Community Custom ROM based on T-Mobile UK 2.1 ROM

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Fibblesan,

Your latest update works fine - thanks very much.

Would it be possible to install the framework used in FLBmod 1.0? I prefer the slight green theme (as opposed to the heavily green theme in 1.2), and the amber text in TouchPal.

(I realise that I could just re-install FLBmod 1.0, but I think my phone deserves a rest from all the flashing it's been subjected to recently :) )

I did install the official UK update in the end, so have the new partition sizes - I assume that if I did want to go back to FLBmod 1.0, I'd have to re-flash a Hu or Tre ROM to re-partition again?

Thanks again!

Yes I don't think FLB 1.0 will fit the new partition sizes that the UK 2.1 ROM created. There should be some frameworks in the framework thread (that's where I got them from).

Guest mehall

Great rom Flibble, loving it. So much faster than the HU 2.1 update I was running before, and I finally bothered to get a2sd :)

Anyway, can I just ask how I could go about enabling Live Wallpapers?

Not a feature I would use all the time, but I'd like the option.

Guest Simon O
Great rom Flibble, loving it. So much faster than the HU 2.1 update I was running before, and I finally bothered to get a2sd :)

Anyway, can I just ask how I could go about enabling Live Wallpapers?

Not a feature I would use all the time, but I'd like the option.

T-Mobile removed Live Wallpapers from the UK ROM. I'll look at adding this back into the custom rom.

Guest mehall

Is it likely to just be an apk? Or is it something that'll need a re-flash?

There was something else I was gonna ask, but it's gone from my mind :/

Guest Simon O
Is it likely to just be an apk? Or is it something that'll need a re-flash?

There was something else I was gonna ask, but it's gone from my mind :/

I'll try and make a small update to flash it onto a rom which can also be extracted and installed manually.

Guest Total Eclipse

Just a FYI - it looks like the market fingerprint for this ROM is somewhat lacking (I assume that this hasn't been changed from the official UK 2.1 release).

I can't locate the SD card speed tester, or other apps such as myPlayer.

Guest ulysse132

hello everybody

sorry for my poor english. i hope you'll understand what i what to say and you could help me.

i download and flashed flb rom version 1.1 with app2sd. but i think it doen't really work.

on terminal emulator, i typed "su" then "a2sd check".

here is what it was written:

[]Apps2SD is launching…

[]starting darktremor apps2sd

version 2.7.5 preview fix 4a

[]starting darktremor apps2sd in check mode

[]running apps2sd check program

[]searching for mount point…

[*]mount point /system/sd located

[]checking for ext partition

darktremor apps2sd status report

partition -[*] mounted as ext

apps -[]linked to sd card

[]file .noa2sd no found

[]programs run from sd card

to run from internal storage, type a2sd remove

private apps -[]linked to sd card

[]file .noa2sd no found

[]private programs run from sd card

dalvik cache -[]symbolically linked

[]file .dalvik cache found

[]dalvik tins from sd card

to run from internal storage, type a2sd nocache

to run from /cache partition, type a2sd cachepart

swap -[]partition not present

[]swap does not start

zipalign -[]not running at boot

dalvik heap (mb) -24m

(blanka is default value)

property patch -[]file system ready property found

[]boot image init.rc patched

[]setting file system ready property to 1.

what should i do to install all my apps on my sd card. there are already two partitions on my sd and a nandroid backup is already done.

thanks a lot in advance for your help.

PS: i already install a lot of applications and i would like to keep them installed.

Guest tomdubs
hello everybody

sorry for my poor english. i hope you'll understand what i what to say and you could help me.

i download and flashed flb rom version 1.1 with app2sd. but i think it doen't really work.

on terminal emulator, i typed "su" then "a2sd check".

here is what it was written:

apps -[]linked to sd card

[]file .noa2sd no found

[]programs run from sd card

private apps -[]linked to sd card

[]file .noa2sd no found

[]private programs run from sd card

dalvik cache -[]symbolically linked

[]file .dalvik cache found

[]dalvik tins from sd card

to run from internal storage, type a2sd nocache

to run from /cache partition, type a2sd cachepart

It says there that the apps already run from sd card so you dont need to do anything :)

Guest meinnit
T-Mobile removed Live Wallpapers from the UK ROM. I'll look at adding this back into the custom rom.

Do you know the reason why it was removed? Could it be to save internal memory? Or to save RAM? If it's RAM, leave it out :)

Guest MuhaJR
Maybe I'm the only one (or I missed something before), but in this ROM it's first time that I have WiFi as option for first-boot setup...

Nice ROM, but FLB 1.31 has solved my problems. Finaly, I have working phone...

Only way to solve my problem was:

- Time Machine to 1.5

- December update

- Update to 2.1 UK

- FLB-MOD 1.31

NOW, for TWO WHOLE days I don't have ANY problem with reception, FC's, acore FC/Wait or any other problem (except problem with ADW Launcher reloading at the time, but I have found solution for that).

Even more, I have deleted all original alarms/notifications/ringtones and pushed my own. Only thing that has been broken beacuse of that is application Profiles, but I can live with that :-)

Further more, I managed to have 26 MB free space on internal memory as I'm not using a2sd (slow class2 SDcard) - with 27 apps installed 8all that I need).

This is most stable and maybe the fastest ROM I have installed on my Pulse...

Thank You Fibble!

Guest ulysse132

if i update my flb rom to 1.31 version, will all my apolications be deleted ? if it is, how can i save them to restaure them after the update?

Guest tomdubs
i agree but the programs don't automatically install to my sd card

The storage will still decrease some amount, or is the storage still decreasing the full size of each app?

Guest ulysse132

my sd card has 2 partitions:one fat32 and the second is ext2. my apps are installing in the internal memory of my phone and only the data of the apps are on the ext partition.

what should i do to install the apps on ext partition?

Guest Spook Tooth
I've installed the UK T Mob 2.1 and it's working fine.

Would like to try the custom ROM but can't get the Clockwork recovery to install.

I've downloaded it but I get a popup screen telling me the phone must be rooted for ROM Manager to work - how do I root the phone to install the custom recovery to then install the custom ROM.

Thanks

I have the same basic problem as Scooby, being a mere novice I need to root my fresh T-Mob UK 2.1 Pulse before I can get Clockwork to install. Would like to back the phone up safely before installing Fibblesan's latest... I need more space since I cannot fit CoPilot live on!

Guest scoobydoo99
I have the same basic problem as Scooby, being a mere novice I need to root my fresh T-Mob UK 2.1 Pulse before I can get Clockwork to install. Would like to back the phone up safely before installing Fibblesan's latest... I need more space since I cannot fit CoPilot live on!

I've not found a way round this yet but I'm very happy on the T-Mobile 2.1 standard rom meantime. its faster, more stable and with better battery life - and I've now got the free google sat nav that I bought bought pulse for in the first place. phone memory space is an issue but manageable.

Guest mehall

Found a copy of all the needed apks for Live wallpapers wrapped up in a nice little .rar that I DLed and then I pushed the folder to my phone via adb. Didn't even need to reboot the phone before I could set a LiveWallpaper (god I love Linux). If anyone wants the rar, I'll find the link.

EDIT:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ci3kfzgw5ti

That's the link ^

All I did was extract the folder contained to the same folder as adb, opened a terminal and did the following:

adb shell sysrw

adb push /system/ /system/

(I think that's what it was. If problems arise, just mess around with the first mention of "/system/", as it could just be "/system" or even "system")

Edited by mehall

flibblesan - does clockwork recovery carry on if there is an error in the update script? wondering why applying this rom fails on my uk 2.1 phone because of errors in the script to do with resolv.conf, i'm using amon ra rather than clockwork. I will hack the rom myself when home to remove the resolv.conf steps but wondering why it fails on my phone and not others? there is no /etc/resolv.conf on mine at the moment

Guest meinnit
Found a copy of all the needed apks for Live wallpapers wrapped up in a nice little .rar that I DLed and then I pushed the folder to my phone via adb.

Does this use more RAM? Wondering whether T-Mobile UK excluded this because of Pulse's low RAM?

Guest mehall

It definitely slows the phone a fair bit when in use, but if you DON'T use it, I've not noticed any difference.

I was using the Pong live wallpaper clock, and suffered minimal slowdown and only a slight increase in wait to get back to canvas from a menu/app, but others like the Matrix Live wallpaper slowed it down so much, i sometimes struggled to get the phone to recognise my long hold on canvas long enough to switch away. (patience in testing is a virute)

Guest lemmyc

I flashed to this ROM after using the Hungarian 2.1

Now for the first time the links on the launcher icons are mixed up. Is there a fix for this?

Guest lemmyc

I'm also having problems with a2sd not working.

Here's what I get when I do a2sd check from adb:

a2sd check

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

[ ] Starting Apps2SD Check Program.

[ ] Searching for Mount Point...

[Ô£ö] Mount point /system/sd located.

[ ] Checking for ext partition

[Ô£û] Ext partition found, but not mounted.

Your rom may not be setup to run Apps2SD.

Check with your rom developer if the boot image

is programmed to run Apps2SD.

Your partition may be using an EXT4 partition,

but your rom may not support EXT4. Repartition

your SD card to use EXT2 or EXT3.

What's the best course of action to take to fix this?

Thanks for the rooted ROM by the way :D

Guest Simon O
Will changing the framework.res remove the pink?

Nope. It's the services.jar that needs editing to remove the pink but so far all attempts have resulting in this not working.