[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
Awesome review! and very accurate. I used SPB Shell with the espresso sense skin and it ate all the memory for breakfast.

Evening yet? :) B)

BOB SAGET!

I can't seem to cook in the mms fixes.

Guest dumfone
he, he, wish if I looked like him.

I anxiously but patiently wait for your release. :)

I on the other hand am hurrying up and waiting impatiently, wish I could be of some assistance! I keep checking in with fingers crossed; that the dreaded word "reserved" will be replaced with "download amd Dg21 sense here" B)

Edited by dumfone

Guest amdzero
I on the other hand am hurrying up and waiting impatiently, wish I could be of some assistance! I keep checking in with fingers crossed; that the dreaded word "reserved" will be replaced with "download amd Dg21 sense here" B)

Well I'm still trying to get htc messaging to work, if I can't get it today, then I'll just remove it and release ZeroSense without htc messaging (what a shame, as it really is superior to what we are using now).

I don't like to keep ppl waiting, but I also don't want to release garbage. So either way, I'll release the rom tonight.

Guest dumfone
Well I'm still trying to get htc messaging to work, if I can't get it today, then I'll just remove it and release ZeroSense without htc messaging (what a shame, as it really is superior to what we are using now).

I don't like to keep ppl waiting, but I also don't want to release garbage. So either way, I'll release the rom tonight.

rt

Its Your name on it AMD so do not release anything because we are impatient. I went to school for Art, so I know the feeling of not wanting to put the John Hancock on anything until satisfaction is reached. Really anyone who takes pride in what they do understands, what we produce (in our heads) defines are character! This therapy session is free of charge courtesy of dumfone A.K.A. Scarfo777 :)

ON ANOTHER NOTE! Do you happen to have a cab of WidgetPlus? My wife uses it all the time and I would like to have it for when I am in a Widget mood! B)

Guest the sandman

I agree with dumfone, you shouldnt release it until you are satisfied with what you got. I would rather wait for it to be 100% rather than to get it right away with still some issues with it, and I hope everyone else agrees.

Guest trelleck

Has anyone had any trouble with GPS and this build? I recall that it worked on the Samsung build and be truthful, I think I may have had it working on this one but it isn't working currently.

Any thoughts?

Update: Google just started working again. Don't know what happened. It wasn't working and I found in some post I should set the GPS port to 7. It didn't work, so I set it back to 4 and then it started working. Found 8 satellites.

Thank you.

Edited by trelleck

Guest rolobolas
I agree with dumfone, you shouldnt release it until you are satisfied with what you got. I would rather wait for it to be 100% rather than to get it right away with still some issues with it, and I hope everyone else agrees.

100% agreed. AMD, take as much time as needed, I am not afraid to say that you have the full support of all of us. We love your work.

Thank you. B)

Guest mikee4fun
BOB SAGET!

I can't seem to cook in the mms fixes.

AMD if the mms fixes will not cook in, you can use a post cab install. I can make one if you like.

Appartley after flashing the end user is going to have to manually edit the registry / htc messaging anyways. The key is your cell phone number entry

Below is the data I collected for the proper fix for us.

!!!!!!THEY ARE ALL CASE SENSITIVE!!!!!!

MMS FIX FOR VERIZON

JUST GO TO MESSAGING TAB>ALL MESSAGES>MENU>SETTINGS>OPTIONS>MENU>MMS SERVER

Server name: Verizon

Ip Address: Blank

Port Number: 80

Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=your number here

Or you can try http://mms.vzw.com/servlets/mms

Connect Via: Data or #777 Or VZW or whatever your data connection is

Send Limit: 1024 KB

NO WAP FOR ANY OF THESE

Cheers,

Mikee

Edited by mikee4fun

Guest CxThree

AMD,

Thank you for the awesome roms. I have really enjoyed them.

Today, I jumped ship to AT&T and bought my wife and I a couple of Windows Phone 7 devices. SO far I am fully enjoying them. We got the Samsung focus and it is BEAUTIFUL.

THank you again for all your efforts and for allowing me to enjoy my omnia II.

Take Care,

CxThree

Guest amdzero
AMD,

Thank you for the awesome roms. I have really enjoyed them.

Today, I jumped ship to AT&T and bought my wife and I a couple of Windows Phone 7 devices. SO far I am fully enjoying them. We got the Samsung focus and it is BEAUTIFUL.

THank you again for all your efforts and for allowing me to enjoy my omnia II.

Take Care,

CxThree

If you can find a way to dump the rom can you post it? I doubt I'd be able to cook anything with it, but I am interested in the framework.

Guest amdzero
AMD if the mms fixes will not cook in, you can use a post cab install. I can make one if you like.

Appartley after flashing the end user is going to have to manually edit the registry / htc messaging anyways. The key is your cell phone number entry

MMS FIX FOR VERIZON

NO WAP FOR ANY OF THESE

Cheers,

Mikee

What I'm trying to do (finally succeeded at it) is set the Server Address without the user having to mess with the registry at all.

I've completed this rom and am uploading it now. Screenshots will probably come tomorrow as I have a 3am wake up tomorrow (yuk!)

Guest tedkord
What I'm trying to do (finally succeeded at it) is set the Server Address without the user having to mess with the registry at all.

I've completed this rom and am uploading it now. Screenshots will probably come tomorrow as I have a 3am wake up tomorrow (yuk!)

Yes! I've been feeling that flash itch for a couple of days now! I was actually considering just reflashing the ZeroLite and starting from scratch.

Guest tedkord
WELL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? STOP READING THIS AND GO FLASH IT ALREADY!

Already flashing. Seems to be stuck at 62% written to ram. What is the size of the extracted .nb0? (Oops. forgot you're hitting the sack for an early morning. Talk to you tomorrow or later. Nite)

EDIT: Nevermind. Third flash was the charm - used octans instead of i920 flasher. Like the new WinBoot screen and audio (especially the lower volume!).

Wow. Sense is MUCH smoother than in previous ROMs. This could just work!

Edited by tedkord

First time flashing custom rom...followed steps in previous posts (see below) about how to use i920 Flasher by AMDZero. Using Windows 7 64-bit.

When I click on detect then plug in my turned off phone, I get this:

Service stopped successfully

[setup] Windows Vista

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&11db0024&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:1

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is step by step what I've done:

1. start windows with device driver signing disabled (F8 at start up).

2. Then once your win7 64-bit system is up, open devicemanager.

3. turn off the phone and connect it.

4. once you see the Samsung Mit show up, right click on it and click update driver software.

5. browse my computer for driver software

6. let me pick from a list of device drivers on my comptuer.

7. click next (if the phone has disconnected ie battery meter is showing)

8. click have disk

9. navigate to the proper driver for win7 64-bit.

10. BEFORE you click on next after selecting the .inf file, unplug and replug the phone back in.

11. Then click next

12. You will see it start to load, and you may need to reboot the computer.

13. If it does ask you to reboot remember to DISABLE device driver on boot up (F8 again).

you should be back in business after this.

Windows 7 (especially 64-bit) only lets you use signed drivers. Even after you do all of this you may need to do it again if you ever flash your phone again.

MAKE SURE you have octans loaded (not mini either) and select the flash file using PDA button.

tick the Skip over waiting for booting completely checkbox

tick the Start downloading immediately checkbox

the click detect

THATS when you finally plug your powered off phone to the usb.

ALSO...plug into usb port NOT A HUB its been recommended to use your rear ports but I always use my front port.

Guest amdzero
First time flashing custom rom...followed steps in previous posts (see below) about how to use i920 Flasher by AMDZero. Using Windows 7 64-bit.

When I click on detect then plug in my turned off phone, I get this:

Service stopped successfully

[setup] Windows Vista

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&11db0024&0&4#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:1

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is step by step what I've done:

1. start windows with device driver signing disabled (F8 at start up).

2. Then once your win7 64-bit system is up, open devicemanager.

3. turn off the phone and connect it.

4. once you see the Samsung Mit show up, right click on it and click update driver software.

5. browse my computer for driver software

6. let me pick from a list of device drivers on my comptuer.

7. click next (if the phone has disconnected ie battery meter is showing)

8. click have disk

9. navigate to the proper driver for win7 64-bit.

10. BEFORE you click on next after selecting the .inf file, unplug and replug the phone back in.

11. Then click next

12. You will see it start to load, and you may need to reboot the computer.

13. If it does ask you to reboot remember to DISABLE device driver on boot up (F8 again).

you should be back in business after this.

Windows 7 (especially 64-bit) only lets you use signed drivers. Even after you do all of this you may need to do it again if you ever flash your phone again.

MAKE SURE you have octans loaded (not mini either) and select the flash file using PDA button.

tick the Skip over waiting for booting completely checkbox

tick the Start downloading immediately checkbox

the click detect

THATS when you finally plug your powered off phone to the usb.

ALSO...plug into usb port NOT A HUB its been recommended to use your rear ports but I always use my front port.

Try compatibility mode = windows xp sp3, instead of windows vista.

Guest xlightwaverx

Geez I coulda swore AMD I threw you the link for this B)

Anywho, Mortscript will take care of all this :)

X

MMS FIX FOR VERIZON

NO WAP FOR ANY OF THESE

Cheers,

Mikee

Guest tedkord

This is really great! The best I've used yet. If Sense were this smooth prior, I'd have been using it all along. I do get an unhandled exception error on boot, but it doesn't seem to cause any instability. Disabling the phone canvas and Window's start menu, and I'm booting in with about 82mb free ram. NICE!

One question: This doesn't have CHT, so is there any other way to disable the clock flip every time I go to the homescreen?

Edited by tedkord

Try compatibility mode = windows xp sp3, instead of windows vista.

Thanks AMD, that finally got it working!

Wow, there is so much stuff going on! I can't even tell what all those buttons on the task manager are for!

Guest amdzero
This is really great! The best I've used yet. If Sense were this smooth prior, I'd have been using it all along. I do get an unhandled exception error on boot, but it doesn't seem to cause any instability. Disabling the phone canvas and Window's start menu, and I'm booting in with about 82mb free ram. NICE!

One question: This doesn't have CHT, so is there any other way to disable the clock flip every time I go to the homescreen?

Extract this file and copy/overwrite it into your windows directory (on your phone of course) using Total Commander or Resco File Explorer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1258762866

I'm really digging the HTC Album. Much better than the standard photo app.

AMDZero, could you cab just the HTC Album, or do you know if its already available as a cab? I'm thinking the sense rom might be too much for me, and I might stick with either your ZeroStock or ZeroBase rom. I'd love to be able to use the HTC Album though.

Awesome roms!

Guest arrowana

Can you please show me how to "Disabling the phone canvas and Window's start menu"? Thank you.

Guest tedkord
Extract this file and copy/overwrite it into your windows directory (on your phone of course) using Total Commander or Resco File Explorer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1258762866

You are awesome. I think it's time I bought you another beverage! I get paid in two weeks - hope you don't get too thirsty before then.

This is even better than I thought. After disabling the Windows Start Menu, I re-enabled the windows menu soft button, and have it opening the T-Omnia's Main Menu someone else posted in these forums. This Main Menu is buttery smooth, and I can set it up with multiple screens in any order I want. Since I'm used to a certain layout from SPB, this is ideal. The only minor downside is, the main menu doesn't shut down when you hit "X", even with that setting enabled and X-Task on, so it uses a little ram (about 3 mb). I just go into the task manager and kill it if it bothers me.