flashable cm6.zip

Guest shamikebab

Guest whackster
You haven't watched that South Park have you?

Where shenanigans was called, and an all out war started between South Park residents and the carnival people.

That was wicked,

You wouldn't understand, its a Jersey thing! :)

Guest shamikebab
Seriously?!

What did you change to get wifi to work?? Or did you just repack it with the kitchen?

the way i got the wifi working was i did not flash a2sd and the overclock kernel.

I am going to update the kitchen then i would hope wifi would work

Edited by shamikebab

Guest DanWilson
You wouldn't understand, its a Jersey thing! :)

Ah.

South Park still rocks.

Wifi needs the script that Tom provided in the data partition to work.

It also requires an updated kernel, which is what the flb_0.20_boot.img thing was.

What is needed for Wifi to work is that script.

Guest shamikebab
Ah.

South Park still rocks.

Wifi needs the script that Tom provided in the data partition to work.

It also requires an updated kernel, which is what the flb_0.20_boot.img thing was.

What is needed for Wifi to work is that script.

Something is wrong with kitchen i am using so i would have to update the kitchen

I have test with fastboot everythings works

Guest whackster
Something is wrong with kitchen i am using so i would have to update the kitchen

I have test with fastboot everythings works

The kitchen alone won't work. We need to figure out what exactly the .img files unpack and with what permissions.

Guest starkos
The kitchen alone won't work. We need to figure out what exactly the .img files unpack and with what permissions.

I've attached the update-script that I made & a replacement busybox that I used. For me both wifi & data works, but I can't say it will work with roms built using the kitchen as I made mine manually. E.g, when extracting system.img the kitchen moves bash & nano from /xbin to /bin, which would cause errors with this script.

There is most likely unnecessary entries in the script hence my request in this thread for symlinking info, but it works for me so it may do for you..

Guest whackster
I've attached the update-script that I made & a replacement busybox that I used. For me both wifi & data works, but I can't say it will work with roms built using the kitchen as I made mine manually. E.g, when extracting system.img the kitchen moves bash & nano from /xbin to /bin, which would cause errors with this script.

There is most likely unnecessary entries in the script hence my request in this thread for symlinking info, but it works for me so it may do for you..

Well I don't see anything different in your script, and yes the kitchen seems to be moving some things from /xbin to /bin, nice catch! I'll see what files are getting moved, try to fix the symlinks and report back.

Guest shamikebab
any progress on a working flash able cm6 with data+wifi?

i got the data working and wifi but the problem with wifi is it say connecting after while it disconnects Tom G has given script which fix a problem

Guest h3dshot
i got the data working and wifi but the problem with wifi is it say connecting after while it disconnects Tom G has given script which fix a problem

ok good work, so could we be expecting it by monday? :) im not too fussed about wifi tbh i just use tmob internet cos im used to froyo wifi not liking my wireless :)

Wifi won't work with this (if it isn't) because Tom has a script on the data partition, and I don't think flashable zips can change data.

Although if I'm wrong, good job bro, I won't use it because I'm already there! :)

Wifi will work fine as long as /data is wiped. The wifi/wpa stuff is a bit different to the AOSP rom, but init creates everything so as long as /data is wiped it will be fine (importantly /data/system/wpa_supplicant MUST be deleted).

The script I have on /data is to set the netcfg permissions on first boot. If the permissions are set correctly in the update script it will work.

there is also a flashable ZIP in the U8220 section of a chinese android forum which is called hiapk,I'm now using that one and feel smooth ~ if someone's interesting about that, i'll PM u the URL,but everyting's in chinese(i mean the introduce and the download page)

Edited by dcass

Guest MarcusHenrique

Hey dude, the OC boot img you've posted is the 710mhz one, witch scores about 1mflop less then the 691mhz kernel at linpack.

Shouldn't you post the better one perhaps? :P

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Guest h3dshot

just flashed this seems to be working ok at the moment, data is working fine, however wifi is not, and im trying to use es strongs FE but its force closing on start and ive flashed google apps but theres no market?

any ideas?