{HOT Tutorial} Make Your Taskbar & Softkeybar Transparent !!

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

Guest mightymouse1045

Hi thanks for putting this all together!

1. Are you sure access denied copying the files is related to the patch signing and cert check?

2. Suggestion - why don't you do the signing method instead of dumping roms/patching/reflashing? It's just alot of people have precooked roms - I am one and I am sure there are many other people who don't have any time to build their own froms from scratch.

So like me they get a precooked rom which means they cannot follow your process.

Amother way you could do this is by getting the full MST official rom file - extract from that the 2 files, make the changes to them and then RESIGN them and copy them over. This would also work for people who have precooked roms that even though stated are patched to remove the security check and signing checks aren't.

This would be the most fullproof method in my opinion and you could then create a CAB file with the already modified files for that particular ROM - that way you don't need to make any changes to roms, flashing just to change two files seems a little bit of an overkill. If you unsign, change and then resign them with the SDKcert certificates and then ensure you install those along with the 2 files and hey presto it can be installed on any ROM that has the same shell32.exe agy...dll versions...

CHeers

(google or look through these forums for msigner, unsigner and siggner) This method works and is tried and tested amd is used fpr all the taskbar icon changes amongst other things

Guest mightymouse1045
+1

For those of you who cannot copy because access denied you can search for ROMExtractor in this forum or XDA developers - ah stuff it here are all the files attached :)

ROMExtractor can be copied over to your phone and run and used to extract files from ROM to your storage ie the 2 files you need.

You can then modify the files as per the above suggestion, and once saved you will need to make sure you SIGN both files. GOOGLE how to sign the files with the tools I have uploaded msign, unsign etc and the SDK certificates.

ONCE you have done that then install the SDKCerts cab file and restart your phone.

THEN copy the 2 files back over. If you get an error copying them over you will need to create a CAB file and have that install the 2 files for you. WINCE CAB manager is perfect for that job and you can find copies that you don't need to buy if you google for it (but make sure you find a NON virus infected one!!!!).

ROMExtractor.zip

sdkcertsnew2015.cab

msigner.rar

siggner.exe

UnSigner.zip

Thanks for all this helpful information. I've tried everything offered, but I can't get it to work on my stock i920. Using the method you posted Mightymouse, I'm able to do all the steps, but the phone hangs after the startup animation.

Guest mightymouse1045
Thanks for all this helpful information. I've tried everything offered, but I can't get it to work on my stock i920. Using the method you posted Mightymouse, I'm able to do all the steps, but the phone hangs after the startup animation.

I have just reflashed my phone and am about to make this mod now - I will do it with the driver signing method I described using romextractor to get the files off because I also have a cooked rom that says it has had the certificate and signing patch but it still doesn't allow me to copy the files off - access denied.

So before I go reinstalling all my apps and brick my phone I will do this first the way I have suggested - because I have already installed a taskbar mod which is using resigned files and sdkcerts and my phone is fine. As you can see in the link to the tutorial many dll's are used in the taskbar icon modifications and I have no issues booting with those modified files.

Perhaps as the person in the first page suggests, the utilities being used might be corrupting the shell33.exe or dll and that could be the issue not the signing part of it?

Anyways I will do it now and let you know if I brick my phone or if it works for me :)

Cheers

Perhaps as the person in the first page suggests, the utilities being used might be corrupting the shell33.exe or dll and that could be the issue not the signing part of it?

I used this method without using the two utilities. I look forward to your results.

Guest mightymouse1045
I used this method without using the two utilities. I look forward to your results.

This is strange really - I mean I have only done the DLL file aygshell.dll and triple checked the whole process - I also made sure I had the latest certificates to sign with and the end result was a DLL file almost identical in size to the original. However on copying it across BRICKED phone!

WTF!? I used the reverser and recmod to extract the files and recreate them and then signed them with the tools from here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...d-signing-tool/

I also checked my cooked rom from http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...september-2010/

It says it is already patched as per the following screenshot. So I really have no idea and can only surmise that the reverser and recmod are causing the problems here. I noted that without signing the DLL file was 4kb smaller than the original after using reverser and recmod and the exe file was larger by 1kb. After signing the DLL was almost exactly the original in size.....

post-599930-1287043970_thumb.jpg

Can't get it to work on my WinMo 6.5 (Build 21906) trying every method listed so far. I'm going to step away from it for a while; my frustration level is up too high.

Guest mightymouse1045
Can't get it to work on my WinMo 6.5 (Build 21906) trying every method listed so far. I'm going to step away from it for a while; my frustration level is up too high.

Same here - I want to have transparent freaking bars but everything I've tried just bricks the freaking phone. This shouldn't be so bloody difficult - surely there must be a way to write a program that does all this for us and after reboot wham transparent bars! I don't like ICTHRU U and the manual cropping pictures either

SONOVABEATCH!!!!!!

Edited by mightymouse1045

So I thought I would give this another go. I built a custom ROM using the stock DG21 Kitchen. The only changes I made to the ROM were the hex edits described in the first post. The ROM booted fine, but the changes did not have the desired effect. No changes to the to the transparency. Apparently, changes must need to be made in other places to get this to work on my device. Has anyone managed to get this to work on an i920? If so, which version?