[KERNEL] Sub501 Kernel, mods and control apk

Guest Sub501

Guest snapilica
Hy everybody.

Trying to flash "signed_power_update.zip" from recovery, with no success.

I'm using Amon_RA Recovery V1.7.0.1-R5-SLCD, and get the following errors :

Install from sdcard...

Finding update package...

I:Update location: SDCARD:signed_power_update.zip

Opening update package...

I:Update file path: /sdcard/signed_power_update.zip

I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys

Verifying update package...

W:Can't verify META-INF/CERT.RSA

E:No signature (8 files)

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

Any advise ?

You need to toggle off signature verification.

Installed this last night, set to powersaver mode in setCPU, my phone now seems incredibly slow for the first few minutes after going from screen off to using the phone, anyone else getting this or is it something I've done?

Guest lubo777
Installed this last night, set to powersaver mode in setCPU, my phone now seems incredibly slow for the first few minutes after going from screen off to using the phone, anyone else getting this or is it something I've done?

use the MOD from tis thread and remove setCPU as I have allready done :P

Guest snapilica

Do NOT use the powersave governor all the time, it will limit your phone to 245Mhz all the time. If you have used the script and not SetCPU you would have seen powersave governor is only on when the screen is off, otherwise it will switch to interactive (instead of the default ondemand). So either use interactive all the time, either set it to switch between them based on screen state, either stop using SetCPU and use the init scripts.

Edited by snapilica

You need to toggle off signature verification.

Hmm, the file is signed with signjar using self signed certificate. Never tested with AmonRa. There are 2 possibilities: signjar not working or AmonRa expecting a real certificate. Don't know :-( I'll pay more attention on this issue as soon as I'll be back from holiday .

Do NOT use the powersave governor all the time, it will limit your phone to 245Mhz all the time. If you have used the script and not SetCPU you would have seen powersave governor is only on when the screen is off, otherwise it will switch to interactive (instead of the default ondemand). So either use interactive all the time, either set it to switch between them based on screen state, either stop using SetCPU and use the init scripts.

Makes sense, I should've thought of that :P Have set governor back to ondemand.

Any idea what the diff' is between ondemand and interactive on setCPU?

Guest snapilica
Makes sense, I should've thought of that :P Have set governor back to ondemand.

Any idea what the diff' is between ondemand and interactive on setCPU?

Read here.

Basically interactive is a new governor that it's said to work better than ondemand.

5 hours off of the first full charge using this and the R8 ROM (upgraded with both last night) and I'm at 92%. That's with a couple of calls, 40 mins of music and a bit of twittering. Syncing, wifi, GPS all on (bluetooth off). Probably a little early to tell how this will pan out over a full charge but seems to be v.good so far.

Previously I'd get on average ~30 hours between charges so looking like I should be able to beat that - nice job!

Guest theblueraja

Couple of questions as im not 100% on specifically what is required for my Radio here, im on 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 Radio and want to install this.

I also havent disabled perflock in the rom.

So, can i just flash signed_perflock_update.zip from recovery, then custom_zip.zip or do i need to also install or alternatively install signed_power_update.zip?

Or do i also need to update the radio to version XXX?

Guest snapilica
Couple of questions as im not 100% on specifically what is required for my Radio here, im on 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 Radio and want to install this.

I also havent disabled perflock in the rom.

So, can i just flash signed_perflock_update.zip from recovery, then custom_zip.zip or do i need to also install or alternatively install signed_power_update.zip?

Or do i also need to update the radio to version XXX?

1. You either tick "Disable perflock" and bake custom_zip.zip when you make your rom, OR you can flash signed_perflock_update.zip and then signed_power_update.zip in recovery.

2. The powersaving MOD does not require any particular radio, it can work with the one you have, the second post refers to another mod that installs the RIL drivers ONLY for the latest 32.47 radio.

1. You either tick "Disable perflock" and bake custom_zip.zip when you make your rom, OR you can flash signed_perflock_update.zip and then signed_power_update.zip in recovery.

2. The powersaving MOD does not require any particular radio, it can work with the one you have, the second post refers to another mod that installs the RIL drivers ONLY for the latest 32.47 radio.

For number 2, do I just flash the gc0527 file or do I have to do something else?

Edited by Vulpix

Guest snapilica
For number 2, do I just flash the gc0527 file or do I have to do something else?

What gc0527 file? The second post of this thread only has a signed_ril.zip that does what i just said.

What gc0527 file? The second post of this thread only has a signed_ril.zip that does what i just said.

Sorry, I was referring to your post number 2, regarding the powersaving thing on XDA.

Guest theblueraja

Well, that's both this mod and the Kernel undervolt mod mentioned by lubo777 above installed and working, time to wait and see what happens. Should be interesting :P

Edited by theblueraja

Guest snapilica
Well, that's both this mod and the Kernel undervolt mod mentioned by lubo777 above installed and working, time to wait and see what happens. Should be interesting :)

Same here :P Although i don't know if I should get lower than the 75-100 already in the script. It seems stable as it is.

Guest Albert Poon
In case you have flashed 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 here is the RIL part (taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1 )

Attached signed_ril.zip for radio 32.47.00.32_5.10.05.23 .It contains the files listed below. Use it only with this radio. Do not check Paul's radio in the R8 kitchen.

The RIL archive bring these new files (diff to MCR R8 ROM):

default.acdb

default_france.acdb

fw_bcm4329_apsta.bin

AudioBTID.csv

libgps.so

libhtc_ril.so

liboemcamera.so

WARNING! This update is only for Paul's MCR R8. May be this update will be included in Paul's MCR R9.

what is the different between your signed_ril.zip (946.88K) and the one from XDA update_signed_radio_RIL_HK.zip (3.11MB)?