07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lucier

Hi!

This ROM work very well with the new ROM radio.

I tried Oxygen 2.0.1 with the same ROM radio and the battery life was better but I prefer the Sense touch ;-)

Thank you Paul

Guest htcnick
Hi!

This ROM work very well with the new ROM radio.

I tried Oxygen 2.0.1 with the same ROM radio and the battery life was better but I prefer the Sense touch ;-)

Thank you Paul

What is the difference between sense and oxygen.

Guest htcnick

Thanks for that, lucier.

I d/loaded this Rom, but I wanted the boot sound. Does anyone know the adb codes to add it in. When Tue Rom downloaded it did include it.

Cheers.

My wifi also does not work. I include radio from kitchen. Any idea please?

In my opinion: if You uncheck "Additional Kernel Options by Sub501" then WIFI will not work.

Best Regards.

Guest htcnick
I have updated and flashed the rom, but at the modaco boot screen it just keeps recycling . . . can anyone help?

i had that problem a few roms ago. I think i had to do a system wipe and then re-flash the rom. If u did a backup, restore that then try again, at least then u wont loose saved data. and also do a titanium backup so if u do have to wipe u can restore all ur apps and settings. I found that the first start up after u flash a rom takes a long time to start the phone, and because when i first started there was a few nerves, i would force a restart while it was in the middle of its initial restart becasue i thought the phone had froze. I think this can cause it too.

hope i have helped.

Guest robhob99
i had that problem a few roms ago. I think i had to do a system wipe and then re-flash the rom. If u did a backup, restore that then try again, at least then u wont loose saved data. and also do a titanium backup so if u do have to wipe u can restore all ur apps and settings. I found that the first start up after u flash a rom takes a long time to start the phone, and because when i first started there was a few nerves, i would force a restart while it was in the middle of its initial restart becasue i thought the phone had froze. I think this can cause it too.

hope i have helped.

Cheers, worked a treat!

Guest Albert Poon
Bugs:

- Rom Manager, Titanium Backup are not there even selected.

- Good old APN gone again.

- The "Smooth" framework is gone too, intended?

- Red status LED gone, only shows green LED

@Paul,

Are you taking bug reports?

Guest paddy_mcnulty

Well, nearly all working fine and am happy really. Two things from me:

Update/refresh icon seems to stay for ages at the top of the screen sometimes up to an hour (that circular arrow thing, which I though was just updating location, weather, etc) - anyone know why? and how to speed it up as I don't want it draining juice for no reason.

Gmail - update constently fails - same workaround as last time?

Also, thanks to person who posted the quick boot zip.

Edited by paddy_mcnulty

Anyone using Link2SD successfully ?

I can't mount partition ... says "mount script cannot be created .... not enough memory" .

Do I need S-OFF ?

Edited by Rust

Anyone using Link2SD successfully ?

I can't mount partition ... says "mount script cannot be created .... not enough memory" .

Do I need S-OFF ?

Well i'm using Link2sd sucessfully with this rom, and i do have S-Off, not sure it's required though...

Guest stoge

hi.

this is a very stable rom ..... was there a reason that wavesecure was included ?

dont really want it.but cant get rid of it.

thanks though for the hard work.

Guest htcnick
hi.

this is a very stable rom ..... was there a reason that wavesecure was included ?

dont really want it.but cant get rid of it.

thanks though for the hard work.

u will need to bake a custom rom and untick the box.

Guest tigris666

Ok, can someone explain pls. Why does paul says he can't do sense + gingerbread until there is some leak of a ROM from HTC, but yet others can do it on xda? Do xda devs have access to leaked ROMs that Paul does not? Why do they not share with him?

Does anyone know how long until sense + gingerbread from Paul? Ball park figure is fine, I don't need exact dates, a month will do. I am wondering cos my r10 is fairly stable, battery is a bit s*** but i dont wanna go through the hassle of update to r11 if gingerbread gonna come out soon.

Guest seaders

Paul bases his ROMs on official HTC ROMs, whereas I'm assuming others add Sense to a generic ROM in a different way, he's stated something as much a few times. if others at XDA already have one an official HTC Gingerbread Rom with Sense, the reason Paul may not have it yet is because he may not have customised it the way he wants to customise it, yet.

Guest EddyOS

You can't 'add' Sense to a stock Android ROM. 2.3 Sense RUUs are now out but require larger internal memory to use so you'd need to look elsewhere (XDA) if you want it

Whenever HTC updates the Desire is when we'll get a new MCR

Guest dr_sherman

Hi,

As echoed by over users my observations of R11 are:

+ The ROM is a lot faster and more stable

- Titanium backup does not install despite being selected

- The constant sync is an issue, it doesn't look to be syncing the google account although this may be because I have restored from titanium

- Wifi doesn't seem to stay connected continuously (same AP as before)

- The omission of the smooth icons and the power settings is sadly missed (thank you to the poster who did link to the power menu though)

It's a shame because the ROM is almost perfect!

Guest bpivk
- The constant sync is an issue, it doesn't look to be syncing the google account although this may be because I have restored from titanium
Remove Friend Stream and Facebook or include both and you'll solve your problem.

Guest tinselttown

Hi i just updated to Fr11 and realised that the APN settings for my country (singapore) are not included in the MCR. i found this strange as r9 had the settings included. i tried to update the apns conf.xml file but i have not had any success. i feel like the APN setting in Fr11 are not in this file. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by tinselttown

Guest Alfa156v

Hi all,

I get error at flashing:

E: Wrong digest:

system/app/com.htc.FMRadioWidget.apk

E: Verification failed

Anyone have idea how to repair?