Black Screen and Phone Call issue with JG5, MCR r3

Guest AV1985

Guest DistortedLoop
Sorry for bumping in here lol :)

First of all, I agree, Distorted earns rep for his help, you rock men!

Distorted did you try JM8, is it better then 6 or 7?

PEACE :P

Thx.

I have downloaded JM8 but not gotten around to installing it. I am very happy with JM7 and the voodoo lag fix. I also use autokiller on aggressive, and set my scheduler to noop. The phone is extremely stable, very fast, lag free, and even has excellent GPS tracks.

I think if I were on anything older than XFJM6, I would probably go straight to JM8, or HVJH1, but don't feel compelled to flash just to flash right now; maybe in a few days when I get bored and need something to do! LOL

Guest DistortedLoop
Thx.

I have downloaded JM8 but not gotten around to installing it. I am very happy with JM7 and the voodoo lag fix. I also use autokiller on aggressive, and set my scheduler to noop. The phone is extremely stable, very fast, lag free, and even has excellent GPS tracks.

I think if I were on anything older than XFJM6, I would probably go straight to JM8, or HVJH1, but don't feel compelled to flash just to flash right now; maybe in a few days when I get bored and need something to do! LOL

Actually, I might hold off on JM8 - reports of bad battery life. I always take those with a grain of salt, though, first complaint you always hear on any new firmware, mod, or hack is "makes my battery life worse" and then those complaints go away eventually. I think part of the worst battery life is that you get a new firmware and then spend more time playing with the phone setting things up and seeing new features. LOL.

The real reason I'd hold off is there are several reports of the Market just downloading random apps all by itself. Very strange, and not worth the risk/hassle. Almost sounds like a trojan or something in there. Hmmm....