The Official "I'm not leaving the Pulse" thread

Guest Simon O

Guest JimJam707
Swapped my Pulse for a K800i. Yes it's old, but Jesus is it faster!

Plan to get a Desire Z soon though. And I'll never leave you, MoDaCo Pulse!

Unless Paul bans me, or I explode.

:rolleyes:

:huh: How could you daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Guest DanWilson
:rolleyes: How could you daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Well Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie, when I got a text, the phone had a five minute reboot, followed by a five minute wait for the MeSsagiNg app to work, followed by some amount of time for the keyboard to pop up that I gave up and decided to just use this old thing.

Hint. Hint.

Isn't it ironic that Flibble started this thread?

I was coming back to this thread to say exactly that! B)

... and to say that with a good install of Cyanogen's Froyo mod, I'm feeling a lot better about my "Pulse" (CHT800). I think I even tracked down my very long-term problem of no cellular connection even though all bars were showing. It's been over a week without it happening once, and it used to happen multiple times each day.

(For anyone who has the same problem, I forced the phone to only search for GSM networks; apparently, problem solved.)

But to be completely honest, I will leave the Pulse just as soon as my contract expires. I'm cheap, but I also will take advantage of the opportunity for a cheap upgrade. :) A 1+ gHz processor, a huge amount of memory, and a 4 inch plus screen are all too tempting at this point. One more year to go and it will happen.

Guest spanner44

I think that it is inevitable that over the next few months prople will upgrade and move on as the pace of development fastens and the rate of new phones being launched also quickens as more and more manufacturers are trying to saturate the market to become the market leader.

If we look back over this thread, so many of the people who have said they will stick with the pulse have sadly departed.

As for me, I am a newbie in the android scene having just picked up my U8230 cheap (50 Euros) off Ebay, and it is certainly a big improvement over what I had before, but also disappoints as you realise the limitations of the hardware compared to the fancy phones being talked about on a daily basis. I will probably look for one of the latest phones on a contract next Easter, unless I find another good bargain on Ebay, but until then I hope that not too many people leave this forum, as I have found the advice and information extremely helpful, plus it would be nice to see if the CM6 mod could be tweaked any further.

Guest JimJam707
In Dans defence:

Device(s): Samsung Galxy Spica/Portal

Twitter: @JimJam707

I never had the pulse to begin with :) They were cancelled by the time I got it. I would have left eventually, but not now.

I'm just here for the people B)

Guest JimJam707
my wife has buyed a iphone 4 16 gb and gave me as a gift his old iphone 3g 16 gb...

so i don't need my Pulse anymore.

Bye ppl.

Your leaving for an iPhone? jeesh, no taste.

Guest Carl800
The main reason I'm leaving the Pulse is because it's very poor as a phone. I seem to be one of the few people on here that actually use my Pulse to make calls and texts regularly! I don't know if anyone has noticed these problems:

-Call quality is very poor

-Call volume is very low for other person (with and without handsfree)

-Mic is in totally the wrong place. Get's covered by your thumb when you hold it!

-Other person gets very annoying static noise on line randomly (noticed it happens more when the battery is low)

-And of course the SMS issue that we're all aware of!

yes i agree with u ,everytime ,girlfriend call me, she should call me twice then she can hear clearlly!

please 1 change this issue

2.Call volume loud than before!

PS:huawei has been released new vision of 2.1 can u modify it to be flb 1.8

i don't want FLBmod dispear i love it.

Guest igor_anta

After I played with my friends Desire for a while (he came over so I can root it and install a custom rom) I can say 100% that I'll no longer go for a budget phone :P No matter how cheap it is for what it offers (I'm looking at you SF/Blade) a true smartphone from the big players like HTC, Motorola and Samsung is my next destination!

Damn MIUI on a Desire is freaking amazing! As I swiped through the screens and opened apps with lightning speed I wept a little :D

Guest Fusion0306
After I played with my friends Desire for a while (he came over so I can root it and install a custom rom) I can say 100% that I'll no longer go for a budget phone :P No matter how cheap it is for what it offers (I'm looking at you SF/Blade) a true smartphone from the big players like HTC, Motorola and Samsung is my next destination!

Damn MIUI on a Desire is freaking amazing! As I swiped through the screens and opened apps with lightning speed I wept a little :D

Their phones are better than ours, but yet, they come to us. They wouldnt know the difference between the stock recovery and Clockwork. Maybe that was the purpose of the little Pulse... To teach us how to hack the heck out of Android and get the best out of what you have. Mission successful, I'd say :D

Guest ambrozija

I'm still not sure if I would go for a Brand Name as my next phone... I mean, I've played around with couple of HTC phones and I can see the difference: no glitches, lightning fast, plenty of RAM (+ free drinks in bars, easy girls)

Maybe I am a cheapskate, but 400+ euros for a phone seams like a nonsense to me! Hell, I'm now buying new PC (with i7, SSD, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD) and it is costing me around 650!

I know that our pulse is slow as a phone (wait to sms, wait to phone), but if you wanted just that - Phone - then why did you bought Smart phone? Pulse is a computer that can phone (sometimes, when it is not down :P)

Guest protocold
I'm still not sure if I would go for a Brand Name as my next phone... I mean, I've played around with couple of HTC phones and I can see the difference: no glitches, lightning fast, plenty of RAM (+ free drinks in bars, easy girls)

Maybe I am a cheapskate, but 400+ euros for a phone seams like a nonsense to me! Hell, I'm now buying new PC (with i7, SSD, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD) and it is costing me around 650!

I know that our pulse is slow as a phone (wait to sms, wait to phone), but if you wanted just that - Phone - then why did you bought Smart phone? Pulse is a computer that can phone (sometimes, when it is not down :P)

I think our pulse is still better than HTC's budget phone such as the Tattoo.

Guest igor_anta

Well you can sell your soul for 24 months on a contract and you get a Desire for 150 euro :D And yeah the Tattoo is miserable, the Wildfire not really that great either, but the top of the line phones are awesome!

Edited by igor_anta

Well I've just gone and done what I said I would - replaced my year old Pulse with a high end droid. HTC Desire HD should arrive on Monday - £25 per month and no charge for the handset.

Guest iKrautDroid
Well I've just gone and done what I said I would - replaced my year old Pulse with a high end droid. HTC Desire HD should arrive on Monday - £25 per month and no charge for the handset.

2 year contract?

I only get my phones sim lock free.

My next handset will probably be the psp phone ( Sony ericson zeus ) if its cheap enough and has the gapps.