CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest MikeRame

I tried some other file explorers (ES, OI) from Market, no succes. Then I installed root explorer with "adb install -s" . It succeeded but it just crashes when I try to run it.

Guest naniteboy
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?titl...ing_Cyanogenmod

This says that apps with widgets shouldn't be installed on the SD card.

Nice - thank you!

I was looking at that page earlier but didn't notice the note somehow ... it seems that that option in Cynogen Settings should be left to automatic at all times.

This means that internal memory for apps goes down quicker that with DT A2SD but hey ... if it works, and since I personally don't use that much large apps - it's OK!

But I'm sure it will be a problem for some users ...

Guest naniteboy
There seems to be a problem with the apps on sd: widgets from apps that have been installed on th sd card vanish after a reboot. The widgets show "Problem loading widget" message and can not be re-added via the menu (they just are not listed). Doesn't happen with apps that are installed to internal memory.

Also, awesome work, Tom G, you're the man!

edit: Probably related: after a reboot I lose my input settngs, it resets to the default android keyboard. My keyboard app is also installed to sd card. Possibly the apps on sd cannot be found during some kind of initialization while booting?

I've had the same problem - set in Cyanogen Settings - Application Settings that app destination is Automatic. After I reinstalled my clock, battery and other apps with widgets and also ToucPal - it works (and they don't dissapear after reboot) - but notice that internal memory will go down faster.

Guest TonyDigi
I've had the same problem - set in Cyanogen Settings - Application Settings that app destination is Automatic. After I reinstalled my clock, battery and other apps with widgets and also ToucPal - it works (and they don't dissapear after reboot) - but notice that internal memory will go down faster.

+1

Wow, this is really sweet!

And although the HanvonCalla IME doesn't want to cooperate, HWime does. So that is my Chinese handwriting solution at the moment.

FYI to anyone else who installs HWime, you should not try to move it to SD. It won't work.

Thanks to Tom and everyone else helping to make this rom.

Edit: I did something wrong. HanvonCalla from the 2.1 rom works just fine in this rom.

Edited by twrock

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
And although the HanvonCalla IME doesn't want to cooperate, HWime does. So that is my Chinese handwriting solution at the moment.

FYI to anyone else who installs HWime, you should not try to move it to SD. It won't work.

I suppose we could find an updated IME in Hong Kong ideos rom, if there is one..

Guest feelmychi

My current problems with this rom are as follows:

-No market (yes, I did install gapps)

-There was no frigging file browser (had to download slideme and use a terrible one from there to install an astro backup I had on my sd card)!

-Holding down back button does absolutely nothing - I have to push the back button about 100 times to get out of anything

There were quite a few more problems that spawned from not having the market, but I figured that there was no point in making them known...

Other than that though, I'm absolutely loving this! :D Well done!

Alex :P

You are doing amazing work Tom, it is much appreciated.

For those with space issues (like me), although I can't get nearly as many apps on as before, I did notice that wiping the dalvik cache clears some internal memory, especially if you have uninstalled anything so try it if you get the low space warning.

I suppose we could find an updated IME in Hong Kong ideos rom, if there is one..

If you find one, please let us know where. HwIME is fine for my limited use, but I prefer HanvonCalla. (Although dropping HeIME.apk into the rom is a lot more simple than working with HC ime.)

Incidentally, there is a lot of space in this rom, especially if you start with the Tre update. I've put HwIME and a large number of other apps into /system/app, and I haven't filled it yet! I did get rid of the wallpapers (over 3mb) and "PassionQuickoffice.apk" out of Gapps, so that made some more space.

People who are having install problems, maybe you need to go back and reflash one of the stock roms and get things cleaned up. And of course, factory reset/full data wipe is your friend.

You are doing amazing work Tom, it is much appreciated.

For those with space issues (like me), although I can't get nearly as many apps on as before, I did notice that wiping the dalvik cache clears some internal memory, especially if you have uninstalled anything so try it if you get the low space warning.

Another option is to unzip the rom, see if you can copy any of your "critical" apps into /system/app, rezip, and install. If you overfill it, it won't install and you can just go back and try again. Deleting some of the stuff you know you don't want out of either the CM or the Gapps updates can give you even more room to pre-install apps. YMMV.

Edit: Yep, there's a problem. If you overfill it, it WON'T tell you. That is not good. You just all of a sudden won't have some app you had before.

Edited by twrock

Guest rulerofkaos
Another option is to unzip the rom, see if you can copy any of your "critical" apps into /system/app, rezip, and install. If you overfill it, it won't install and you can just go back and try again. Deleting some of the stuff you know you don't want out of either the CM or the Gapps updates can give you even more room to pre-install apps. YMMV.

To get more free space you can also use the UK partition layout and delete some of the apps in gapps if you don't need them or you can install some gapps (maybe to sd?) and not move them to system/apps.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest starkos
gps doesnt work for me. can anyone confirm this?

Had to turn gps off & on again then maps picked up my location so it is working. Unfortunately it still has the annoying bug of the icon remaining in the notification bar...

I've only just realised that there's no lock screen :S Is this supposed to be the case?

i had this on my first attemt, too. i think that comes along with missing market app.

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
If you find one, please let us know where. HwIME is fine for my limited use, but I prefer HanvonCalla. (Although dropping HeIME.apk into the rom is a lot more simple than working with HC ime.)

found it! though they are not de-odexed :P :

HWCalla_TaiWan

whole system img

I think I've got handwriting working before, in an early FLB2 rom.

gotta dig that file in my PC out and check again..

Guest flip360
Apart from the ROM running reealy great i have quople of questions:

1. How do we get overclock? Did you modify the kernel or is it the same 2.6.29 kernel from git with a different .config?

2. Swap support is in but how do we enable it? swapper is not working good, can we use the swap partition? How do i check if its active? Does it run well alongside compcache?

I replaced Tom`s boot.img with the one flibble provided (oc, swp, ext3) i think this is not the right way of doing it but i have overclock now just i dont know how to check for swap. I made an 64Mb partition for swap but when doing cat proc/swaps it shows nothing is mounted, doing free shows Swap but its all zeroes. Do we need swap now with compcache enabled?Another thing also, a question to our devs, do we have a way of hardware accelerated desktop? Or some arm6 optimizations from hero?

cheers

Edited by flip360

Guest bedevil99
timemachine -> december -> tre-> solved this for me.

Not even that helped...I first tried the Official UK 2.1 then CM6 but didn't work so I tried the Dec update then Tre 2.1 and then CM6 but still no market app. I really do not know what to do now...