[ROM] LS 2.1.4 - Only the best for your Liquid! Eclair 2/9/10

Guest LSteam

Guest bbpoux

Hi,

I Switch from LCR 1.8 to LS 2.1.3 and ... I found this ROM really better, Wifi work fine (tethering also).

The LCR is a little bit speeder but i prefer LS-ROM.

Very Good jobs, continu in that way.

Guest Musabadiane
Hi,

I Switch from LCR 1.8 to LS 2.1.3 and ... I found this ROM really better, Wifi work fine (tethering also).

Me I switch from LS 2.1.3 to LCR 1.8 and it seems more stable and faster. I have no more problem with wifi, it wake up quick after deep spleep, but I have always google maps force close that seems to be resolve since I disable localisation. Does anyone have the same problem?

In any case, thank you for you work, maybe I will switch again when I new update will be release.

Edited by Musabadiane

Guest LSteam
Can some one give me a default theme for LS2.1, I changed it to default one and now I cant switch back to built-in one.

Thanks

hi, is smoked_glass in LSsettings

Hi,

thanks :huh: LCR is LITTLE bit faster because has very less app; if you prefer speed and not a lot of useful app just WIPE AFTER THE FLASH ;)

LSteam: does your ROM have the 1.25v mod? (or whatever the voltage is to consume less :D)

no, 1.25v make phone VERY SLOWER... my phone can stay on up to 2.5 days with 5h wifi connection and 300/400 SMSs...

Me I switch from LS 2.1.3 to LCR 1.8 and it seems more stable and faster. I have no more problem with wifi, it wake up quick after deep spleep, but I have always google maps force close that seems to be resolve since I disable localisation. Does anyone have the same problem?

In any case, thank you for you work, maybe I will switch again when I new update will be release.

see up... : LCR is LITTLE bit faster because has very less app; if you prefer speed and not a lot of useful app just WIPE AFTER THE FLASH :( (for wifi... install 2.1.3 patch and you will have not problems :D )

no, 1.25v make phone VERY SLOWER... my phone can stay on up to 2.5 days with 5h wifi connection and 300/400 SMSs...

How can you manage that?

After 2:30h ON, with 1 boot (it charged turned off) + sent/received 5 MMS + 5 SMS + 2min call + play 10min with LauncherPRO and Fancy Widget + 5min of WIFI internet + nothing unusual running (2G only, screen at 20%, LS 2.1.3) = 88% battery (?????) is this normal?

By my calcs battery -at this rate- will last around 20h. This only texting and moving the UI!!!

Can my phone be damaged?

Edited by mmick

Guest LSteam

no... just not all battery are the same...

anyway... i think 20h with wifi, mms, sms, boot and phone always on (not standby) is a very good result...

no... just not all battery are the same...

anyway... i think 20h with wifi, mms, sms, boot and phone always on (not standby) is a very good result...

Not all battery are the same? How can that be if the phone is the same?

20h with all that ON at the same time, I wish! :huh: 20h with, what I said before, each 2.30h (with that kind of use -6 MMS and 6 SMS, 5min wifi, etc- each 2.30h). At that rate in 20h the battery is gone! Too little I´m affraid... ;)

Guest bbpoux

HI,

How can i activate Ramzswap ???

I create 512 M of memory in malez recovery to use it, but i don't know how to activate it (There is nothing in LS Setting)

Thanks

HI,

How can i activate Ramzswap ???

I create 512 M of memory in malez recovery to use it, but i don't know how to activate it (There is nothing in LS Setting)

Thanks

Ramzswap uses...RAM and not the SD card so that "512 M of memory" is useless. I think LS 2.1 uses phone swap, LCR for example uses Ramzwap.

You can set swap to ZERO, ext to 256 or 512 (512 is more than enough) and the rest to the FAT. SD is slower so swap should stay on the phone or on RAM. I installed LCR 1.8.0.1 patch 1 last night (I had LS 2.1) and I must say that despite graphically being inferior to LS2.1 and despite not having the great LS Settings app, ao much extra apps (though still has most of them and has the most important too like Launcher Pro, etc) it is faster and that extra speed is quite noticable...

About LS 2.1 vs. LCR 1.8.0.1:

- the mentioned extra speed on LCR

- I also had a problem with NDRIVE downloading maps: on LS 2.1 patch 3 the phone freezed after 45min (+-), with LCR 1.8.0.1 I had no problems.

- LS 2.1 (with all respect) seems a little too overcooked and that makes the phone use more CPU and, strangely, load more apps into the memory. In return spends a little more battery and it is a little more unstable (when I reboot sometimes it freezes and I have to take the battery out).

Notice that I have installed LS 2.1 about 4-5x and I even changed between .09 and .39 Acer FW to see if something would change.

Conclusion:

I love LS optimizations and this ROM is very good but IMO it´s somewhat "heavy". I would rather focus on creating a lighter and faster ROM with Ramzswap and leave (a lot) more optional apps on the SD so the final user could choose for himself. ATM this ROM has too much apps installed by default, at least for me. If I may suggest, "LS Settings" could suffer an upgrade where we could be presented with a menu with those "extra" apps to be installed, example: ROM would be lighter with only no Titanium backup, no SetCPU, etc etc and be with Launcher PRO + Acer call and Acer SMS; then on LS Settings we can be given the option to install Titanium, ChompSMS or another, SetCPU, etc etc.

LSteam, these are only my personal ideas, I hope I have contributed and helped you in some way and I apreciate all your work. I hope you don´t get me wrong and I´m looking forward to install another ROM of yours (and contribute €€€ too).

Cheers

Guest luvandroid
Ramzswap uses...RAM and not the SD card so that "512 M of memory" is useless. I think LS 2.1 uses phone swap, LCR for example uses Ramzwap.

You can set swap to ZERO, ext to 256 or 512 (512 is more than enough) and the rest to the FAT. SD is slower so swap should stay on the phone or on RAM. I installed LCR 1.8.0.1 patch 1 last night (I had LS 2.1) and I must say that despite graphically being inferior to LS2.1 and despite not having the great LS Settings app, ao much extra apps (though still has most of them and has the most important too like Launcher Pro, etc) it is faster and that extra speed is quite noticable...

About LS 2.1 vs. LCR 1.8.0.1:

- the mentioned extra speed on LCR

- I also had a problem with NDRIVE downloading maps: on LS 2.1 patch 3 the phone freezed after 45min (+-), with LCR 1.8.0.1 I had no problems.

- LS 2.1 (with all respect) seems a little too overcooked and that makes the phone use more CPU and, strangely, load more apps into the memory. In return spends a little more battery and it is a little more unstable (when I reboot sometimes it freezes and I have to take the battery out).

Notice that I have installed LS 2.1 about 4-5x and I even changed between .09 and .39 Acer FW to see if something would change.

Conclusion:

I love LS optimizations and this ROM is very good but IMO it´s somewhat "heavy". I would rather focus on creating a lighter and faster ROM with Ramzswap and leave (a lot) more optional apps on the SD so the final user could choose for himself. ATM this ROM has too much apps installed by default, at least for me. If I may suggest, "LS Settings" could suffer an upgrade where we could be presented with a menu with those "extra" apps to be installed, example: ROM would be lighter with only no Titanium backup, no SetCPU, etc etc and be with Launcher PRO + Acer call and Acer SMS; then on LS Settings we can be given the option to install Titanium, ChompSMS or another, SetCPU, etc etc.

LSteam, these are only my personal ideas, I hope I have contributed and helped you in some way and I apreciate all your work. I hope you don´t get me wrong and I´m looking forward to install another ROM of yours (and contribute €€€ too).

Cheers

Hi Mmick ... i am newbie at android world ... and i dont know what ramzwap is ...

Do u know Link that explain about it? I used liquid e with lcr ...

Hi Mmick ... i am newbie at android world ... and i dont know what ramzwap is ...

Do u know Link that explain about it? I used liquid e with lcr ...

AFAIK swap file(s) (cache, etc) stored on RAM and not on the phones flash memory. This uses less battery (RAM uses less) and faster (RAM is faster). Of course if there are real benefits I have no clue.

I wish someone would release a ROM with the same MHz (256 - 768) and real speed but at a lower voltage to save battery... In theory if voltage was set at 1.25v vs. 1.30v and stable, we could have more 4% battery which, for "free", are 4% :huh:

Guest luvandroid
AFAIK swap file(s) (cache, etc) stored on RAM and not on the phones flash memory. This uses less battery (RAM uses less) and faster (RAM is faster). Of course if there are real benefits I have no clue.

I wish someone would release a ROM with the same MHz (256 - 768) and real speed but at a lower voltage to save battery... In theory if voltage was set at 1.25v vs. 1.30v and stable, we could have more 4% battery which, for "free", are 4% :huh:

OIC, thx u so much ;)

Very Informative ...

Android is very new to me, so ... well lets learn together :(

Finally, I got my liquid repaired......orz||||||

I just want to say that DO NOT try to replace the LCD screen yourself!!!!

The case of the liquid is very hard to disamble, and the ribbon connections of the LCD screen and the touch screen get damaged very easily!!!

I got two ribbon connections plugged in, but the LCD screen had no backlight...orzlllll

After retrying several times, the touch screen got no working too!!!

I think I got those connections damaged......orzllll

DON'T SAVE the money to send your liquid to the factory repairs, or you'll SPEND MORE!!! ......orzllll

Ok, returning to the subject.

I got the messages sending immediately and normally by reflashing the LS Rom.

Thanks to the LS team.

But there is another question; I want to use the news and the weather widget provided by Google.

How can I install it? I got the message, " the app is not installed", all the time.

Would you please help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

hi :huh:

have you tried to download it from maker?

if yes... tell me the EXACT name of the app and i will find it for you ;)

Sorry I should get the apk file uploaded.

Here you are.

I copied that file from the system directory.

I don't like the older camera app on android, and LCR 1.8 didn't fix that, so I copied the new version from LCR 1.7, and replaced it for the older version.

However, I can't do the same things in LS Rom.

While l try to do that, I'll get the failure massage that I said before.

after i got this work, LS rom would be really perfect to me.

Thanks for developing this ROM, and thanks for helping me.

GenieWidget.zip

Edited by Freyr

Sorry I should get the apk file uploaded.

Here you are.

I copied that file from the system directory.

I don't like the older camera app on android, and LCR 1.8 didn't fix that, so I copied the new version from LCR 1.7, and replaced it for the older version.

However, I can't do the same things in LS Rom.

While l try to do that, I'll get the failure massage that I said before.

after i got this work, LS rom would be really perfect to me.

Thanks for developing this ROM, and thanks for helping me.

sorry, again. i forgot most forums only accept zip file and jpg file...etc, and did no notice that uploading was failed......orz||||

i upload the apk file both in the last post and this one.

i wish there is a solution to use the google news and weather app, thanks a lot.

GenieWidget.zip

Edited by Freyr

Guest tc4101

hi, i am using the OC 998 rom... i am getting alot of random reboots, mainly when i am browing a webpage.... u think this is the OC related? whats the best way to go to the lower one down? do i just flash the lower OC speed the 920?

or do i have to goto the original speed first (768) then go to the 920?

LS which OC do u recommend?

Edited by tc4101

hi, i am using the OC 998 rom... i am getting alot of random reboots, mainly when i am browing a webpage.... u think this is the OC related? whats the best way to go to the lower one down? do i just flash the lower OC speed the 920?

AFAIK above 920MHz the phone suffers from random crashes (though there are people reporting stable 998 or even >1Ghz). Speed difference from 920 to 998Mhz is minimal and the phone is stable.

Guest tc4101

tryin 888 now, running pretty cool at <30C

.... even 999 oc i didnt notice much speed diference, but one thing i notice was temps was always hovering around the 35-40deg

hi, new camera app is integrated in the rom... just use LSsettings to switch between the new and the old :huh:

Well... I'm not talking about the camera app.

i said , i could change the system app in the LCR, but not in the LS ROM. :(

What i want to use with LS ROM ,is the Google news and weather app , and which is containing in the original android system , but removed in the LS ROM.

The installing package of the Google news and weather app called " GenieWidget.apk" , which i have uploaded at the post above .

could you do me a favor to check this problem out ?

Thanks a lot . ;)

Guest LSteam

hi :huh: i'm working on a new version based on the last bin...

features:

-wake up fixed

-proximity sensor fixed

-music app fixed

-too many process in task manager fixed

-new version of LSsettings

-the features of the last bin

wait 2/3 days... thanks ;)

Guest Master_T
features:

-wake up fixed

-proximity sensor fixed

-music app fixed

Mmmm, what does this mean? Proximity sensor seems to work for me, music too, and what do you mean by wake-up fixed?

Anyway, waiting eagerly for the new version :huh:

Guest LSteam
Well... I'm not talking about the camera app.

i said , i could change the system app in the LCR, but not in the LS ROM. :(

What i want to use with LS ROM ,is the Google news and weather app , and which is containing in the original android system , but removed in the LS ROM.

The installing package of the Google news and weather app called " GenieWidget.apk" , which i have uploaded at the post above .

could you do me a favor to check this problem out ?

Thanks a lot . ;)

you apk is corrupted...

download this: http://www.androidup.com/wp-content/upload...GenieWidget.zip

copy in your sd and install with estrongs file manager... TESTED :huh: