Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest haze028
you don't copy it by moving..you copy it with sudo commands...and it takes less than a minute...less than 30 seconds actually :)

I know, I used the 'sudo cp .........' and it started right away, but i gave up after an hour and a half and only 2mb copied. Not sure why it would be doing this at all..... I followed the guide to a T and seems like it's working, just at that crazy speed I had mentioned.

Guest Sinistersky
I know, I used the 'sudo cp .........' and it started right away, but i gave up after an hour and a half and only 2mb copied. Not sure why it would be doing this at all..... I followed the guide to a T and seems like it's working, just at that crazy speed I had mentioned.

Do you have ubuntu running wmware or installed on pc? I have wmware and it works great... I can install android in 2 minutes

Guest thanh_nha0706

If your device is getting too hot, you should download "setCPU" from Market and adjust the maximum freq down to 400Mhz. Don't worry! It won't slow down your phone too much. At this rate, I can still play some games such as "Angry Birds Rio", "Robo Defense", etc smoothly.

Also, set the minimum freq to 166 MHz to stay away from SOD.

Beside that, you ought to download and install "Advance Task Killer" to end some tasks or applications that you don't want to.

P/S: Remember not to kill "setCPU" !

SetCPU v2.1.4

Advanced Task Killer v1.9.5

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest teryo

Please help... i cant install Froyo... i installed eclair before and it was working... i followed the same steps as before and changed the name of o2b2update(2d/3d driver) to o2b3update. i get stuck after IPC Transer Start!

Guest haze028
Do you have ubuntu running wmware or installed on pc? I have wmware and it works great... I can install android in 2 minutes

Tried both, when it was taking forever it was on a PC with ubuntu 11 installed. My laptop is running xp with ubuntu in a box. Sadly i'm still messing around with it... has not gone smoothly..

Couldn't get it to recongnize the drive at first... then once it did, it's gone slow... then i re formatted and tried everything from scratch and it's having trouble mounting my ext4 partition... arrrgggg.... i'll get it.. just gonna piss me off some for first :)

Guest surenz

So finally I jumped to Samsung Galaxy S II. Tired from waiting for some working release of Android for our phone.

Good luck to all the users and devs. They convinced me totally to use Android.

Edited by surenz

Guest haze028

Ok... so i'm STILL trying to do an install to my storage... two days later :)

No mater what i've tried so far ubuntu seems to have emense trouble trying to copy from one partition to the ext4. If I can't get it working today I'm giving up on this install method. I do have a question before I call it quits though....

When i'm setting up the partitions i've always left the 512mb partition that was on there alone, I assumed it's the WiMo partition. Is this correct, or should i be deleting all partitions, including the 512mb, before creating the new ones....

* The 512mb shows in MiniTool as a logical partition of unknown type, gparted picks it up as an extended fat partition.

Edited by haze028

Guest voyteckst
hi~!

I'm Korean. I'm working omnia2 porting to ginger bread 2.3.4,,,but phone+wifi+apn+camera not work..

I worked files link is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41YFTQE6

Please help me..

My cafe is http://cafe.naver.com/o2android

thanks.

Your site isn't translated even with google translator...

That's why phone isn't working:

Change this line in build.prop:

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so

Edited by voyteckst

Guest haze028
Your site isn't translated even with google translator...

That's why phone isn't working:

Change this line in build.prop:

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so

It translates well with babel fish.

Guest shoarmabakpao
hi~!

I'm Korean. I'm working omnia2 porting to ginger bread 2.3.4,,,but phone+wifi+apn+camera not work..

I worked files link is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=41YFTQE6

Please help me..

My cafe is http://cafe.naver.com/o2android

thanks.

It is great to see progress on the other side of the world! I checked your website out and it surely seems promising. You should try to focus alot on the optimalizations because that's what holding our Omnia 2 back. I am a total rookie on this but i'm learning about this every day so mabey some day I could help too :)

Guest voyteckst
It translates well with babel fish.

It translates but for sure not well...

Besides with gb will be problem with speed, becaues of good 3d drivers. Look at samdroid forums for Spica.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest haze028
It translates but for sure not well...

True enough, i sent that before i really tried to read the site i guess. :) Better than google translate did though...

Guest sykim
is there an English version of the site?

thanks..but

sorry,,Kr version site..^^;

You know how to phone+wifi working ..Please test my worked files.

I don't know how to IMEI + IMSI edit files or setup..

i guess loadmod script file ..

#!/bin/bash

rm hotplug.txt

if [ -f /storage/o2b3update.tar.gz ];

then

cat /storage/o2b3update.tar.gz | tar xzvf -

rm /storage/o2b3update.tar.gz

fi

if [ -f /storage/o2b3update.sh ];

then

chmod +x /storage/o2b3update.sh

/storage/o2b3update.sh > /storage/o2b3update.txt 2>&1

rm /storage/o2b3update.sh

fi

insmod /modules/param.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_rotator.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_mfc.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_g2d_driver.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_pp.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_jpeg.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_g3d.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_cmm.ko

insmod /modules/s3c_camera.ko

#insmod /modules/vibrator.ko

insmod /modules/Si4709_driver.ko

insmod /modules/dpram.ko

insmod /modules/multipdp.ko

chmod +rw /dev/*

ln -s /sd/Phone_I8000XXJA1.bin /dev/bml9

efsd &

sleep 25

ipctool 07 00 00 00 01 01 03 # IPC_GSM_PWR_PHONE_PWR_UP NOTI

sleep 5

ipctool -d 07 00 02 ff 0a 01 02 # IPC_GSM_MISC_ME_VERSION GET

radiooptions 5

sleep 5

> /tmp_log

STAT=1

while [ $STAT -gt 0 ]

do

# ipctool 09 00 03 00 05 01 03 03 01 # IPC_GSM_SEC_PIN_STATUS NOTI

ipctool -d 07 00 02 ff 0a 01 02 # IPC_GSM_MISC_ME_VERSION GET

logcat -b radio > /tmp_log&

sleep 10

kill -9 $!

grep SIM_IO /tmp_log >/dev/null 2>&1

STAT=$?

done

Edited by sykim

Guest haze028

Can anyone help me with this partitioning.... I'm feeling like the very slow transfer rate(1mb/hour!!) in ubuntu is caused by bad partitioning. Maybe because i've left that 512mb partition there while re-creating the others...

I really want to delete all the partitions on the 16gb my storage drive and re-create as stated in the guides, but I'm worried deleting that 512mb unknown partition could brick my phone. Which I can't offord to do.

Current partitioning:

13.81gb fat primary

2gb ext4 primary

512mb unknown logical

Please someone let me know if it is safe to delete that 500mb partition...

Guest sykim
It is great to see progress on the other side of the world! I checked your website out and it surely seems promising. You should try to focus alot on the optimalizations because that's what holding our Omnia 2 back. I am a total rookie on this but i'm learning about this every day so mabey some day I could help too :)

thanks. but improtant work phone + wifi enable.. later work try to focus alot on the optimalizations..^^;

my zimage + startup.txt files link http://cafe.naver.com/o2android/281 with tar file 1 more test?

Guest Nelson Neoh
Can anyone help me with this partitioning.... I'm feeling like the very slow transfer rate(1mb/hour!!) in ubuntu is caused by bad partitioning. Maybe because i've left that 512mb partition there while re-creating the others...

I really want to delete all the partitions on the 16gb my storage drive and re-create as stated in the guides, but I'm worried deleting that 512mb unknown partition could brick my phone. Which I can't offord to do.

Current partitioning:

13.81gb fat primary

2gb ext4 primary

512mb unknown logical

Please someone let me know if it is safe to delete that 500mb partition...

On my situation, I have 8GB storage and during the re-partition, found there is a 500++ MB extended partition in it.

After a simple study, I think those files are kind of spell check or dictionary, so it is safe to remove in my case.

What I have did is to backup all the data from My Storage (include the 500++MB) into Ubuntu and then using GParted to delete all the partition and resized them as I wish to. This is the only way I can repartition them.

To play safe, would suggest while you perform the backup, do remember the way of it's origin way of partition. If anything goes wrong, you can just repartition them back and copy back all the files. It wont give any problem.

Hope this would help.

Guest voyteckst
thanks..but

sorry,,Kr version site..^^;

You know how to phone+wifi working ..Please test my worked files.

I don't know how to IMEI + IMSI edit files or setup..

i guess loadmod script file ..

#!/bin/bash

Have You copied all binaries mentioned in loadmod script? You also have to copy libsec-ril.so from froyo. Additional question - which kernel are You using?

I would help, but don't have time now - working on intercept's froyo (already phone, wifi, all sensors working, probably no call bug).

Guest alabama20
thanks. but improtant work phone + wifi enable.. later work try to focus alot on the optimalizations..^^;

my zimage + startup.txt files link http://cafe.naver.com/o2android/281 with tar file 1 more test?

Sykim i tried to run it but i always get errors like:

"init : cannot execue (...) permission denied"

"init : untracked pid ... exited "

Guest voyteckst
Sykim i tried to run it but i always get errors like:

"init : cannot execue (...) permission denied"

"init : untracked pid ... exited "

It's written why! Add executable bit to /systeb/bin and /system/xbin binaries.