CyanogenMod 6 Discussion / Help

Guest DanWilson

We (well tom and fibble) have got most things working, albeit a little complicated to set up (data , market, a2sd fixes etc.). It seems the only major issue is camera. So perhaps the time has come to build that first flashable zip which includes the manual a2sd fix, data and the market fix (if its possible) ? Cough Coufibble Cough! :)

Because it's a test rom :P . I won't be releasing any noob friendly update zips until other bugs have been fixed. Work is moving too quickly on the test code for any zip to be useful. Sorry.

I do find it amusing that people here actually want to use a rom that has no camera support, no 3D acceleration, no video playback support. And applications built for Froyo will fail to install if the SD card is mounted, the GPS is causing reboots for some people, rotation is breaking for some people. It's really not ready for general release.

Guest DanWilson
When I try to do the data fix through cmd i get this:

adbns.jpg

So i try and do it through adb on my desktop... and I get this:

adb2.png

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

Is the file name "adb" or "adb-windows"? That would help.

Guest Epic-Emodude

adbns.jpg

adb2.png

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

It doesnt look like the CD worked properly as it stayed in the C drive?

Guest AntonioPT

adbns.jpg

adb2.png

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

I haven't used Windows for a while, but IIRC you have to type 'G:' in order to cd to G:

Can you show us what you have on your adb directory?

Edited by AntonioPT

Guest darkdevil1
Because it's a test rom :) . I won't be releasing any noob friendly update zips until other bugs have been fixed. Work is moving too quickly on the test code for any zip to be useful. Sorry.

I do find it amusing that people here actually want to use a rom that has no camera support, no 3D acceleration, no video playback support. And applications built for Froyo will fail to install if the SD card is mounted, the GPS is causing reboots for some people, rotation is breaking for some people. It's really not ready for general release.

Might be a good idea to mention this in the OP methinks :P

Because it's a test rom :P . I won't be releasing any noob friendly update zips until other bugs have been fixed. Work is moving too quickly on the test code for any zip to be useful. Sorry.

Because it's hundreds of times faster then 2.1 and FroYo is just... Nicer.

Guest Totyasrác

I can talk for myself: I believe in thorough testing (actually doing it as a part of my job :)) and if I can help by discovering any other issue than the 'official' testers (-> developers) than it's just worth it.

I can live without camera and video playback, it was me discovering GPS breakdown I believe... So I'll keep on testing and report any abnormal behaviour as soon as I have time.

Since I can roll back to FLB 1.5 any time in just 5 minutes it can't hurt anyways :P

(Which is a much nicer option than what I had with Eclair testing - that was a one way street long before TimeMachine was available :()

Guest MikeRame

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

Learn to use CMD!

I haven't used Windows for a while, but IIRC you have to type 'G:' in order to cd to G:

Can you show us what you have on your adb directory?

Well I had to change the name from adb-windows to adb to even get a # sign.

I followed the instructions and got this:

C:\Users\Tom>G:

G:\>CD G:\adb

G:\adb>adb shell

# adb remount

adb remount

adb: not found

#

Oh and all I have in my adb folder at the moment is adb and AdbWinApi.dll

Thanks

Guest DanWilson
Well I had to change the name from adb-windows to adb to even get a # sign.

I followed the instructions and got this:

C:\Users\Tom>G:

G:\>CD G:\adb

G:\adb>adb shell

# adb remount

adb remount

adb: not found

#

Oh and all I have in my adb folder at the moment is adb and AdbWinApi.dll

Thanks

adb remount comes before adb shell.

Guest Totyasrác
:P

It happens to everyone bro. You just wait. :(

But trying to never go public with stuff like that :)

Now I start understanding the other topic's opinion on why not letting the ghost of FroYo free too soon :(

Guest AntonioPT
Can someone with a Mac tell me the directory of the Documents folder? Is it the same as Linux?

I joined the Win/Mac/Linux installers because the only thing that changes between them are the fastboot/adb binaries and the install scripts. Please include it on the 1st post :P

InstallFroyo.tar.gz

New install instructions:

Extract the InstallFroyo.tar.gz file to a folder. Open that folder and double click the script appropriate for your operating system.

capturaecrav.png

If a dialog like this appears, click 'Run in Terminal'.

Also, please include fibblesan's A2SD fix on the 1st post :)

Ok ok. But I can't promise it'll work for future releases.

Download and flash the new boot image using fastboot: a2sd_boot.zip

Boot into recovery and flash Darktremor A2SD: dtapps2sd-2.7.5-rc3c-signed.zip

Guest DanWilson
But trying to never go public with stuff like that :P

Now I start understanding the other topic's opinion on why not letting the ghost of FroYo free too soon :)

Meh, I'm glad that I did this. Now I know how to fix things instead of forgetting and needing to trawl through 1,000,000,000 pages of spam. Although I still haven't fixed my Market yet...

Sorted now!

QUOTE(Rem1x @ Confirmed)

1. Open CMD

2. Type CD(press space)and drag the folder that has ADB in it to the CMD window

3. Press enter

4. Put in "adb shell" , you should end up with # on the prompt

5. Then put in "mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system" and press enter [use "adb remount" on 0.50]

6. Put in "chmod 6751 /system/bin/netcfg"

7. Press enter.

8. ????

9. INTERNET! PROFIT!!!

I was going by what it says here... adb shell is before adb remount on here for some reason :P

Also... the text issue is definately sorted now. The issue in 2.1 was that if someone sends a text while you are loading a webpage through G or 3g you do not receive them. Now ive just got someone to text me like 5 texts in a row while I was loading a webpage through a 3g connection - didnt arrive straight away but got them after the webpage stopped loading. So they come late, but at least they arrive!

Cheers

Guest DanWilson
Sorted now!

I was going by what it says here... adb shell is before adb remount on here for some reason :P

Also... the text issue is definately sorted now. The issue in 2.1 was that if someone sends a text while you are loading a webpage through G or 3g you do not receive them. Now ive just got someone to text me like 5 texts in a row while I was loading a webpage through a 3g connection - didnt arrive straight away but got them after the webpage stopped loading. So they come late, but at least they arrive!

Cheers

That would be my editing. I'll fix this tomorrow. Gotta sleep for a bit then learn to count nd read nd stuffz. Nighty Night!

Guest Epic-Emodude
Epic-Emodude's Button hack doesn't work (disables all hardware buttons except Power)

In the thread for that theres a flashable zip called dans layout.

Ive used that in froyo and it was fine =)

Guest Sh4d0w940

Wich official rom should I use before flashing this?

I'm on the december update now, and I think a 2.1 is needed.

If so, does anyone have the direct link for the uk version since it was removed from their site?

Sh4d0w940