2.1 Likes and Dislikes!

Guest AerospaceMango

Guest max-greece
2G completely dead now? Very bad news, at least in 1.6 if I boot the phone and connects to 3G, it can switch to 2G successfully after that, voice and GPRS data both working. I fear what will happen with the official greek 2.1...

As far as I can see - yes - completely dead. I have not tried data too much (may have a go later) but for voice - even with a full strength signal - forget it - thus far anyway.

Guest bushfire
As far as I can see - yes - completely dead. I have not tried data too much (may have a go later) but for voice - even with a full strength signal - forget it - thus far anyway.

For me using Vodafone India, 2G works for voice pretty well with 2.1 but I am unable to connect data. Trying to work with vodafone support to see if it is due to some setup issues...3G works pretty well I tried in Singapore.

Hi guys, upgraded to this yesterday and am loving it so far, some good tips on here and i thank you all for them, one question if i may : On 1.6 when i sent a txt when it went a box would come up saying how much credit i had left on the phone, now after upgrading i don't get it, i have looked through the phone and can't seem to find a way to enable it, if it's possible, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Anyone with any info???

Edited by sarbe

• 1 month later...

My phone is less responsive with 2.1 B) Someone here mentioned the opposite, that the touch became more sensitive, but my experience is not like that. I have to really press hard, or several times in order to open a menu, or select something. Very annoying. The overall experience of using the phone has dropped for me.

Other than that, the Media Player stops after each track, and I need to press a button for it to continue. Major disappointment.

On some other forums people posted videos which prove the drop in the video recording quality.

To the ones that claim it works faster - how did you measure? I haven't seen any performance test comparisons.

What I gained: live wallpapers, if that's any comfort...

Advice to anyone still hesitating whether to upgrade or not: DON'T. I had a snappy phone, now I have a laggy live-wallpaper eclair. And no way to go back to 1.6. Generally, Android has improved from 1.6 to 2.1, but LG GT540 1.6 version was polished, well thought and lightning fast, 2.1 seems to be just made in a hurry...

Edited by eirh

Guest max-greece

For some strange reason I am yet to fathom my phone now re-boots itself about once every 2 or 3 days. It did it again today whilst I was listening to an MP3 - but it happens when the phone is not in use and whether it is connected to the computer or not.

Thoughts anyone?

Guest DingIsBack
Thanks..

Yeah, I miss my lock screen with the pic of Kelly Brook on it.. B)

Miss mine too.. was a picture of my dad's sign on his shed...

"trespassers will be shot..".

It was nice a faded with cracks in the paint, looked ace in the background of lockscreen

Guest DingIsBack

My LG Sync Suite will not return my contacts back onto the phone after the update...

It looks like its doing something, it says afterwards it has synced, but there are no contacts?

anyone had the same problem?