Verizon releasing new update

Guest tyrelsackett

It appears to be up now.

08-09-2010

How to guidesVerizon Wireless : Where Do I Obtain The DG21 Software Upgrade For My SCH-I920 (Omnia II) Phone?

Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-i920, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.

•Microsoft Windows Mobile AKU Update to 5.0.93.

•Qualcomm updates applied to improve overall quality

•Samsung WidgetPlus is updated

•Various Updates and Improvements have been made to the User Interface.

•Preloaded Facebook app updated to v1.1.0.17.

It appears to be up now.

08-09-2010

How to guidesVerizon Wireless : Where Do I Obtain The DG21 Software Upgrade For My SCH-I920 (Omnia II) Phone?

Samsung has released a software upgrade for the SCH-i920, which is recommended to be installed. This upgrade includes software additions/enhancements/corrections. The update may take up to 10 minutes to complete if the system is already set up.

This upgrade contains several enhancements and features. Highlights are listed below.

•Qualcomm updates applied to improve overall quality

•Samsung WidgetPlus is updated

•Various Updates and Improvements have been made to the User Interface.

•Preloaded Facebook app updated to v1.1.0.17.

Link? Samsung download page still shows the DC update.

I guess I will just scratch my itch to flash with some copy/paste from the PDF.

Get the Most out of

Your Samsung Omnia II.

SOFTWARE UPDATE

Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements. Verizon Wireless is

pleased to announce a new software update for your Samsung® Omnia™ II. The Samsung

(i920.DG21) update includes numerous enhancements and improvements.

Verizon Wireless and Samsung encourage you to download this

update today.

Improvements:

+ Stay connected with updated versions of the preloaded Visual Voice

Mail, Facebook,® and City ID® applications.

+ Work smarter with improved Windows Mobile® 6 operating system.

+ Improved Samsung Widget Plus.

+ Transfer your contacts via Bluetooth®, and manage multiple numbers

for one contact.

+ Manage calls and voice mails with one-touch key commands.

For step-by-step instructions on how

to perform the download, please visit

verizonwireless.com/omnia2support.

Dang. It still itches.

Yeah, I'm more curious to see if they actually do anything to address the ram issue (if anything could be done). Aside from that, I'm not expecting anything that will significantly alter the experience. But who knows, maybe they have had a couple people working on improving it.

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
I guess I will just scratch my itch to flash with some copy/paste from the PDF.

Get the Most out of

Your Samsung Omnia II.

SOFTWARE UPDATE

Enjoy improved performance with these OS enhancements. Verizon Wireless is

pleased to announce a new software update for your Samsung® Omnia™ II. The Samsung

(i920.DG21) update includes numerous enhancements and improvements.

Verizon Wireless and Samsung encourage you to download this

update today.

Improvements:

+ Stay connected with updated versions of the preloaded Visual Voice

Mail, Facebook,® and City ID® applications.

+ Work smarter with improved Windows Mobile® 6 operating system.

+ Improved Samsung Widget Plus.

+ Transfer your contacts via Bluetooth®, and manage multiple numbers

for one contact.

+ Manage calls and voice mails with one-touch key commands.

For step-by-step instructions on how

to perform the download, please visit

verizonwireless.com/omnia2support.

Dang. It still itches.

those updates are ass. not even worth the flash cause all of that can be done done. i can already transfer bt, already have multiple numbers for people, and not many people use vvm, facebook, and city id. so this update not worth it.

i wish people would just give up on the ram issue. nothing is going to happen now. its way to late. the phone is going to be a year or 2 old soon and im sure vz is pretty much done with this phone and its discontinued anyway at other places and vz will soon follow

those updates are ass. not even worth the flash cause all of that can be done done. i can already transfer bt, already have multiple numbers for people, and not many people use vvm, facebook, and city id. so this update not worth it.

i wish people would just give up on the ram issue. nothing is going to happen now. its way to late. the phone is going to be a year or 2 old soon and im sure vz is pretty much done with this phone and its discontinued anyway at other places and vz will soon follow

Actually, it was released just over 9 months ago....

And as most all of us are on two-year contracts I'm sure, we're likely stuck with this for awhile, outside of coming off a bunch of cash, so any fixes would be welcome.

But like I said, it's doubtful anything compelling would be offered, so thanks for repeating my post in more cynical wording.

Guest batch519
Actually, it was released just over 9 months ago....

And as most all of us are on two-year contracts I'm sure, we're likely stuck with this for awhile, outside of coming off a bunch of cash, so any fixes would be welcome.

But like I said, it's doubtful anything compelling would be offered, so thanks for repeating my post in more cynical wording.

ROFL!! Thanks for staying on top of this guys!!

It's up. Here's the link. It's actually different from the one I posted earlier for some reason. I got to it from another samsung support page. Weird. Anyways, I can't flash till later, but whoever's first, post about it.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/detail/s..._sub_class_cd=P

I'll post a mirror to rapidshare or fileserve before I leave work if I have time. The download is going pretty slow (183K/sec).

Edited by Snow02

Anybody know what version this is?

Build 21907 if that helps. Don't know if it's 6.5.x or not, but I don't think so. I think it's a COM2 build.

Edited by Snow02

Build 21907 if that helps. Don't know if it's 6.5.x or not, but I don't think so. I think it's a COM2 build.

Thanks. That's what I wanted. That should be 6.5 again.

Guest amdzero
Thanks. That's what I wanted. That should be 6.5 again.

And I believe Ninja released a 6.5 21907 Rom a while back. Busty Cops Edition?

EDIT:

Download link is UP! I'll get to work tonight!!!

Edited by amdzero

It was 1.0.1.9, where this one is 1.0.2.1.

Thanks.

Will these files let you go back and forth, or only forth (upgrade, not downgrade.)

Edited by Robtao

Guest amdzero
Thanks.

Will these files let you go back and forth, or only forth (upgrade, not downgrade.)

my guess would be upgrade only. However you can flash my v1 rom and then flash to DC23.

BTW this new version will help you "Jump Higher, Punch Harder, Liver Forever!"

Hmmm. It is putting me into Emergency Upgrade mode. Comforting that there is one, but not so comforting to need it.

Edit: Well, so far so good. Seems to have gone without a hitch, except that I didn't follow the Emergency Upgrade steps, and connected the phone before hitting Next, and had to restart the tool and get back to that point again.

Edit: Seems fine. Touch Wiz really does need to be disabled. (I really only like the 10 page Main Menu, anyway.) I have had one lock up already while just setting it all up, and the scrolling is pretty clunky. But better without TW.

Edited by Robtao