CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest sparky71a
Supposedly if there is rom manager in the system partition under apps then it will break a2sd so its best to either choose my rom (cm6 AIO) which doesnt have it in there or to flash this, install a file manager that allows you to write to the system partition like es file explorer and delete rom manager.apk from system/apps and then flash dtapp2sd

Hmm it seems the problem may well be to do with the original set up of individual handsets.

dtapp2sd works absolutley fine, no issues at all, and as we all have the same handsets I suggest this approach.

Complete wipe of handset (just to be sure)

install .40 and wthen istall the previous gapps that came with .30 (this overcomes the installation failure when using market)

Boot the fone up and get your terminal up and running with permissions.

reboot into clockwork mod and flash dtapp2sd.

Reboot into handset and activate dtapp2sd in terminal following normal procedure.

Everything activates without any issues, my internal storage space shot up to a very healthy 81mb, infact this is by far the best my handset as operated to date.

No fc's, more than enough user space, and using the o/c kernel and set cpu it's a pleasure to play with now.

Edited by sparky71a

Guest ahmeds2000x
HOW CAN I DO IF I WANNA INSTALL THAT UPDATE FROM V0.30 TO V0.40?

PLEASE HELP ME, I DON'T WANNA MAKE THIS A s***

THANX FROM VENEZUELA

install the zip from recovery

1.put the zip in the sdcard

2.if you are using 0.30 long press the power bottom and chose reboot and then mark recovery and press ok

3.then after recovery opens chose install zip from sdcard

4.open chose zip from sdcard

5.you're gonna see the name of the zip press it

6.press yes install <zip file>

7. wait a little and when it's done press back bottom

8.press reboot system now

your done

tested on clockwork recovery

Guest biron_w

A couple of questions about this.

1)I can't get dtapps2sd working. I've flashed it but when I go into terminal and try and use it I just get a message saying '/system/bin/busybox.a2sd: no such file or directory'

I removed rom manager but it still doesn't work.

Does anybody have a version of touchpal that works? I also flashed Touchhpal_CM6_signed.zip but it doesn't show up in the options.

Guest Sh4d0w940
Long pressing the home button should show the recent applications. This doesn't work for me...caused by the fact that we haven't dedicated back and home buttons? How do you access to the recent applications menu?

Music controll functions should also appear when the screen is locked. This doesn't work for me, too.

I've attached a file to change the layout, if you push it to system/usr/keylayout your red button will be a home button and if you hold it the recent applications menu will pop up.

Holding the back button will now end a call. (you have to change the file extension from .kl.txt to .kl because MoDaCo won't let me upload .kl files)

For the music controls to work you have to enable them in the cyanogenmod settings.

A couple of questions about this.

1)I can't get dtapps2sd working. I've flashed it but when I go into terminal and try and use it I just get a message saying '/system/bin/busybox.a2sd: no such file or directory'

I removed rom manager but it still doesn't work.

Does anybody have a version of touchpal that works? I also flashed Touchhpal_CM6_signed.zip but it doesn't show up in the options.

You have to flash dta2sd again after removing rommanager.

Sh4d0w940

surf_keypad.kl.txt

Edited by Sh4d0w940

Guest biron_w
You have to flash dta2sd again after removing rommanager.

Sh4d0w940

Still doesn't work. I formatted my memory card and did the usual partitions before flashing this rom. Wiped everything then all I flashed was the rom. Bootted up,removed rom manager,went into terminal to grant it super user permissions. Booted into recovery and flashed dtapps2sd and I still get the message saying no such file or directory :P ;)

Guest Sh4d0w940
Still doesn't work. I formatted my memory card and did the usual partitions before flashing this rom. Wiped everything then all I flashed was the rom. Bootted up,removed rom manager,went into terminal to grant it super user permissions. Booted into recovery and flashed dtapps2sd and I still get the message saying no such file or directory :P ;)

Weird :P

Are you using the correct dta2sd zip? I've used this one: Click

Sh4d0w940

I had the same problem, but I fix that with Overclock Recovery, First Wipe everything. Then, format sd-ext, sd, system.

Connect the phone to usb, copy, the rom and dtapps2sd. Install everything from the recovery menu.

Good luck.

Guest niix2571

Hey guys, is any of you having trouble with the Launcher Pro Plus? I have the latest version (0.8.1.1) and ever since I updated CM, the 3D drawer hasn't been working :/ I can scroll it down, but after that, whenever I touch the screen, it instantly goes to the top... 2D works fine, but I really like 3D and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me ;) I've done some Googling, and found that there are people experiencing same issue, all say it's started when they updated to CM RC2, just like me. Help?

Guest spanner44

Loving this install but is there a way to correct a fault I seem to be having when I record a video. During the recording, it seems to keep focusing every few seconds, going in and out.

Not sure if there is a fix for this, or is there another app on the market that I can use to replace it.*

Guest GregorioUY

Update from 0.3, using Clockwork, no wipe required everything is fine.

At first it was quite slow, but after flashing AntonioPT fixes, everything is snappier than ever.

Now just waiting for 2.3...drool..., or 6.1 final...droooool....

Guest Richard_Arkless
Updated from 0.3, too. But where is my a2sd? In 0.3 it was default. Now in terminal it says when I try a2sd check: "a2sd not found". wtf?

Because roms wipe the system partition before installing, any other files inside the system partition wont be there anymore so you will need to flash dtapp2sd again, either that or flash my rom which has all that done for you

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest pitterr
Because roms wipe the system partition before installing, any other files inside the system partition wont be there anymore so you will need to flash dtapp2sd again, either that or flash my rom which has all that done for you

Thank you, it worked.

For the music controls to work you have to enable them in the cyanogenmod settings.

I have enabled this in the settings or is a reboot necessary? What about reversing the phone when somebody calls you to switch the phone to silent-mode. Does this work for you?

Guest biron_w
Weird ;)

Are you using the correct dta2sd zip? I've used this one: Click

Sh4d0w940

I was using that one. After much arsing about I finally got it working :P

But now I can't get touchpal working. I flashed touchpal_CM6_signed but it won't show up :P

Guest totiadrenalin
I was using that one. After much arsing about I finally got it working :P

But now I can't get touchpal working. I flashed touchpal_CM6_signed but it won't show up ;)

Out of Sytem Memory!

type this in the terminal:

su

df -h /system

And you will seee.

No other comments

Best Regards

TOTI

Guest totiadrenalin
Any recommendations for a class 6 card for swap size and swapiness?

As fast as your sdvard as bigger your swap partition can be.

The same with the swappy, but up to 60

I'm using 128MB swap partition

And swappy = 60

Guest totiadrenalin
That's worked. Cheers ;)

The Android SDK Version 8 (Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread) has been released.

This gotta be cool.

Just downloading now!

EDIT:

NAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

To much WebOs kinda UI!

And The SDK is still using the .29 kernel.

Tested, and it can do work with 100MB of ram.

So Maybe the Gingerbread could be ported on our Pulse.

Who knows?

Edited by totiadrenalin

Out of Sytem Memory!

type this in the terminal:

su

df -h /system

And you will seee.

No other comments

Best Regards

TOTI

So, this is supposed to extend the internal memory? Because I only see the current memory status. No option for expanding.. ;)

Edited by pbacev