CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

The hardest part of the kernel port is getting the wifi driver. At the moment that is binary only and tied to a specific kernel revision.

I've also just discovered an interesting trick

insmod /system/wifi/ar6000.ko mac_param=11:22:33:44:55:66

when the wifi driver isn't loaded loads it with the requested MAC address. I suspect one of the Huawei scripts does something similar which is how it is supposed to get it's proper address.

Based on this I believe the way Huawei set the MAC address is in libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c modifying the insmod routine (confirmed by grepping the binary)

Nice find. I had a quick look for a module parameter last week but couldn't find anything. I will see if I can put something into libhardware_legacy to read the bt mac and set the wifi mac from that with the module parameter. That is probably more reliable than what I was planning with patching the firmware file.

Guest Gigahurtz
I didn't have reboots but gapps didn't install properly until I did it exactly in this order - maybe it will help you also:

BOOTLOADER

fastboot-windows flash system flash\system.img

fastboot-windows flash boot flash\boot.img

fastboot-windows flash userdata flash\userdata.img

fastboot-windows reboot (leave it to boot into system, shutdown the phone and the restart into bootloader again)

BOOTLOADER

fastboot-windows flash boot flash\boot_flb_0_20.img

fastboot-windows reboot (leave it to boot into system, reboot into recovery)

RECOVERY

flash gapps

flash dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip

reboot

Thanks for the reply, will try that today. I have been totally doing flash wrong then, either just installing boot.img or flb_0_20.img and not boot.img THEN flb_0_20.img

Thx.

Update: Worked a treat thx mate, really loving the mod. Wish I could help out but I know very little about coding. Thx again.

Edited by Gigahurtz

Guest david_dawkins
I didn't have reboots but gapps didn't install properly until I did it exactly in this order - maybe it will help you also:

BOOTLOADER

fastboot-windows flash system flash\system.img

fastboot-windows flash boot flash\boot.img

fastboot-windows flash userdata flash\userdata.img

fastboot-windows reboot (leave it to boot into system, shutdown the phone and the restart into bootloader again)

BOOTLOADER

fastboot-windows flash boot flash\boot_flb_0_20.img

fastboot-windows reboot (leave it to boot into system, reboot into recovery)

RECOVERY

flash gapps

flash dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip

reboot

That is an *excellent* how-to for getting this installed, thank you!

Guest niko1986

Could someone link me to the download for this file "boot_flb_0_20.img" found a flashable zip about 10 pages back but it causes a boot loop when applied.

Guest DanWilson
Could someone link me to the download for this file "boot_flb_0_20.img" found a flashable zip about 10 pages back but it causes a boot loop when applied.

Extract the "boot_flb_0_20.img" from the .zip.

My Mac always extracts zips, and then throws them in the trash. Saves me time sometimes but other times it's real irritating. :)

Guest niko1986
Extract the "boot_flb_0_20.img" from the .zip.

My Mac always extracts zips, and then throws them in the trash. Saves me time sometimes but other times it's real irritating. :)

Ahh ok just the .img file for me is named boot.img and had me confused >_<

Guest DanWilson
Ahh ok just the .img file for me is named boot.img and had me confused >_<

Is it? Too tired just now. Need ma Weetabix!

And you're one post from 200. :)

Guest PhoenixPunk

i got 'no service' and if i search a mobile network it says error while searching. if i reboot the phone the signal returns and after a while the error returns.

cm6 + oc + swap + gapps + dta2sd

Thanks for the reply, will try that today. I have been totally doing flash wrong then, either just installing boot.img or flb_0_20.img and not boot.img THEN flb_0_20.img

Thx.

Update: Worked a treat thx mate, really loving the mod. Wish I could help out but I know very little about coding. Thx again.

I just flashed flb_0_20. img as boot.img, have i been doing it wrong then? apart from gps my system seems to be fine.

The hardest part of the kernel port is getting the wifi driver. At the moment that is binary only and tied to a specific kernel revision.

I've also just discovered an interesting trick

insmod /system/wifi/ar6000.ko mac_param=11:22:33:44:55:66

when the wifi driver isn't loaded loads it with the requested MAC address. I suspect one of the Huawei scripts does something similar which is how it is supposed to get it's proper address.

Based on this I believe the way Huawei set the MAC address is in libhardware_legacy/wifi/wifi.c modifying the insmod routine (confirmed by grepping the binary)

$ strings libhardware_legacy.so | grep mac_param

mac_param=00:00:00:00:00:00

Thats not how Huawei is setting it, but it should work for us. We just need to read the right value in libhardware_legacy. What does /system/bin/wlan_tool do? I think that may be how they set it. It is called by libhardware_legacy.

Edited by Tom G

Guest cph2001

hi all,

After running through naniteboys quick instructions, all booted ok (I didn't do flibs boot.img). I tried to have a look at a2sd via adb and got the following.

# a2sd check

a2sd check

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

/system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: No such file or directory

Segmentation fault

It looks as though a2sd has only been partially installed, any ideas?

Edited by cph2001

Guest david_dawkins

This is amazing! My first attempt at installing Froyo.

So I used naniteboy's instructions from earlier, but used flibs gapps-stripped-for-pulse. All working as far as I can see. Because I installed the boot_flb_2.0 I think I have OC and something else (compcache?). Lots of toys to play with. Dang, it *feels* snappy too. Who's leaving compcache enabled? Who's disabling it? Yes, I'm a bit excited :) Thanks Tom! (and others who contribute - flib, DanW, all the usual suspects)

*** Tom - I would like to donate. Please set up a PayPal or something. Thank you! ***

*** Anyone who feels like-minded, reply to this post and include this block. ***

Edited by david_dawkins

Guest whackster
hi all,

After running through naniteboys quick instructions, all booted ok (I didn't do flibs boot.img). I tried to have a look at a2sd via adb and got the following.

# a2sd check

a2sd check

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

Segmentation fault

/system/bin/bash: /system/bin/launcha2sd: No such file or directory

Segmentation fault

It looks as though a2sd has only been partially installed, any ideas?

Tom hasn't enabled a2sd, so you have to use flib's OC kernel, or compile your own one :)

Hi All,

First Post!!!!

Been an avid watcher for some time now and am completely blown away by all you guys, now it looks like I may be able to contribute (even if it is just to refer to someone with real skill :) ).

I did have some problems when I first installed via fastboot, I followed all the instructions posted earlier in the thread but still got no Market and a2sd check reported

[1] Segmentation Fault a2sd

I managed to find a script that corrects this on the cyanogenmod forum http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/user/14538-pconwell if you look at the section that says

So, I need volunteers to download the following two files and see if they work:

First: http://www.4shared.c...pps-signed.html <--- Download this and flash via recovery

This is the same as my other remove gapps script, but it also removes the gapps libs.

Download this and flash the zip via recovery, now reflash darktremor and a2sd is up and running and you should see the market.

I am guessing some of us are on the UK partition sizes and it is this that has caused the problem.

Hope this helps

Guest totiadrenalin

When format the data partition from recovery, and booting I found that there some errors in /system/frameworks/services.jar

I forgot to do adb logcat >logcat.txt.

But I'll format the data partition once again and provide you the logcat.

Guest DanWilson
Best not waste it then ... damn!!! :)

Remember my 1000th Post?

Ahh, memories.

2000 next! And grats on your 200th. I'm sure you'll be Hardcore one day. :)

Guest TonyDigi

After so many time trying to install,now i'm very happy with cm6. I had a good rom by this way, do it step by step (hope it could help someone).

1- Upgrade HU Android2.1 first

2- Flash CM6 0.20 by TomG, reboot

3- Reflash Amon-ra 1.5.2 (Recover is broken after upgrade HU Android2.1)

4- Install Gapps full newest in recovery, reboot

5- Flash boot_flb_0.20 (by Flib) in fastboot (when you flash it, it auto set CPU is 691 GHz, smooth but i think it makes battery poor), you can install overclock wiget to set CPU down, i set 591 and had 4,2 MFlops and battery's quite good)

6- Install darktremor and do swap

Now i had no problem with wifi, gps, data and full gapps ... and stable.

Edited by TonyDigi

Guest h3dshot
After the fairly successful port of Froyo to the Pulse, I've decide to try porting CyanogenMod 6. If this is successful I hope it can one day be included into the official CyanogenMod releases.

CM6 is built on Froyo, but adds many extra features. For many of the bugs we are experiencing in Froyo, we have been looking at how they were fixed in CM6. So rather than port the fixes to Froyo, why not port all of CM6 to the Pulse.

The code it is built from is a couple of weeks old, so its still based on 2.2_r1, not 2.2.1_r1. I will look at updating it soon.

There are still a lot of issues, so use it at your own risk, and don't complain if a feature you feel is important doesn't work.

It is too big to fit on the 1.5 system partition, so you must update to a 2.1 official rom before installing this.

Google apps is not included and must be installed seperately.

Current rom: beta-0.20

GApps signed zip: gapps-mdpi-20100816-signed.zip <-- install from recovery

The rom is provided as images that must be flashed with fastboot. I tried to build it as an ota update, but its doesn't include the /data partition and there is a file on /data that is required for the first boot. I will try to fix this in a future release.

Thanks to Flibblesan for providing hosting.

would that explain why it wouldnt install through recovery for me? :) and err fast boot is teh whole command driven thing isnt it?

Guest Holograph
would that explain why it wouldnt install through recovery for me? :) and err fast boot is teh whole command driven thing isnt it?

Shut down your phone, press Volume DOWN+End Call+POWER (keep these pressed)

Guest h3dshot
Shut down your phone, press Volume DOWN+End Call+POWER (keep these pressed)

done that, what next?:) havnt been on these forums for donkeys and have pretty much forgotten everything flb 2.2 was the busines for me:D

Guest totiadrenalin
After so many time trying to install,now i'm very happy with cm6. I had a good rom by this way, do it step by step (hope it could help someone).

1- Upgrade HU Android2.1 first

2- Flash CM6 0.20 by TomG, reboot

3- Reflash Amon-ra 1.5.2 (Recover is broken after upgrade HU Android2.1)

4- Install Gapps full newest in recovery, reboot

5- Flash boot_flb_0.20 (by Flib) in fastboot (when you flash it, it auto set CPU is 691 GHz, smooth but i think it makes battery poor), you can install overclock wiget to set CPU down, i set 591 and had 4,2 MFlops and battery's quite good)

6- Install darktremor and do swap

Now i had no problem with wifi, gps, data and full gapps ... and stable.

Everything's alright, but Now I found out other bug with the wifi.

If I set WEP security on my wifi router, I can't connect even with the wep pass correct.

With WPA2 I can connect with no problems.

Also I can't read my MAC address in my router configuration.

And about the /system/firmware/services.jar?

Well I don't know what's going on there, but when i flash the tom's ORG boot.img I don't see those errors in the logcat.

So maybe the oc kernel isn't very much compatible with the CM6 rom?

EDIT:

With the oc kernel it's happening every time I reboot the phone.

Now I'm just about rebooting the phone and provide the logcat for you.

D/dalvikvm( 1137): DexOpt: --- BEGIN 'services.jar' (bootstrap=1) ---

D/dalvikvm( 1402): DexOpt: load 215ms, verify 2676ms, opt 95ms

D/dalvikvm( 1137): DexOpt: --- END 'services.jar' (success) ---

D/dalvikvm( 1137): DEX prep '/system/framework/services.jar': unzip in 456ms, rewrite 3407ms

D/AndroidRuntime( 1137): --- registering native functions ---

I/SamplingProfilerIntegration( 1137): Profiler is disabled.

I/Zygote ( 1137): Preloading classes...

E/Zygote ( 1137): setreuid() failed. errno: 30
[/codebox]

Edited by totiadrenalin