My GT540 = DEAD

Guest Pagnchanak

Guest Invictos

If i manage to make the phone start some how .... i will try this.But the wast time ive tryed (before my phone goes dead screen ot what ever it is) ive done all this steps and nothing.

Guest Pagnchanak
If i manage to make the phone start some how .... i will try this.But the wast time ive tryed (before my phone goes dead screen ot what ever it is) ive done all this steps and nothing.

We're the same though.. :)

Guest Invictos

Sadly yes.Btw if you are any good with russian language you shoud check 4pda.ru forum ,maybe you'll find something that might help you.It seems that no one cares here.

Guest Pagnchanak
Sadly yes.Btw if you are any good with russian language you shoud check 4pda.ru forum ,maybe you'll find something that might help you.It seems that no one cares here.

I don't know russian. Btw, don't think like that. Maybe it's not that they don't want to care, it's just they also have no idea how to get it work since our phones are not response at all.

Guest lonegunman

It looks like you will need to jtag you phone back to life as by the looks you have killed the bootloader, problem being the cost, £180 just for a box.cables and software, a lot of money for just 1 phone, unless you can get other people to send you there phone for repair, you could try charging the battery in a diffrent phone and see if that helps of sometime you can put the phone in the right mode by changing the voltage on the + -, you need to do a lot more reading and the best place for that is HERE, if that sounds to much like hard work and trust me it can be, just send the phone back and it should be fix for you as the first the service center will do is reflash all the software and it will come back to life if it dont then they should replace it for you, hope this helps in some way.

Guest Invictos

First i have to say one big THANK YOU.Second ive tried to put an another battery from lg optimus and it didnt work.Ive looked that forum that you link and i dont uderstand nothing from there,i mean nothin related to my problem but i will continue searching there.That thing with the software and the cables and the box cant afford it right now,or new phone.And last you suggest to sand it back to any lg sevice center and they can fix it? If its possible that will be great.

Thanks for your efforts and time.

Guest lonegunman

I checked the forum after i post and i could not find any info to tell the truth so that was my mistake to send you there,if you phone is on a contract then phone or go to the contract providers shop and tell them that after a overnight charge the phone is now like this,do not tell them you was up dating software as they will laugh at you and tell to tough deal with it,when you go to the shop take all your contract paperwork with you,if you get no joy there then go to the lg website and see if there is infomation about sending phone back for warranty repair,again you may need to send your paperwork off,this only applys if the phone is under a year old.

Guest Pagnchanak
I checked the forum after i post and i could not find any info to tell the truth so that was my mistake to send you there,if you phone is on a contract then phone or go to the contract providers shop and tell them that after a overnight charge the phone is now like this,do not tell them you was up dating software as they will laugh at you and tell to tough deal with it,when you go to the shop take all your contract paperwork with you,if you get no joy there then go to the lg website and see if there is infomation about sending phone back for warranty repair,again you may need to send your paperwork off,this only applys if the phone is under a year old.

Yeah,,

Yeah, m doing it now. I even lost my warranty card but I have contacted LG. They asked doe invoice but I have lost both warranty card and invoice. Luckily, I am able to pursuade them to accept my phone since it's brand new phone. Will tell you all how it will be going.

Guest kingybear
Yea,keep us in touch.I wanna know if they fix that kind of problems

I think they will.

My phone loads to the LG screen but then no more. All the reset buttons that you say to hold don't work, but how long are you meant to hold them? And computer doesn't detect it.

Guest Clarkey15

I just had a similar problem so hopefully I can help. Take the usb cable out and the battery out of the phone, put the battery back in the phone, hold the volume down button, the search button then hold power till it vibrates, then connect the cable and try to flash the phone. If your phone disconnects while trying to flash, connect the phone the same way then go to device manager and disable the usb modem

Guest kingybear
I just had a similar problem so hopefully I can help. Take the usb cable out and the battery out of the phone, put the battery back in the phone, hold the volume down button, the search button then hold power till it vibrates, then connect the cable and try to flash the phone. If your phone disconnects while trying to flash, connect the phone the same way then go to device manager and disable the usb modem

Thank you i now have Download mode. Hmm now what, KDZ still wont start the flash.

Guest Pallaros

I suffered yesterday the same EXACT problem with you. During 2.1 flasing, app hanged. Then, my phone went in "download mode". After 10 tries to reflash with kdz phone became dead. That's it. I returned it to LG for replacement.

Edited by Pallaros

• 1 month later...
Guest Android System :
Well thats weird... i dont really know what to suggest you, if the phone is not responding at all, you should contact tech support then i guess. The waranty wont work if they will get that you tried to flash a rom to your device.

Hi there all friend. I use the mobile LG GT540 too. I am updated this from 1.6 to 2.1. I love it very much. But when a day I downloads game name "Ganstar...." to my phone but it is not finish yet. So I downloads it away and I fell a sleep and I when I get up back at 6 : 00 am. I took my phone and It can't not touch. I mean that hmmm, my phone's can't not using touch. But the all the buttons is worked simple. I don't know why could anyone help me please? Thank and Pardon me if my English not well. I wonder what 's that hell problem come from, but from my mind is that ganstar game have virus or too much solution make my phone ERROR!?? ;) :)

Guest ilovelg
Hi there all friend. I use the mobile LG GT540 too. I am updated this from 1.6 to 2.1. I love it very much. But when a day I downloads game name "Ganstar...." to my phone but it is not finish yet. So I downloads it away and I fell a sleep and I when I get up back at 6 : 00 am. I took my phone and It can't not touch. I mean that hmmm, my phone's can't not using touch. But the all the buttons is worked simple. I don't know why could anyone help me please? Thank and Pardon me if my English not well. I wonder what 's that hell problem come from, but from my mind is that ganstar game have virus or too much solution make my phone ERROR!?? ;) :)

You again ? Ahm... Dude the game/app cant contain a virus like that, that would make your screen unresponsible ! Simply, that kind of virus dosnt even exist on the phones, you propably was sleeping on ure phone and maybe broke some sensor or something i dont know IT IS DEFINETELY NOT A SOFTWARE RELATED, Contact LG support.

Guest Pagnchanak
You again ? Ahm... Dude the game/app cant contain a virus like that, that would make your screen unresponsible ! Simply, that kind of virus dosnt even exist on the phones, you propably was sleeping on ure phone and maybe broke some sensor or something i dont know IT IS DEFINETELY NOT A SOFTWARE RELATED, Contact LG support.

Is it still the same when you restart or reset/format the phone??

Guest djgerry300

I tried to flash 2.1 back over 2.2.1 from cyanogen but it failed.

What i did to repair was this:

1. I downloaded the cis_V20A custom rom with fastboot

2. I was able to flash te the rom (with the kdz tools) to my device but it still won't boot past the lg logo.

3. Start the cellphone in fastboot mode by pressing the power + camera button (wich worked without a problem, the device should be recognised by the pc)

4. downloaden the latest cyanogenmod for my swift and used fastboot to flash the system.img and the boot.img

After you did this you should be able to boot just fine!

I hope I helped you with this :)

And sorry if my english is bad (a)

Guest pashinator
I tried to flash 2.1 back over 2.2.1 from cyanogen but it failed.

What i did to repair was this:

1. I downloaded the cis_V20A custom rom with fastboot

2. I was able to flash te the rom (with the kdz tools) to my device but it still won't boot past the lg logo.

3. Start the cellphone in fastboot mode by pressing the power + camera button (wich worked without a problem, the device should be recognised by the pc)

4. downloaden the latest cyanogenmod for my swift and used fastboot to flash the system.img and the boot.img

After you did this you should be able to boot just fine!

I hope I helped you with this :(

And sorry if my english is bad (a)

I NEED THAT ROM

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bloodlust8

My phone is dead as well and I can't return it to LG because I'm now back in the Philippines (I bought mine in the UK). It stopped halfway when I was flashing 2.1 rom. Any fix or guide for this phone?

Edited by bloodlust8

Guest Migiitto

Hi!

I just had the same issue with this phone. I sent my phone back to the reseller and they had its main board replaced. I guess that if you send it back to LG they will do the same.

Guest ilovelg

My phone just got bricked too, he is completely dead, not even single response, download mode dosnt work... Tried everything... Waiting for Monday will give it too LG Waranty Support.

Russians on 4pda.ru also mentioned that only LG service can fix this :/ so yeah i really hope they will accept my phone :/

Did the guys at Waranty service accepted your phone even if you used KDZ updater ? Im pretty much sure you all have lied that you used LG Support Tool, but cant they notice anything ? I didnt had Recovery or Fastboot or any Costum ROM. Im pretty much sure My Phone's Bootloader got deleted, i was flashing it via KDZ got an error message. Restarted the phone and thats it, it got bricked :D

I need to think a good lie right now :/ Suggest me something :P

Edited by ilovelg