CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest david_dawkins
A little premature perhaps, but when is the next release due/expected? I just don't want to flash this and then have a new version released days after

It's not due or expected. What you could do to contribute towards increasing the likelihood of there being another release is install this one and provide feedback on your experience, bugs etc.

Edited by david_dawkins

It's not due or expected. What you could do to contribute towards increasing the likelihood of there being another release is install this one and provide feedback on your experience, bugs etc.

Good idea :)

Guest Lord_Shaithis

Any indeas on how to fix the endless cycle of "obtaining IP address" from Wifi?

I can see on the router that it is assigning an IP and becoming active but as soon as the phone receives a response, it starts thw whole authentication process over and over endlessly.....

A little premature perhaps, but when is the next release due/expected? I just don't want to flash this and then have a new version released days after

The next release will be when I get bluetooth working. There is no expected date. I will probably be busy with other things for the next few days so maybe early next week (or it could be earlier if I find the problem).

Any indeas on how to fix the endless cycle of "obtaining IP address" from Wifi?

I can see on the router that it is assigning an IP and becoming active but as soon as the phone receives a response, it starts thw whole authentication process over and over endlessly.....

Try wiping data (or deleting /data/misc/wifi & /data/system/wpa_supplicant will probably do). If that doesn't do it I would be looking at the router settings.

Try wiping data (or deleting /data/misc/wifi & /data/system/wpa_supplicant will probably do). If that doesn't do it I would be looking at the router settings.

huawei u8150 the froyo the rom is out, do not know can help you make better rom

Guest niko1986

Anyone having battery issues get setcpu either from market or xda, changing the processing from performance to on demand has more than doubled my battery life. And CM6 still feels snappy, although it is slightly more sluggish but its still faster than 2.1. I don't have OC or swap kernal though.

Whereas before I'd get a full 24 hours out of the battery with light usage. Now I'm running into 48 hours of light usage with over half the battery still charged.

Edited by niko1986

Guest david_dawkins
CM6 fixed SMS problem? or do i still need to use swap in order to ACTUALLY recieve texts :) lol

There's an option in CM (enabled by default) that locks the messaging app into memory, supposedly to address that issue. I haven't lost anything yet, but I didn't suffer from it greatly before. Just had to explain to my wife a couple of times that honestly, I *wasn't* ignoring her, it was my shite phone.

Edited by david_dawkins

Guest jamielockeymusic
There's an option in CM (enabled by default) that locks the messaging app into memory, supposedly to address that issue. I haven't lost anything yet, but I didn't suffer from it greatly before. Just had to explain to my wife a couple of times that honestly, I *wasn't* ignoring her, it was my shite phone.

haha! i had to explain that to my girlfriend alot until i used swap :)

but i just installed CM6 was very happy with it, until i just tried turning on my wifi..?

"Unable to scan for networks"?

Has anyone else had this problem? but apart from that one thing (and the rest of known issues) CM isperfect snappy and fast! but i use Wifi alot so i am going back to 2.1 until fixed! Great job though guys!! :)

The next release will be when I get bluetooth working. There is no expected date. I will probably be busy with other things for the next few days so maybe early next week (or it could be earlier if I find the problem).

I'm glad, that you're focusing on BT, as this is the only thing, why I don't use CM6 now :)

I need it to work with BT handsfree in car. Thanks a lot for your hard work to get this thing going.

Guest david_dawkins
haha! i had to explain that to my girlfriend alot until i used swap :)

but i just installed CM6 was very happy with it, until i just tried turning on my wifi..?

"Unable to scan for networks"?

Has anyone else had this problem? but apart from that one thing (and the rest of known issues) CM isperfect snappy and fast! but i use Wifi alot so i am going back to 2.1 until fixed! Great job though guys!! :)

Wifi works for me, but sometimes I have to switch off and on again to get it to connect. I can't tell yet if this is because the screen went off or whether I went out of range and dropped back to 3G.

Guest DanWilson
Wifi works for me, but sometimes I have to switch off and on again to get it to connect. I can't tell yet if this is because the screen went off or whether I went out of range and dropped back to 3G.

Screen off causes Wifi to disconnect and not come back without a toggle.

It was in (and tested by me) the CM6 Discussion thread.

Guest david_dawkins

Well done Dan. I can live with it.

Guest totiadrenalin

1st May I to ask you guys, does my script for the scaling_governor working for you?

2nd..

The compcache is included in the Tom's github, but there's error when try to compile.

I don't know how to upload the working one on the github?

3th.

why when i type sudo sh build/envtsetup.sh there are three errors?

build/envsetup.sh: 15: gettop: not found

cat /build/envsetup.sh no such file or directory

build/envsetup.sh: 25: function not found

build/envsetup.sh: 34: gettop: not found

Couldn't locate the top of the tree. Try setting TOP.

My battery charging state is on 75% and I pull it out of the charger at 06:30 this morning.

It's been 15 hours, and only 25% discharging.

So it's really working for me.

Edited by totiadrenalin

1st May I to ask you guys, does my script for the scaling_governor working for you?

2nd..

The compcache is included in the Tom's github, but there's error when try to compile.

I don't know how to upload the working one on the github?

3th.

why when i type sudo sh build/envtsetup.sh there are three errors?

build/envsetup.sh: 15: gettop: not found

cat /build/envsetup.sh no such file or directory

build/envsetup.sh: 25: function not found

build/envsetup.sh: 34: gettop: not found

Couldn't locate the top of the tree. Try setting TOP.

My battery charging state is on 75% and I pull it out of the charger at 06:30 this morning.

It's been 15 hours, and only 25% discharging.

So it's really working for me.

yes working for me cheers :)

I've never had problems with wifi reconnecting (in any rom flb/aosp/cm6), so it doesn't effect everyone. Maybe its a router issue?