although there's a lot of free RAM (50/60MB minimum).

Is this normal? Has it something to do with the Android's memory "collection" agressiveness?

Guest Daz555

You can set ADW to be persistent (settings>system preferences>system persistent) but I found it to cause system hangs. Still worth a try for others though.

Guest jlgmax

Ive just flashed the TRE 2.1 FLB ROM. Everything seems to be working fine and the phone feels a bit faster than 1.1 - especially when texting quickly on the HTC keyboard. The only problem Im having is that "My Location" doesnt seem to work. Fancy widget for example has been unable to pick up my location for the last few hours.

I went from 1.7MCR to T Mob Hungary 2.1, then the Ocilation ROM, then most of the FLB ROM updates since Beta 5.

Thanks.

Guest Gonçalo Silva

Sorry if my last post was so short, it was very late and I was on my phone... Ok, now using the official format :-)

I'm on FLB 1.2.

1) Phone type:

Huawei U8230

Tried with Tmo, Tre, and TMN.

No

Yes

Yes, Titanium Backup

No

I have 2 main issues, described below.

1. ADW reloads

ADW reloads very often when going back to the home screen. This is odd since I've never seen the available memory below 50/60MB (my phone has a bit more RAM than most of U8230, luckily). I've already played with ADW's caching and persistence options but no go, it still reloads itself frequently. Maybe this is related with the memory "collection" aggressiveness?

2. "Remember choice" on Superuser permissions not working

Every time I reboot my phone, I need to explicitly give root permissions all over again (to Titanium Backup, Set CPU, Pulse Lights, etc). Although apps are allowed inside Superuser, if I kill one of them and start it again, it will ask for permissions again (not caring if I told it to remember my choice).

Any ideas to solve these issues?

Thanks!

PS. Loving FLB 2.1 :-D