07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Yeah, that looks nice, i'm not a fan of the %age tho. :P

I've made images that change every 4%...

P

please remove wave secure from the kitchen, or at least leave it unchecked by default.

it had serious security problems (exploit to get the pin code of the phone from the waveseure server) btw ...

Added Sub501's governor optimisations as an option in the kitchen.

P

Hi

Is it possible to make the screen scaling script optional so that we can use the new governors in setCpu profiles?

please remove wave secure from the kitchen, or at least leave it unchecked by default.

it had serious security problems (exploit to get the pin code of the phone from the waveseure server) btw ...

Any further details?

P

Hi

Is it possible to make the screen scaling script optional so that we can use the new governors in setCpu profiles?

Hmmm, don't want to 'pollute' the kitchen too much, will think about the best way to do that.

P

Guest Joshua Lim

Hi Paul,

I read about Sub501's governor settings, but still do not really get it. Do we have to disable Perflock? or with perflock it will also work?

From your kitchen, not much instruction.

Guest DragosP

+1

Hi Paul,

I read about Sub501's governor settings, but still do not really get it. Do we have to disable Perflock? or with perflock it will also work?

Yes, the Perflock must be disabled.

Guest Tomdibom
Yes, the Perflock must be disabled.

I knew people would ask! :P

Perflock is automatically disabled if you check "Sub501's governor settings" though you don't see a check mark.

Edited by Tomdibom

Guest TheScrub

Hi Paul,

Just flashed the new WIP (from the last r8 WIP) and stock contacts search still isn't working, can you look in to it please? Can't face using the HTC app as it's UGLY :P

paul, it gets really difficult not to oversigh important checkboxes if you are on a small screen

could you:

- leave the explanations for thc widgets out, seriosly, what will a "call mam" widget do other then call mam?

- maybe provide a select all, deselect all button for the different groups?

- leave the pics out

- fix the width of the kitchen, there is a horizontal scroll on small screens, only in the kitchen section

btw: if you haven't allready

update iptables to 1.4.7 or higher, so droidwall, proxy and others work by default

terminfo has gone btw, don't know when

Edited by woti17

Guest road2002

:P Paul,

Any chance to fix the problems as follows:

1. Even if the dalvik2cache script really works, 40MB of space on data partition is still occupied because .dev files from /system/app don't be moved. I tried Klutsh's script but didn't work very well, some discusses as follow:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1388651

2. If u could add China locale and apn to the rom?

Paul,

Are you gonna base R9 on the WWE 2.10 OTA?

I am currently analysing it to find the changes.

I will probably base it on this, with the new bits from the 2.10 OTA and the FRG33 Nexus One release.

P

Guest aslsthlm
I am currently analysing it to find the changes.

I will probably base it on this, with the new bits from the 2.10 OTA and the FRG33 Nexus One release.

P

Nice... :P

Guest Paveway98

Solved, see the bottom of the post...

Further to my earlier message about the unmounted SD card when plugged into my car charger...

I've just plugged my phone into my laptop to charge whilst listening to music. It came up as 'Charge Only' in the notification area, but the music stopped. I checked the player and all of the tracks had disapeared - it (DoubleTwist) stated that the phone was connected to a PC. I checked the setting of the 'connection status' in the notification bar, this time bringing up the selections, selected 'Charge Only' (although it was already ticked) and then OK. 'Preparing SD Card' appeared in the notification bar and shortly after the tracks became available again.

Is this a known bug? I can't find reference to it elsewhere. It seems (when combined with my charger problem) that upon plugging in a USB cable the phone immediately unmounts the SD card, regardless of what the next action is.

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Solved: Shortly after posting this I re-searched Google and came across a post regarding Double Twist. It has a setting which automatically sets USB mode despite what Sense has set. I've disabled this and it now works perfectly. Great piece of software, very stupid default setting.

Edited by Paveway98

Guest David_P

Just installed r9, I selected Maps (stock) and Brut Maps but only see maps once in the app drawer. How do I know if that is regular or Brut maps and should I have 2 App icons?

Thanks

David P