04/Aug 2.09.405.8 (Froyo) pre-rooted no hboot / with radio / deodex

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bigdan35
Ah, dang it =P

I'm not a big fan of Sense.

If you're not a fan just use LauncherPro or something mate, it's just as nice as Stock, if not better with a lot more functionalities.

Guest badgerarc

Sorry to be a complete noob, but I take it you must already have a rooted phone to flash this, or will it flash onto an unmodified UK Tmobile Desire?

Guest rkelbert
0.92. Basically, HTC prevent you downgrading hboot, so once you're on 0.92, you can only flash to ROMs with 0.92.

P

Just finished to apply the deodex.

The device stucked on the HTC wellcome screem

R.

Guest gianton
Is it possible to cook the ROM without Sense?

I know that there's an option for it, but will it be the same as a clean Android OS?

+1 on this if it is possible.

Guest Cee-Bot

Anyone who can't decide whether to wait for the kitchen ... its only a few more hours/day. Wouldn't it be annoying if you flash this one then the kitchen comes along a few hours later and you think "ah, I'll reflash" again :-) :)

That said.. I think most of us are flash-a-holics anyway :D

Guest tuatha

Cheers, Paul.

I've got a big favour to ask! If you get a chance, I wonder if you could check if HTC have mucked about with the wi-fi sleep settings in the latest version of sense (compared to the 1.21.405 software)?

Seems like the wi-fi connection is being throttled down when the screen is idle. I noticed it on last.fm... it basically won't work on wi-fi unless the screen is on, otherwise it starts skipping. Works perfectly over 3G.

Tested with a few different streams on tunewiki and it seems that it has difficulty streaming anything over 128kbps while the screen is off.

I rolled back to your 3.1 rom and everything was working perfectly again. I think it might be a Sense bug, rather than an Android 2.2 bug, because I've seen similar bug reports from 2.1 Wildfire users (and they have the same new version of Sense, don't they?).

It's easy to replicate. Just install last.fm, play a radio station and switch the screen off. Songs will skip after a minute or so. Or install tunewiki and pick a station with a stream of 192kbps and switch the screen off. Same thing will happen.

issue doesn't happen when the phone is on charge, btw.

This is driving me nuts so hopefully you or somebody else will be able to fix it :)

Guest le_lutin
Cheers, Paul.

I've got a big favour to ask! If you get a chance, I wonder if you could check if HTC have mucked about with the wi-fi sleep settings in the latest version of sense (compared to the 1.21.405 software)?

Seems like the wi-fi connection is being throttled down when the screen is idle. I noticed it on last.fm... it basically won't work on wi-fi unless the screen is on, otherwise it starts skipping. Works perfectly over 3G.

Tested with a few different streams on tunewiki and it seems that it has difficulty streaming anything over 128kbps while the screen is off.

I rolled back to your 3.1 rom and everything was working perfectly again. I think it might be a Sense bug, rather than an Android 2.2 bug, because I've seen similar bug reports from 2.1 Wildfire users (and they have the same new version of Sense, don't they?).

It's easy to replicate. Just install last.fm, play a radio station and switch the screen off. Songs will skip after a minute or so. Or install tunewiki and pick a station with a stream of 192kbps and switch the screen off. Same thing will happen.

issue doesn't happen when the phone is on charge, btw.

This is driving me nuts so hopefully you or somebody else will be able to fix it :)

Not sure if it's related, but the same happens to me using any sort of browser based streaming - iplayer for example - i'd love to be able to listen to live radio/listen again via the iplayer site, and it does stream fine, but only as long as the screen is on. Same for myspace.

I'm 2.2 MCR R6, by the way.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest tuatha
Not sure if it's related, but the same happens to me using any sort of browser based streaming - iplayer for example - i'd love to be able to listen to live radio/listen again via the iplayer site, and it does stream fine, but only as long as the screen is on. Same for myspace.

I'm 2.2 MCR R6, by the way.

Same issue, I'd imagine. I've had the same problem on every FroYo/Sense rom so far, including R6.

I suspect it's some sort of power saving feature, but it means that any stream of over 128kbps just won't work over wi-fi now (with the screen off, obviously).

Edited by tuatha

Guest manicyaz

Sorry, I have a Noob question. could someone please explain the relevance of with/without deodexed and radio please? I have a none branded rooted desire and am not sure which one to go for.

Thank you!

Edited by manicyaz

Guest merlin051
Sorry, I have a Noob question. could someone please explain the relevance of with/without deodexed and radio please? I have a none branded rooted desire and am not sure which one to go for.

Thank you!

With/Without Radio is used for when a handset might be provider locked, for example, if you upgrade your radio and the handset is locked you might need to buy an unlock code.

As to the de-odexed roms according to pauls earlier reply this is for use with additional themeing that you might want to do to the rom after you have it.

After reading alot of other 2.2 threads I'd reccomend upgrading the radio as i think its needed for certain things to function correctly like the camera/video recorder.

Some people have also had problems with wifi and GPS.

Question for Paul,

I have an orange handset(unlocked via code) and its rooted I installed all of my roms by using a goldcard in the handset at the time, but since I'm at work now and desperate to get this ROM on it, will I be ok to use clockworkmod to flash this rom from a normal sd card?

Guest mniewiera

@manicyaz

im an android rooting newbie too :-)

but as much as i understand this, is that you NEED the new radio for froyo.

the radio is a "update" for the gsm/wifi/3g device in the desire.

(i believe i got better reception now)

the dexed/odexed stuff i dont understand that much,

but i think dexed is "standard" for stock roms.

and you need an odexed rom if you want to use custom themes such as icons (circle battery)

sorry for my not so good english :-)

i hope you can understand what i wanted to say

edit 1: merlin051 was faster :)

edit 2: @paul integrating the new facebook app would be great

Edited by mniewiera

With/Without Radio is used for when a handset might be provider locked, for example, if you upgrade your radio and the handset is locked you might need to buy an unlock code.

As to the de-odexed roms according to pauls earlier reply this is for use with additional themeing that you might want to do to the rom after you have it.

After reading alot of other 2.2 threads I'd reccomend upgrading the radio as i think its needed for certain things to function correctly like the camera/video recorder.

Question for Paul,

I have an orange handset(unlocked via code) and its rooted I installed all of my roms by using a goldcard in the handset at the time, but since I'm at work now and desperate to get this ROM on it, will I be ok to use clockworkmod to flash this rom from a normal sd card?

Yeah, goldcard is only needed for the initial root.

P

Guest scared
Just a few questions:

1. Can I just use ClockworkMod Recovery to flash this using the Flash Zip from SD Card option?

2. My understanding is that if I flash this ROM onto my rooted Desire, I will lose A2SD+ that I installed from the rooting thread. Can I just go back to those instructions and re-apply A2SD?

Thanks!

Any help with these questions please?

1. Can I just use ClockworkMod Recovery to flash this using the Flash Zip from SD Card option?

2. My understanding is that if I flash this ROM onto my rooted Desire, I will lose A2SD+ that I installed from the rooting thread. Can I just go back to those instructions and re-apply A2SD?

Thanks!

Guest manicyaz

Question for Paul,

Thanks to both of you for getting back to me. So as I understand it, I do not need with radio because I bought my phone outright and not from a provider. However downloading a ROM with radio is worth doing and will not have any adverse effects on the system and it might actually make it run more smoothly.

As for de-odexed - I guess it's also worth doing in case I want to PIMP up my phones theme.

Please let me know if I have it wrong. Thanks again. :)

Guest froobra

You simply cannot beat a stock image. Ultra reliable and everything works. Thanks Paul! After trying half a dozen 2.2 images this is the one that rocks my boat :)

Guest rkelbert
You simply cannot beat a stock image. Ultra reliable and everything works. Thanks Paul! After trying half a dozen 2.2 images this is the one that rocks my boat :)

Did you flashed the ROM? if yes what method toy used?

Guest mniewiera
... So as I understand it, I do not need with radio because I bought my phone outright and not from a provider. ...

as i understood from other posts/threads froyo needs the new radio, and won´t work flawless without it.

but like i already said, im new to this too ;-)

Guest Nitrius

The radio that comes with some of the downloads here, whats the version number? And is it the new radio that came with the stock release of Froyo from HTC?