CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

That's what I was using with the previous release (0.2), and I plan on using it with the new release when I update later as I don't like the idea of using the fat32 partition of the sdcard for apps2sd. But if there's problems with the Froyo version it may be best waiting for an update?

whats your problem with the inbuilded froyo app2sd?

Guest igor_anta
That's what I was using with the previous release (0.2), and I plan on using it with the new release when I update later as I don't like the idea of using the fat32 partition of the sdcard for apps2sd. But if there's problems with the Froyo version it may be best waiting for an update?

Hey, could you add OC to Tom's kernel as it is? Now that we have compcache as well it's looking great :P

What kind of problems are people having with the apps2sd, how fast is the storage getting low? I still haven't tried the new version (backing up phase) so this is really important. Cheers!

Guest starkos
whats your problem with the inbuilded froyo app2sd?

I haven't flashed latest version so I wouldn't know, I was replying to someone who indicated there was a problem though...

Hey, could you add OC to Tom's kernel as it is? Now that we have compcache as well it's looking great :P

What kind of problems are people having with the apps2sd, how fast is the storage getting low? I still haven't tried the new version (backing up phase) so this is really important. Cheers!

When i have a play later I'll see what the situation is with overclocking. I really need to know first though if the changes Tom made to the kernel while compiling is only in the .config or the actual kernel source files as well?

Guest DanWilson
sorry guys i have just one question!!

what's about SWAP?we must set it 32,64 or 0?

SWAP is an extension to the RAM in the phone. So memory.

I don't know if Tom has it by default yet, but I'd make it 64MB.

Even though I use a 100MB file...

Guest igor_anta
SWAP is an extension to the RAM in the phone. So memory.

I don't know if Tom has it by default yet, but I'd make it 64MB.

Even though I use a 100MB file...

Tom's new release supports SWAP, but you have to set it up with an application, download swapper2 from market and set it to file, 64MB and swappines 15 or 30. That's it :P Cheers!

Guest DanWilson
Tom's new release supports SWAP, but you have to set it up with an application, download swapper2 from market and set it to file, 64MB and swappines 15 or 30. That's it :P Cheers!

He's talking about a partition I think.

He's talking about a partition I think.

yes i formated my sdcard but with clockworkmod.it didn't asked me to set swap so should i do smth else except format?

no, he talked about formating the sd to fat32

i dont know what's the difference but i formated my card via clockworkmod.but it didn't asked me about swap so is there anything else i should do?

thank u guys

From instraction 9. If you were not previously using a CyanogenMod rom you MUST wipe /data/.

Sorry , but I have question:

Could you explain please how to do wipe after installing CyanogenMod ?

Edited by nikks

From instraction 9. If you were not previously using a CyanogenMod rom you MUST wipe /data/.

Sorry, explain please how to do Wipe after installing CyanogenMod

was that for me or you're asking how to wipe?

Edited by jeddy1

I asking help/ :P

ok so before u install the new cm6.1 u must wipe data/cache also and then just install the rom and gapps

i dont know but i think its better to format ur sdcard.

dont forget a nandroid backup first.thing that most of times i dont do it;)

Edited by jeddy1

Guest DanWilson
i dont know what's the difference but i formated my card via clockworkmod.but it didn't asked me about swap so is there anything else i should do?

thank u guys

Do you want to use SWAP (Make phone have more memory)? - Reformat with a SWAP partition. OR use a SWAP file.

Do you even care (Don't want SWAP)? - Move 5 spaces forward.

Sorry , but I have question:

Could you explain please how to do wipe after installing CyanogenMod ?

I guess you had FLB-Mod (Or similar) before you installed CyanogenMod and you didn't wipe?

Just factory reset in ClockworkMod recovery, then flash CM6 again.

Do you want to use SWAP (Make phone have more memory)? - Reformat with a SWAP partition. OR use a SWAP file.

Do you even care (Don't want SWAP)? - Move 5 spaces forward.

I guess you had FLB-Mod (Or similar) before you installed CyanogenMod and you didn't wipe?

Just factory reset in ClockworkMod recovery, then flash CM6 again.

well Dan i want SWAP and we have almost same name:).but how i can set it from clockworkmod or in another way bec clockworkmod dont have that somewhere to format with swap.

or use a swap file?u ment with swapper2.apk?

thx btw

Edited by jeddy1

Guest igor_anta
well Dan i want SWAP and we have almost same name:).but how i can set it from clockworkmod or in another way bec clockworkmod dont have that somewhere to format with swap.

thx btw

Don't need to repartition the SD Card for swap, just download swapper2 from Market and et it to use swap file (which the app will create by itself). Set swappines to 15 or 30 and swap size to 64 and you're good to go :P Cheers!

Guest DanWilson

thx btw

Yeh. Using Swapper2 for a SWAP file.

I always thought that Clockwork gave a SWAP option...

Flash AMON-RA recovery?

Also, are you Dan?

Reminds me of when me and Jamie went onto Omegle...

"Are you Dan?"

"No."

"Dan?"

"NO!"

"..."

"You sure?"

:P

Yeh. Using Swapper2 for a SWAP file.

I always thought that Clockwork gave a SWAP option...

Flash AMON-RA recovery?

Also, are you Dan?

Reminds me of when me and Jamie went onto Omegle...

"Are you Dan?"

"No."

"Dan?"

"NO!"

"..."

"You sure?"

:P

nope sorry i'm Daniel :D !!

thank u to all

EDIT:yes i just would install AMON-RA but if its the same with swapper2.apk then its ok

Edited by jeddy1

Guest DanWilson
nope sorry i'm Daniel :D !!

thank u to all

EDIT:yes i just would install AMON-RA but if its the same with swapper2.apk then its ok

Technically, I am Daniel. I prefer Dan though :P

The only problem with Swapper2 is that it must always be running. But with SWAP, it's not much of a loss.

Or at least, I'm sure Swapper2 has to be running...

Technically, I am Daniel. I prefer Dan though :D

The only problem with Swapper2 is that it must always be running. But with SWAP, it's not much of a loss.

Or at least, I'm sure Swapper2 has to be running...

so do u suggest i flash amon-ra and swap it then??

ok i will do it :P

EDIT:ok i see it did make a swap file but again i will swap it from amon-ra

Edited by jeddy1

Guest flip360

i dont think Swapper2 is running in the background always...At least thats what the android`s built-in task manager says :P Dunno about using a swap partition with this beta 0.30 ROM, maybe Tom can shed some light on the subject

Edited by flip360

Guest naniteboy

I've installed new 0.3 version and set apps to External (in Cyanogen settings).

After that I rebooted, installed GAPPS (pulse version), rebooted, installed d-clock and astrid and similar apps (with widgets), set those widgets on screen and rebooted for test.

After reboot all widgets (except powercontrol and google search) were unable to load, there aren't in widget list anymore...

Then I deinstalled those apps, reinstalled, set the widgets and rebooted again - and again, they were gone.

Anyone else noticed this problem?

Guest starkos
not here but i dont know where froyo`s a2sd moves the apps, there are some in data/app but i cant seem to find the other ones :D

Just started having a play.. I installed angry birds to sd fine (god knows where on the sd), when looking under settings / manage applications the app shows as about 1.73mb but if you transfer it to internal storage it jumps to about 17mb :P