Goodbye Pulse :(

Guest Thomas55

Guest xarxiusxiii

I'm also leaving the Pulse now, I've found a Galaxy S for £20 a month :D Should be arriving tomorrow...

It was a good introduction to Android, and the custom ROMs and community support is excellent, but I'm left wanting more speed and a better gaming experience. The good thing coming from this phone is, I want another Android handset, and this hasn't put me off Android at all. It's made me want to upgrade to a better phone.

Good luck to everyone still with the Pulse, hope you get the sources for the kernel (or at least get a working Froyo ROM). If I haven't sold my Pulse by then (it should be going up on Amazon soon-ish if anyone wants it) then I might try it out :D

Guest DanWilson

I thank you.

Now it's a race - make £150 / fix Pulse.

If fixing the Pulse takes 7.6 months, and I spend no money, I get a Hero.

If I sell the Pulse for £80 (Hopeful?) it'd take me 3 and a half months. Damn £5 a week ain't good...

Oh wait - it's £160... Well add a bit more onto the time and...

4 Months if the Pulse goes bye bye

8 Months if I keep the Pulse.

Seriously the Hero is old now - MAKE IT CHEAPER!!! I saw used ones on ebay for £200, and the best I saw overall was £140.

Wow, just wow

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Azurren
I thank you.

If I sell the Pulse for £80 (Hopeful?) it'd take me 3 and a half months. Damn £5 a week ain't good...

Seriously the Hero is old now - MAKE IT CHEAPER!!! I saw used ones on ebay for £200, and the best I saw overall was £140.

Wow, just wow

I know what you mean!

The successor to the Hero (HTC Legend) isn't much more :D

Guest stealthstealer
I thank you.

Wow, just wow

check c ex, choose your condition but its from £115 upwards + you get a 12 month warranty

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?sortO...d_which_stock=1

Guest Simon O

T-Mobile will fix it for sure if it's under warranty. If they can't fix it for whatever reason they will give you another Pulse unless they somehow completely sell out. Then you'll get a Pulse Mini :D

Guest Azurren
T-Mobile will fix it for sure if it's under warranty. If they can't fix it for whatever reason they will give you another Pulse unless they somehow completely sell out. Then you'll get a Pulse Mini :D

How exactly is that fair :D

ROARR!!

Guest DanWilson
check c ex, choose your condition but its from £115 upwards + you get a 12 month warranty

http://uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?sortO...d_which_stock=1

Lol

Non-working - We buy non-working phones. Non-working phones must be intact, not crushed or snapped in half.

Is poor condition worth it though? How bad is it?

@Flib - No, NO! ANYTHING BUT THE MINI!! AARRRGGG!!! *Dies from it's smallness and resistive screenness.*

@Azurren - Much more is still too much more until I get more money. I would get the Legend but, you know. I'm £. (No money)

I think I currently have about £2.72 or something, I spent it all. On what, I can't remember...

Guest stealthstealer
Yes, CEX is great. Got my second Pulse from them and it was brand new :D

yeah, but they rip you off on trade-ins, suppose thats how they can sell stuff so cheap.

i was tempted to get a hero for £140 mint condition from my local C ex, then something called FLB beta happened to my pulse ;)

im seriously tempted by the milestone for £225 aswell (im desperate for a physical keyboard), but now the droid 2 came out today in USA im gonna wait for that to make its way onto C ex in poor condition, and as a milestone 2 i think. so ill be here for a while still :D

its the 12 month warranty, even on stuff in terrible condition that makes it better than ebay, and often cheaper

Guest DanWilson
yeah, but they rip you off on trade-ins, suppose thats how they can sell stuff so cheap.

i was tempted to get a hero for £140 mint condition from my local C ex, then something called FLB beta happened to my pulse :D

im seriously tempted by the milestone for £225 aswell (im desperate for a physical keyboard), but now the droid 2 came out today in USA im gonna wait for that to make its way onto C ex in poor condition, and as a milestone 2 i think. so ill be here for a while still :D

its the 12 month warranty, even on stuff in terrible condition that makes it better than ebay, and often cheaper

Lulz. Maybe we could buy the last poor T-Mobile locked one, break the screen, send it back and perhaps get a mint unlocked one. (They run out of stock perhaps)

This whole forum is turning into Conspiracy City.

Guest stealthstealer
Lol

Is poor condition worth it though? How bad is it?

i saw a hero in poor condition at the local shop, the back was a little scratched, but the screen still had a protector on. it was only poor condition because it had no original box or other accesories except for the charger. but it'd be fine for me, just knowing that if it broke in a year i could get my money back

Guest stealthstealer
Lulz. Maybe we could buy the last poor T-Mobile locked one, break the screen, send it back and perhaps get a mint unlocked one. (They run out of stock perhaps)

This whole forum is turning into Conspiracy City.

i think its possible to unlock the hero now...

Edited by stealthstealer

Guest DanWilson
i think its possible to unlock the hero now...

It's possible to unlock almost every phone - I think.

Why did you quote yourself? :D

6 Months for me to buy poor T-Mobile Hero - £115

5 Months for me to buy the same phone buy trade the Pulse in - £76.

Still a bit long when you've no touchscreen :D

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Simon O

Oh another thing about CEX is that you get 12 months warranty on all phones and it's not a repair warranty. If the phone breaks then you take it back and they give you another of the same phone if available or give you a credit note to the same price you paid for your original phone, which you can then spend on another.

So in 11 months time if my Pulse was to accidentally die then I could spend the £88 on a nice Samsung or a HTC or whatever is cheap then :D

Guest Azurren
O RLY? :D

Ya Rly

Fibblesan your really starting to sound like a con man :D

Bad influence.. Stay away from Dan!

Edited by Azurren

Guest DanWilson
Ya Rly

:D

Oh no he didn't!

BTW - Thanks to Flib, I love the Legend. Must change that - cheapest in Amazon is £245. Oh damn.

Bad influence. Lulz. You're too late anyway. I AM A FLIB!! MWAHHAHAHAHA.

Meh.

Edited by DanWilson

Guest DanWilson
Cex want the same amount for a pulse as they do for a hero!

But they won't buy my Pulse for the same as a Hero, meaning I can't do anything.

Guest Azurren

But they won't buy my Pulse for the same as a Hero, meaning I can't do anything.

Shame they won't allow you to do a strait swap :D

Perhaps I'll offer them a fiver

Guest stealthstealer

i got sent a free pulse from t mobile when i changed from unltd texts/internet payg to the 7.50 a month contract, i took the phone straight from the post office to C ex, and they said they'd give me £60!?!??!

sold it on ebay for double, and pointed the guy to this forum, he may be among us today :D

Guest Simon O
i got sent a free pulse from t mobile when i changed from unltd texts/internet payg to the 7.50 a month contract, i took the phone straight from the post office to C ex, and they said they'd give me £60!?!??!

sold it on ebay for double, and pointed the guy to this forum, he may be among us today :D

Definitely not me as I bought my first pulse from ebay for £80 :D

I do love a bargain