MCR r8 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Rick Francis
I installed the pre-baked "r8 ROM with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD+" so that I get a feel for this ROM before a Premium subscription.

I am a relative newbie to Android and I this was the first ROM I installed, after rooting my Desire via unrevoked 3.21.

I have a few questions with regards to A2SD+ and this rom:

I formatted my SD card with a 15GB FAT32 and a 1GB ext3 partition, I can see some stuff on the ext3 partition after installing this ROM but nothing else that I install via market or ASTRO is going there. Also, I started with something like 128MB free system space and it clearly decreases when I install apks.

How do I get the A2SD+ to work? How can I check what is and not working with regards to A2SD+?

Please help as this will be decisive for me to continue using this ROM.

Thanks!

Hi,

I maybe wrong but I think the main difference between A2SD+ and the std Froyo A2SD is that it moves the Dalvik cache to the SD. To move applications to the SD Card, you need to go into SETTINGS> APPLICATIONS> >MANAGE APPLICATIONS and move the apps over manually (if it is supported by the app). Widgets wont work from the SD I dont think.

Hi,

I have installed all 3 versions of this rom on a unbranded unlocked desire bought form UK o2.

Everything worked while installing i also prepared a 512mb ext3 partition.

My problem is that after installing this there are some core apps missing:

Like:

Market.

Pictures.

HTC Mail program

Other applications that just dont work like:

GMAIL.

and all the contact info is messed up.

Anyone else encounter these issues and managed to fix them?

Thanks,

rotev

Guest Shizophren

Since 13.10.2010 my google contacts won't sync. When i start the syncronisation manually I get an error messege like "errors during the sancroniation, syncronisation will be continiued shortly. But nothing happens. E-Mail and calender sync (although through google) wors perfectly. Only contacts not.

Does anyone has a clue what this could be?

Edited by Shizophren

Guest DeViL466

Hi,

I encounter some new problems since the last google update. I have this strange problem in the market app. Sometimes it tells me, that I don't have any apps loaded. A reboot solved this problem everytime so far. Installing a new app solves this problem, too. Wifi starts sometimes toggeling and doesn't work anymore. Reboot helps. The only positiv thing I've exprienced so far, the memory mangement got slightly better.

Btw. I didn't lose my su rights.

Adios