The Official "I'm not leaving the Pulse" thread

Guest Simon O

Love Pulse, but can't receive SIP call when the screen is off and have problem with the back speaker when using voip :-(

Will stay with Pulse because I am stack with 2 year contract.

Guest DanWilson
Love Pulse, but can't receive SIP call when the screen is off and have problem with the back speaker when using voip :-(

Will stay with Pulse because I am stack with 2 year contract.

Have you got the WiFi sleep policy set to Never?

I don't know about 3G, nor your speaker problem. I think the speaker problem is fixable in a custom kernel, but I'm probably wrong.

So quiet just now...

Have you got the WiFi sleep policy set to Never?

I don't know about 3G, nor your speaker problem. I think the speaker problem is fixable in a custom kernel, but I'm probably wrong.

So quiet just now...

WIFI slepp policy is set to never but it seams that there is problem with the pulse and some types of wlan modems/routers.

Speaker problem is fixable and there is solution for that but nobody took time to fix this :-(.Unfortunately I don't know how to do that.

Here is link to topic about this http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...l-on-the-pulse/

if anybody is interested to fix it.

Would be nice to have fully working Voip phone.

Guest DanWilson
WIFI slepp policy is set to never but it seams that there is problem with the pulse and some types of wlan modems/routers.

Speaker problem is fixable and there is solution for that but nobody took time to fix this :-(.Unfortunately I don't know how to do that.

Here is link to topic about this http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...l-on-the-pulse/

That is something to ask Flibblesan or Bobo about. I know nothing of kernels and as such, am no use to you. (For this fix)

I've had a quick look at the forum thread you've given along with the links in that thread and there isn't any clear information about the fix. If we even want to try patching the kernel then we need patch files that will work with the Pulse kernel. Unless we have these then it's not worth my time trying to fix a problem which isn't serious in my eyes.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Poseidonhun
I'm surprised and relieved. I thought everybody was going to sell up and jump ship.

No. we just waiting for android 3.0 :lol: pulse can do trick with swap B)

Edited by Poseidonhun

I've had a quick look at the forum thread you've given along with the links in that thread and there isn't any clear information about the fix. If we even want to try patching the kernel then we need patch files that will work with the Pulse kernel. Unless we have these then it's not worth my time trying to fix a problem which isn't serious in my eyes.

At list I discovered that with Nimbuzz I can receive call when phone is sleeping,problem with back speaker is still present.

Back speaker is making echo sound and the quality of conversation is therefore worse :-(

Guest gwenhwyfaer

I originally said that I'd stick with the Pulse. However, it's gradually sunk in that £110 for a MID with 480x800 AMOLED screen, 512MB RAM and a Linux kernel (whose source is actually available from the get-go!) is a bloody amazing bargain. Add Orange's promise of £30 credit when you port an existing phone number (I've got a couple) and I shouldn't even need to pay to unlock the thing.

So if someone can confirm to me that it works just fine without a SIM in it*, as soon as I can afford one (might be a while!) I'll be getting one. But not as a replacement - the Pulse shall stay.

* ed. except as a phone, obviously

Edited by gwenhwyfaer

Guest DanWilson
I originally said that I'd stick with the Pulse. However, it's gradually sunk in that £110 for a MID with 480x800 AMOLED screen, 512MB RAM and a Linux kernel (whose source is actually available from the get-go!) is a bloody amazing bargain. Add Orange's promise of £30 credit when you port an existing phone number (I've got a couple) and I shouldn't even need to pay to unlock the thing.

So if someone can confirm to me that it works just fine without a SIM in it*, as soon as I can afford one (might be a while!) I'll be getting one. But not as a replacement - the Pulse shall stay.

* ed. except as a phone, obviously

All Android phones work without a SIM.

Guest david_dawkins

I'm not leaving. However, I can't promise I won't throw my Pulse against the wall if it keeps losing text messages sent to me. Definitely a 2.1 issue (even if *you* don't suffer from it).

Guest JingleManSweep

Got my San Francisco yesterday in Ipswich yesterday. So far I am quite impressed with it, it is definitely smoother and nicer that the Pulse. However, my Pulse has now gone to my partner so I will still be following both the San Francisco and Pulse scenes closely.

Also, I can probably add the new phone to my Android Guide (www.androidguide.co.uk) site and track all the ROMs and Themes for you all.

Thanks to all the Pulse contributors (Flibble, BigBear, Paul, Ogiogi, JohnPorter etc. etc). You've all made the Pulse a truly useable and functional little phone.

Louis

Guest _melchett

I have to say that i miss my Pulse. I''ve kept it to one side so if i am able to get a replacement screen for it it can be my main phone again, until then i'm using an Iphone. I'm not sure if my Pulse was working i would consider the SanFran a sufficient jump, Android is the best operating system, and the Pulse does everything you could want. Hope the froyo port keeps on improving (which i know it will), and hopefully when my friend gets back from America i can rip apart her phone for the screen, and start reading this forum again. Good luck friends!

Got my San Francisco yesterday in Ipswich yesterday. So far I am quite impressed with it, it is definitely smoother and nicer that the Pulse. However, my Pulse has now gone to my partner so I will still be following both the San Francisco and Pulse scenes closely.

Also, I can probably add the new phone to my Android Guide (www.androidguide.co.uk) site and track all the ROMs and Themes for you all.

Thanks to all the Pulse contributors (Flibble, BigBear, Paul, Ogiogi, JohnPorter etc. etc). You've all made the Pulse a truly useable and functional little phone.

Louis

I intend to get a SanFran eventually. I'm picking one up on Wednesday for a member of the Pulse forum (and trust me you'll be quite excited if you knew who it is) and it'll most likely make me really want one soon.

Going to be fun developing for two phones!

Guest DanWilson
I intend to get a SanFran eventually. I'm picking one up on Wednesday for a member of the Pulse forum (and trust me you'll be quite excited if you knew who it is) and it'll most likely make me really want one soon.

Going to be fun developing for two phones!

Bobo?

Dammit who?

well... i like my pulse also.

it fits my needs with flbmod 1.5 with 2.6.29-flb kernel and DT 2.7.5 rc2. i use 128 swap and jit enabled.

its pretty fast and smooth.

then i made a nandroid backup, and used flbmod 2 with apps (not tiny) and the same preferences. it works faster and also very smooth.

but i missed the video playback.

so i restored back to my backuped flbmod (see first paragraph).

today i was able to try a Galaxy 5, and after that..., i can tell you, i'm happy with my pulse and this fabulous community.

with

special thx to tom g and all devs.

Well I sold a desire to get my pulse and got it from someone who got it as a free upgrade for 75 quid. The desire was good but the pulse does everything I need and is running perfect with flb 1.6b with swap enabled. No issues at all.

The new kid on the block looks better spec wise but the camera is still naff so for me it would not seem a step up. I know the screen is better but the pulse screen is good enough anyhow and I dont find multi touch that amazing. I know it has more ram too but as I say mine works fast enough now with swap and flb. I will try flb 2 once its sorted too.

If support for the pulse dissappears I may be tempted but I think there will be loads more budget android phones around soon to choose from.

So I am sticking with the pulse for now. Thanks to all the devs for making it so good!

EDIT - forget all of that, had a play instore today and had to have it lol. Pulse already sold too! Both good phones though.

Edited by waj1234

Guest igor_anta

Flib are you still a proud Pulse owner? I see you only have the Blade as a device so I'm a bit worried :lol: To ashamed to admit you still have the old faithful after getting a new shiny device, eh? B)

You do know I'm just kidding right, cheers!

Edited by igor_anta