CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest protocold

somehow my screen would not rotate anymore after flashing cm6 0.4

Update: it works after reboot twice. :P

Edited by protocold

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
You just have to update the gapps on the first page.

There are wrong permissions in the update-script

And that is the main and only reason for the reboots if somebody try to install app.

I had that reboot issue yesterday after updating.

So I went back to 0.30.

I did install the same gapps (from page #1) but do not have the reboot issue.

So what's wrong with the gapps??? Or is it a 0.40 issue.

I'd like to switch to 0.40 asap, so what's the way to go???

Edited by Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Both dta2sd and froyo a2sd work for me.

Nice to know it is possible. I had one chance to install 0.4 before my phone went in for repair, and I did a full/clean install. I had the "segmentation fault" problem with DT A2SD.

I know I could just use the built-in, but DT works so much better (IMO).

Bah, I've got a four day wait until I get my phone back. :P

updated to 0.40 1 hour ago

everything works fine except for the camera. i now that the default camera crashes after one shot but

now the camera fails no matter what app you use to take the picture... i tried with camera 360, camera FX,

Its a known problem. Reduce the resolution to anything below 3MP.

All apps should default to 3MP, I don't know why most didn't before. There is a default set in libcamera.so which is currently set to 3MP. I thought about trying to modify it with a hex editor, but decided not to.

Guest dimben1
DON'T flash DTA2SD; i reflashed just tom's new rom and install of applications seems to be working fine

j'ai tout réinstallet et ça ne marche toujours pas , comment faire s'il vous plait????

Guest dimben1
je ne peut pas télécharger d'application

Pouvez vous m'aider s'il vous plait, je ne peut pas installer d'application, j'ai bien "market" mais quand j'installe une application ils s'éteint

Merci

There are wrong permissions in the update-script

And that is the main and only reason for the reboots if somebody try to install app.

The gapps zip was put together by Flibblesan. I've rewritten the update-script and it should now set permissions correctly. Let me know if there are still problems.

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
The gapps zip was put together by Flibblesan. I've rewritten the update-script and it should now set permissions correctly. Let me know if there are still problems.

Can we still use the download from page #1 for this?!

In other words: where's the new download with updated script?!

Guest dimben1

Je ne peut toujours pas installer de app. le téléphone s'éteind

Guest protocold
Its a known problem. Reduce the resolution to anything below 3MP.

All apps should default to 3MP, I don't know why most didn't before. There is a default set in libcamera.so which is currently set to 3MP. I thought about trying to modify it with a hex editor, but decided not to.

Let me clarify, the reason why default camera app doesnt work is because libcamera.so currently set to 3MP, but it needs to be set lower than 3MP (say 2.xMP) ? :P :D

Edited by protocold

Guest moomoon
Je ne peut toujours pas installer de app. le téléphone s'éteind

tu es chez quel operateur moi je tourne en cm6 0.3 et je suis chez bouygues avec U8230

Guest dimben1
tu es chez quel operateur moi je tourne en cm6 0.3 et je suis chez bouygues avec U8230

je suis chez bouygues aussi avec un U8230 et je suis en cm6 0.4

mais je peut pas télécharger d'appli.. :P

Can we still use the download from page #1 for this?!

In other words: where's the new download with updated script?!

Its still the same link. I replaced the file on the server.

Let me clarify, the default camera app doesnt work is because libcamera.so currently set to 3MP, but it needs to be set lower than 3MP (say 2.xMP) ? :P :D

The camera doesn't work at 3MP in any app. I haven't figured out why (it looks like it does some messed up stuff with memory). If you lower the resolution (for example to UXGA) it will work. The problem only effects 3MP.

Guest niko1986

Thank you so much for your hard work on porting cyanogen to the pulse. The quality of cyanogenmod really shows in terms performance increases and useful additions to android.

At the very least please compile a new rom with the latest cyanogen changes every month or so :P

Its still the same link. I replaced the file on the server.

The camera doesn't work at 3MP in any app. I haven't figured out why (it looks like it does some messed up stuff with memory). If you lower the resolution (for example to UXGA) it will work. The problem only effects 3MP.

Actually the camera does work in fullres (3MP) with vignette, multiple photos and everything.

Reported from many users.

Great work TOM ! ! !

Guest starkos
Actually the camera does work in fullres (3MP) with vignette, multiple photos and everything.

Great work TOM ! ! !

Yep same here with Vignette. I think the only time I had problems with other camera apps is if I opened the stock one previously, but not sure on that...

ps: I'm talking about 0.3, gona try 0.4 out later today :P

Great work TOM ! ! !

OK. Thanks.

I haven't tried any other apps myself, I was just going on what others have said.

Guest flip360

Tom you brought us the 2.2.1 version to the Pulse (which T-MOB didnt even plan to), so i must say YOU ROCK MASTER!! :P Along with OC and Swap this phone is humming along just nicely,

Cheers mate

Yep same here with Vignette. I think the only time I had problems with other camera apps is if I opened the stock one previously, but not sure on that...

ps: I'm talking about 0.3, gona try 0.4 out later today :P

I just tried vignette, but the free version only allows low res. Using Camera Magic it dies on the 3rd photo instead of the second, but it still dies.